Falcons Fan MVP

Will we lose to the Buccaneers on Sunday?

88 posts in this topic

We need the W. If we lose, that’s curtains on 2018, might as well try to stat pad for the offense. 

I’ll be encouraged to see any improvement out of the defense as a whole. They’ve faced 2 HoFers and a red hot bengals offense over the last three weeks so they’ve got that going for them. 

16 minutes ago, Peyton said:

The Bucs are coming off a bye week after playing the worse game I've seen a team play this year. I got a bad feeling they are going to bounce back and play well.

Especially with Jaemis Winston starting too and he's never lost in Atlanta. Can't imagine how well he'll do against our defense :o

23 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Luck REALLY has to come in this direction but I hear you. This just isn’t the same team without Neal, Allen, and Debo. It’s still a talented roster that can win some games. But they just can’t overcome this early hit

Yes. They. Can. :ninja:

WhenFalconsWin likes this

We're gonna win this one. Despite what some say this is a proud team. And when an NFL team TRULY has their backs against the wall, especially at home, they typically respond. 

Pittsburgh played with the urgency last week that we will play with this week. We tried, but couldn't match their intensity.

But barring additional unforseen injury like Ryan, we will get it done Sunday. It'll be close, but we'll do it. It's a lock. Take it to the bank.

1 minute ago, since68andcounting said:

We're gonna win this one. Despite what some say this is a proud team. And when an NFL team TRULY has their backs against the wall, especially at home, they typically respond. 

Pittsburgh played with the urgency last week that we will play with this week. We tried, but couldn't match their intensity.

But barring additional unforseen injury like Ryan, we will get it done Sunday. It'll be close, but we'll do it. It's a lock. Take it to the bank.

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5bbcb7f22f73565473

37 minutes ago, Peyton said:

The Bucs are coming off a bye week after playing the worse game I've seen a team play this year. I got a bad feeling they are going to bounce back and play well.

I am afraid we have become that team that all other struggling teams will use to bounce back, that is the kind of season this is portraying to be. If the Falcons somehow take care of business and we see some marginal improvements on defense, then there will be a little bit of hope. The road uphill is monstrous, a lot of things will have to start going right all of the sudden for things to turn around and have a shot at 9-7. 

9 minutes ago, falcon22 said:

I am afraid we have become that team that all other struggling teams will use to bounce back, that is the kind of season this is portraying to be. If the Falcons somehow take care of business and we see some marginal improvements on defense, then there will be a little bit of hope. The road uphill is monstrous, a lot of things will have to start going right all of the sudden for things to turn around and have a shot at 9-7. 

The defense is so soft now, the Falcons are kind of the cure all for any team that is struggling. They don't look like they could stop anybody.

gkgrimes and falcons007 like this

17 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

It’ll depend on whether MR can breath.

MR can slay anyone when he has even a little time.  

This game will come down to tackling and covering those Bucs receivers. 

16 minutes ago, falcon22 said:

I am afraid we have become that team that all other struggling teams will use to bounce back, 

New fan perhaps? That is in our DNA. We've always been a shot in the arm for struggling teams. Even when we're good, we manage to play down to our opponents. 

Just now, Bunchy Carter said:

New fan perhaps? That is in our DNA. We've always been a shot in the arm for struggling teams. Even when we're good, we manage to play down to our opponents. 

Not a new fan, you are right, we have seen that pattern before interrupted by sporadic seasons of success. It just seems like this year it is working out that we are that team in a magnified way. 

Bunchy Carter likes this

45 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yes. They. Can. :ninja:

Not saying it can't be done. I mean, in 2016, the Packers were 4-6 and fired off 6 wins in a row AND won 2 playoff games. They also had a terrible defense and were decimated with injuries. It was Aaron Rodgers' infamous "I think we can run the table" comment. The question is, can Matt Ryan will this team to the playoffs? He may need to play his best season EVER for this to happen. 

Vandy likes this

How will we lose to the Bucanneers? by playing traditional falcon football. Oline unable to generate any holes, and Defense laying another stinky dook.

8 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Not saying it can't be done. I mean, in 2016, the Packers were 4-6 and fired off 6 wins in a row AND won 2 playoff games. They also had a terrible defense and were decimated with injuries. It was Aaron Rodgers' infamous "I think we can run the table" comment. The question is, can Matt Ryan will this team to the playoffs? He may need to play his best season EVER for this to happen. 

There you go, good post. There's always some glimmer of hope. And even if we don't do that, it will be fascinating to see how this team responds to where they find themselves. .

JD dirtybird21 likes this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

There you go, good post. There's always some glimmer of hope. And even if we don't do that, it will be fascinating to see how this team responds to where they find themselves. .

I think this season is a really a career defining opportunity for both Quinn and Ryan. The team is in crisis mode and has lost key players. Are they going to allow this to be their excuse? Or will they get this team to impose it's will? If Ryan really wants his legacy to be that he belongs in that class of best QB's of all time, this is a big moment for him.

Vandy likes this

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think this season is a really a career defining opportunity for both Quinn and Ryan. The team is in crisis mode and has lost key players. Are they going to allow this to be their excuse? Or will they get this team to impose it's will? If Ryan really wants his legacy to be that he belongs in that class of best QB's of all time, this is a big moment for him.

That's what will be the most fascinating to me JD. All which could pay off for team down the road......