Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GET-ME-A-DB-TD

Kazee a bright spot on a horrible D

72 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, rugger8 said:

When Allen went down, I 'knew' the season was over. It's not his individual play-making ability that defines him, but how he put this defense in a position to succeed.

Kazee could have replaced - well enough - what Neal brings. But Allen is a fantastic 'keeper, and the brains of the defense. When we lost him we went from struggling with some individual match-ups to everything being a disorganized mess.

I agree but Kazee will grow into it.

rugger8 likes this

11 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Let me ask you something. How many pass breakups did Rico have for the past two years? I'm pretty sure that unless your referring to causing a PI call that Rico would've gotten flagged for, he wouldn't have prevented it.

Further proof you have no clue on what actually happens out there. 

stizz, falcons007 and jeffro2000 like this

Just now, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

I agree but Kazee will grow into it.

I don't know whether he's the 'student of the game' that Allen is, but I do think he has the ability and room to grow.

Stryka likes this

Just now, Vandy said:

Further proof you have no clue on what happens out there. 

Oh hey Vandy, I was waiting for you to walk in with your briefcase of negativity.

4 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Let me ask you something. How many pass breakups did Rico have for the past two years? I'm pretty sure that unless your referring to causing a PI call that Rico would've gotten flagged for, he wouldn't have prevented it.

Let me ask you something. How many TD has Rico given up in last two years? Same as Kazee in just last two games. 

Stryka likes this

Just now, rugger8 said:

I don't know whether he's the 'student of the game' that Allen is, but I do think he has the ability and room to grow.

I think he is probably already more physically gifted than Neal or Allen...he'll have to hone the instincts.

Just now, falcons007 said:

Let me ask you something. How many TD has Rico given up in last two years? Same as Kazee in just last two games. 

Is there a stat somewhere for that? 

50 minutes ago, rugger8 said:

When Allen went down, I 'knew' the season was over. It's not his individual play-making ability that defines him, but how he put this defense in a position to succeed.

Kazee could have replaced - well enough - what Neal brings. But Allen is a fantastic 'keeper, and the brains of the defense. When we lost him we went from struggling with some individual match-ups to everything being a disorganized mess.

People have no idea how underrated Allen really is. He is probably the best tackler in the league for his size, and is the best football mind on this team. He was responsible for lining up people right, and also erasing the big play where as Kazee has been Atrocious in that area. IMO Kazee is better suited to NCB.

1 minute ago, rugger8 said:

I am counting on it, he has long way to go though. We can’t have enough starters on this team. 

True Kazee is still learning but can't put all the TDs on him.  Teams have attacked both seams deep so he can only take one side.  There is someone else suppose to carry the seam deep.  The is the communication issues that still occur once Rico went out. The TD on Alford was more on Alford than Kazee. Alford looked like he played bad technique and almost fell down on the deep TD pass. I hope the Falcons learn offensively from the way Pittsburgh put the game away when we started getting momentum.   

#1ATLFALCONSFAN likes this

Kazee is one of only a few players on the defense playing well. He's given up some plays, but he's made his fair share of plays as well. He'll only get better with experience. Rico was much worse then Kazee when he first started at FS.

Edited by #1ATLFALCONSFAN

2 minutes ago, bighurt said:

True Kazee is still learning but can't put all the TDs on him.  Teams have attacked both seams deep so he can only take one side.  There is someone else suppose to carry the seam deep.  The is the communication issues that still occur once Rico went out. The TD on Alford was more on Alford than Kazee. Alford looked like he played bad technique and almost fell down on the deep TD pass. I hope the Falcons learn offensively from the way Pittsburgh put the game away when we started getting momentum.   

Agreed, Alford was beat from the line and people are blaming Kazee lol

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Of course. And watch the games, not box score. 

? It's probably much more difficult to point out a Safety for "giving up" TD's than a corner. I'm pretty sure that Poole and Alford are our issues rt now. Poole has suddenly grown T-Rex arms and can't wrap anybody up and IDK wtf Alford is doing rt now.

bighurt likes this

He is why the seams are so vulnerable again and we are seeing big plays down them.

I agree, he will probably get better, and probably can be a better play maker than Rico, but he is taking some lumps right now. He is doing some good things but just as much bad.

Kazee is still learning and has had his moments of playing well and looking pretty lost out there.  Don't expect too much from him.

42 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Caused them? He's the first one with an INT that wasn't caused by a tip...

Did someone else cause them?

One was tipped by Campbell

Edited by Precyse

27 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

? It's probably much more difficult to point out a Safety for "giving up" TD's than a corner. I'm pretty sure that Poole and Alford are our issues rt now. Poole has suddenly grown T-Rex arms and can't wrap anybody up and IDK wtf Alford is doing rt now.

It isn’t as difficult in zone. People forget how many times Rico made plays last year to tackle players short of converting a third down. He was one of the key to keep Gurley in check against Rams in play offs (Archer talked about it). Bottom line with Rico, Falcons rarely gave up big plays, now it’s terrible.

12 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Quietly Kazee is one of the best years statistically that any DB has on our Roster has had in years. His 3 PD's and 2 Int's is on pace finishing the year with 10/6.... Better than Rico has EVER had and would likely be tops in the league by end of the year. I imagine he will only get better as the year progresses and if that happens, you'll probably never see Rico play another snap as a falcon(unless we keep him as depth). 

Im really excited to see Grady/Debo back and Poole and Kazee progress in their roles.

best lineup would be Kazee at FS, Neal at SS,  and Rico at NB. This coming from someone who didnt see Rico as important as he obviously is now. I dont mind admitting when im wrong.

Vandy likes this

35 minutes ago, Vandy said:

First, he's not a rookie. 

Second, I wasn't saying he's not played well at times. I will even say he has more play-making abilities than Rico has.

But to my 3rd point, I'm also saying he's partly responsible for the defense's confusion in setting up and allowing some big plays that would not have happened if allen had not gotten hurt.  

• He barely played in 2017 so like I said "effectively" a rookie.
  • I agree with your second point though I did not compare him to Rico.
  • Yes he is responsible for a couple of big plays but once again, he's still young, raw trying to take on a big new role with a bunch of other guys who are also new or not playing well.
Vandy likes this

17 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:
  • He barely played in 2017 so like I said "effectively" a rookie.
  • I agree with your second point though I did not compare him to Rico.
  • Yes he is responsible for a couple of big plays but once again, he's still young, raw trying to take on a big new role with a bunch of other guys who are also new or not playing well.

I hear you. Ironically, even with what he showed in preseason, he would still hardly even be playing if not for all the injuries. 

Monolith2001 likes this

20 minutes ago, Joey563 said:

best lineup would be Kazee at FS, Neal at SS,  and Rico at NB. This coming from someone who didnt see Rico as important as he obviously is now. I dont mind admitting when im wrong.

Alot of good folks in here were wrong about Rico. 

1 hour ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

I'm not sure what it is you have a problem with when it comes to a guy constantly doing what he's supposed to do. idk a DB that's ever played that hasn't been called for a PI.