Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
28-3

If there was ever a time to trade #11 (Julio to Cowboys)

58 posts in this topic

Per Jerry Jones:

“First of all, a true No. 1 you saw one the other night,” Jones said. “You see [Atlanta’s] Julio Jones, you see players like that. In my mind, every team doesn’t have a true No. 1 receiver. When you put it in that class, those guys that just absolutely change the ball game with where they are. And that hasn’t been our case for several years here that we’ve had a true No. 1, not a true No. 1.”

What in Jerry’s world would he give up to get his mits on Julio “Jerry” Jones?...

I don't care what they offered for Julio, I wouldn't do  anything to benefit Jerry Jones and the cowgirls. I only  hate them a little bit less than the swamp dwellers.

Edited by TNFalcon1
UK13 and Dirtytrollbird like this

33 minutes ago, Malachore said:

There's never a time to trade Julio Jones.

if there was a time - it's right now why he has value and we need draft picks and money to sign our young defensive stars. And remember JJ is nearing 30 and MOST WRs start declining in the early 30s plus he's had his fair share of injuries. JJ is going to want 18-20 M per year so is he worth it in his 30s? This year is over so why not consider trading him? 

NO!  Julio is one of the few players on this team I would not trade!  Julio makes Ridley possible, not the other way around, plus Julio is fairly cheap TBH.  I would backload Julio's contract to keep him, let some over the other bums WALK, trade a few more if they have value!

me4falcons and Detroit_Falcon like this

1 hour ago, 28-3 said:

Per Jerry Jones:

“First of all, a true No. 1 you saw one the other night,” Jones said. “You see [Atlanta’s] Julio Jones, you see players like that. In my mind, every team doesn’t have a true No. 1 receiver. When you put it in that class, those guys that just absolutely change the ball game with where they are. And that hasn’t been our case for several years here that we’ve had a true No. 1, not a true No. 1.”

What in Jerry’s world would he give up to get his mits on Julio “Jerry” Jones?...

If they did 2 1sts or a 1st and a good pass rusher that isn't in danger of being suspended they should really think about it.

There's going to be a muther of a cap hit if they trade him this year.

And FYI I'm for completely blowing up the offense and starting over because this move is headed in that direction.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

There's never a time to trade Julio Jones.

Let’s name the players Cleveland picked with mega trade. No one remembers them. Gathering picks and giving up best players is what Browns and other bottom feeders do. Finally the Browns stayed put and drafted a QB instead of trading and they start winning. 

CrimsonFalcon likes this

22 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

If they did 2 1sts or a 1st and a good pass rusher that isn't in danger of being suspended they should really think about it.

And FYI I'm for completely blowing up the offense and starting over because this move is headed in that direction.

Huh?

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

if there was a time - it's right now why he has value and we need draft picks and money to sign our young defensive stars. And remember JJ is nearing 30 and MOST WRs start declining in the early 30s plus he's had his fair share of injuries. JJ is going to want 18-20 M per year so is he worth it in his 30s? This year is over so why not consider trading him? 

Because there is still 2 more years left on his contract and we can win next year with him.

GhostofGritz likes this

First off, Jerrah ain't giving up the farm when he doesn't have the QB to throw downfield.

Secondly, we have a future HOFer who is in the prime of his career, so what we might get in picks, how long are you waiting for the rebuild for picks that may or may not pan out? 

You don't trade a 1million winning lotto ticket for 5 unscratched lotto tickets with a chance at 5million. Just ask the Raiders. Bet they're already regretting the trade.

We know what we get from Julio. Draft picks are huge unknowns and guarantee nothing.

me4falcons likes this

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Blowing up offense? so the only strength of the team goes away. That’s one **** of way to become Buffalo Bills and Cleveland Browns.