JT

Maybe it’s just me but I believe there’s serious overreaction about our o-line!

54 posts in this topic

Well I've seen every Falcon OLine crew since 1966. In no particular order these were the best groups IMO:

• 1978 - Kenn, Scott, Van Note, Thielemann, Bryant
  • 1991 - Kenn, Hoover, Dukes, Fralic, Hinton
  • 1998 - Whitfield, Collins, Toebeck, Williams, Salaam
  • 2008 - Weiner, Blalock, McClure, Dahl, Clabo
  • 2016 - Matthews, Levitre, Mack, Chester, Shraeder 

Current group of Matthews, Schweitzer, Mack, Fusco, Schraeder have been exposed and are primed to get their ases handed to em if they don't right the ship yesterday.

Osiruz likes this

4 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

We just suck against the 3-4. Always have.

Correct sir...a  3-4 D blows the OLs mind more than a whole box of gummy bears at one time lol

12 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Well I've seen every Falcon OLine crew since 1966. In no particular order these were the best groups IMO:

• 1978 - Kenn, Scott, Van Note, Thielemann, Bryant
  • 1991 - Kenn, Hoover, Dukes, Fralic, Hinton
  • 1998 - Whitfield, Collins, Toebeck, Williams, Salaam
  • 2008 - Weiner, Blalock, McClure, Dahl, Clabo
  • 2016 - Matthews, Levitre, Mack, Chester, Shraeder 

Current group of Matthews, Schweitzer, Mack, Fusco, Schraeder have been exposed and are primed to get their ases handed to em if they don't right the ship yesterday.

That ‘08 group was naaaaaasty. That was some mean sumbeeches lined up. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

48 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

What I noticed during the Steelers game is that it felt like they knew our snap counts to a T. They knew exactly when Ryan was going to bluff and exactly when he was going to snap

Are they making any attempt to disguise the snap count? It looks like Ryan calls some signals, at some point Mack lifts his head, and then when he lowers it, the next count he snaps the ball. How long would it take the average DL to figure that out?

Just now, PokerSteve said:

Are they making any attempt to disguise the snap count? It looks like Ryan calls some signals, at some point Mack lifts his head, and then when he lowers it, the next count he snaps the ball. How long would it take the average DL to figure that out?

Bro it seems like they knew it in the 1st quarter. It was just bizarre

PokerSteve and JT like this

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

They kicked it off in 1978 and beat plenty as for three or four years. Best Falcon Oline ever. Trust me.

That ‘78 line should have one HoFer if not 2. Falcons get screwed on the Hall. 

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

That ‘78 line should have one HoFer if not 2. Falcons get screwed on the Hall. 

That 1978 Oline blocked us to our first ever playoff game, stayed formidable for 3-4 years and beat plenty as. I've never seen another Falcon Oline that could hang with em. Kept Bart clean after his first three years of beat downs and injuries. Led the way for WA31. Only Falcon Oline even close might be the 1991 Oline but they were running a conflicted Red Gun offense. Yeah bro 1978. Wish we had em back. Just imagine:

• Kenn - 6 Pro Bowls, 1 All Pro
  • Thielemann - 3 Pro Bowls, 1 All Pro
  • Van Note - 6 Pro Bowls
  • Bryant - 7 year Falcon run as RT anchor. 
  • Scott - 5 years of solid OG Falcon blocking

Yeah that Oline group was by far the best in our humble franchise history. Trust me on this one folks.

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Bro it seems like they knew it in the 1st quarter. It was just bizarre

I think it was just one of those games where a defensive unit gets extremely motivated like Seahawks vs Broncos SB or Panthers vs Broncos SB...defense found some motivation early and kept feeding into it.

our line will be fine and help us put up 30 plus on the Bucs is what I believe 

Just watch the line of scrimmage on all of our offensive snaps. The o-line is getting blasted. They aren't opening up running holes as they did in our successful years. Teams get to MR with a 4 man rush. If they blitz more than 4 then it'll be a long game.

8 hours ago, caponine said:

false , saints were pressuring ryan as well as Bengals. Falcons could not run , yall gotta stop with this blind faith bs, always thinking something is alright, OLine sucked the past few weeks. Enough with the d*mn  excuses

Agreed, I hate this ignore the gaping hole because we won Romantic logic. It's so stupid. The Saints and Bengals games couldve easily turned ugly, as they were getting in Ryans face all day. 

red falcon and caponine like this

9 hours ago, JT said:

This message board typically overreacts and I do too at times but all these post about our o line needing to be fixed is odd to me. 

I get it! Last game vs the Steelers the o line was absolutely horrible but prior to that the past 3 games they were good enough to help the offense drop 30 plus points each week....They’ve given Matt Ryan enough time to make big plays plenty so far.

one bad game Vs the Steelers where the team clearly wasn’t expecting so much blitzing all game shouldn’t make us believe this o line can’t get the job done.

and if I’m not mistaking this same o line has been in the top 5 for pff grades the past two years if that means anything to you.

To me...This line seems to get the job done more times than not and I don’t see a reason dimitrioff should invest even more money into the offense side of the ball when 9 times out of 10 they are already good enough.

Instead of worrying about the o line the focus should be on defensive depth next off season. I do not believe the offensive lineman should make any huge changes whatsoever 

We've allowed Ryan to be hit 43 times through 5 games.

That's tied for 30th place in the league with Philadelphia.  Only Houston has allowed more (55).

27 of those 43 hits came in 2 games, against Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.  So the offensive line may not be bad, per se, but they're definitely wildly inconsistent.

Vandy likes this

Oline was horrible versus the Steelers but the coaching staff has a lot of blame too for not adjusting to all of the blitzes.  They should have known it was coming, the one Steelers game I watched they did the exact same thing because they knew they couldn’t just sit back, they’d get picked apart.  It’s actually the same thing I’ve bern saying our defense should be doing.

8 hours ago, osiruz said:

Agreed, I hate this ignore the gaping hole because we won Romantic logic. It's so stupid. The Saints and Bengals games couldve easily turned ugly, as they were getting in Ryans face all day. 

some people on This board DR this team so much even when they are bad and OL is awful

Edited by caponine
Osiruz likes this

Play-calling and screens is one way to address the pass rush and blitzing - and Sark is not doing as well there in adjusting as Kyle Shanahan was.

I agree the OL had a very bad game against the Steelers but over a 16 game schedule they're pretty good. 

However, Levitre is completely done, Schraeder is 30 and may be declining with a $6m salary in 2019, and Mack is about to turn 33 with a $8m salary in 2019. 

The OL will look very different in a year or so. The time for investment is now. 

36 minutes ago, caponine said:

some people on This board DR this team so much even when they are bad and OL is awful

I call it the Ostrich effect, bury your head and pretend there no problems as long as we barely escape with ugly wins. Sooner or later small problems become a deluge of catastrophes and the same tools are shouting there isn't enough help.

caponine likes this

I don't rag on Sarkisian a lot but on Sunday he just got outcoached.  The team just looked like they had never heard of such a thing as the zone blitz and Pitt has been doing it for 35+ years.

And Freeman didn't help, the guy just never completes his blitz pick ups.  He should just run out to the flat on every pass play so at least Ryan can throw the ball at his feet and avoid a sack if he has to. 

Watt was a huge problem.  If they neglected to give help to Watts side, then that’s also not smart.  

We **** the bed that game.  6 sacks, 11 hits & nonstop pressure is about as one sided as it gets.  It was shameful.

I have no idea if DQ shows an angry side & holds these guys accountable behind the scenes, but I bet it WAS NOT PRETTY during this game/film review this week!

I believe Matt Ryan is on pace for the most sacks in his career, and it's not just because of the Steeler game.   The OL is mediocre at best.