Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GET-ME-A-DB-TD

Kazee a bright spot on a horrible D

72 posts in this topic

Quietly Kazee is one of the best years statistically that any DB has on our Roster has had in years. His 3 PD's and 2 Int's is on pace finishing the year with 10/6.... Better than Rico has EVER had and would likely be tops in the league by end of the year. I imagine he will only get better as the year progresses and if that happens, you'll probably never see Rico play another snap as a falcon(unless we keep him as depth). 

Im really excited to see Grady/Debo back and Poole and Kazee progress in their roles.

2 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

You had me up until poole……….not so sure about him right now….but I love Kazee…….He is struggling to make the defensive calls based on what I have read but his play has been good.  Eliminate the penalties and he can be a stud safety!

I think Poole will be ok once he stop trying to be a corner. Oliver will pull it together but Poole cannot cover while chasing. He has to learn to play overtop and break on the route. Once they gel as a Unit...who knows. Right now our front 7 are absolutely killing us and were constantly dropping into zone so there's no way we can get pressure. 

7 hours ago, lostnmexico said:

we need to change the scheme…..to fit the talent we have now as opposed to the talent we had.

Cover 1 anyone?

9 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Kazee is directly responsible for a number of TDs because he's not getting over soon enough to help over the top.

I can think of 2 just from Sunday's game. The guy might have some INTs but let's not act like he caused them.

Was going to post the same, kazee has cost us TDs Rico would not have allowed. 

rugger8, jeffro2000, sdogg and 6 others like this

50 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Kazee is directly responsible for a number of TDs because he's not getting over soon enough to help over the top.

I can think of 2 just from Sunday's game. The guy might have some INTs but let's not act like he caused them.

But Rico sucks and doesn't make game changing plays... The guy is so versatile and the leader of our secondary. I remember when he played DB last year when we were short due to injuries. He played like a stud.

I really hope Rico can come back from the Achilles injury... Those are the worst.

rugger8 and Malachore like this

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Bingo. I am not sure what some people watch on Sundays. On the JuJu TD Kazee was not even in the same zipcode of where he should have been at. Alford had to completely abandon his assignment just to contest the catch. Every week he costs us at least one TD. 

When Allen went down, I 'knew' the season was over. It's not his individual play-making ability that defines him, but how he put this defense in a position to succeed.

Kazee could have replaced - well enough - what Neal brings. But Allen is a fantastic 'keeper, and the brains of the defense. When we lost him we went from struggling with some individual match-ups to everything being a disorganized mess.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Was going to post the same, kazee has cost us TDs Rico would not have allowed. 

You can say that but he's effectively a rookie thrown into the fire and yes he has potentially given up two touchdowns that Rico may not have but he's also saved a touchdown and gotten the ball back for us when we needed it.  There's plenty of guys giving up stuff and not giving much back in return so I will agree with OP that Kazee has been a bright spot on a D that has been kinda bad. 

Cheap Talk likes this

Kazee got burned on multiple big plays including TD. He is not a bright spot but flashy spot. With experience hopefully he can be consistent and not blow the top off the defense. I still have high hopes for the kid but he is no where near a starter level like Rico. 

Dutty Ole Bird and rugger8 like this

9 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

You can say that but he's effectively a rookie thrown into the fire and yes he has potentially given up two touchdowns that Rico may not have but he's also saved a touchdown and gotten the ball back for us when we needed it.  There's plenty of guys giving up stuff and not giving much back in return so I will agree with OP that Kazee has been a bright spot on a D that has been kinda bad. 

Giving up easy TDs and big plays with one or two flashy plays doesn't make it bright spot. He has long way to go, hopefully when the game slows down, he will be a consistent starter. 

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

Kazee has shown some flashes and he seems to have something about being around the football, so he is going to go through growing pains for sure, but it does look hopeful for him as a future contributor for the team. Other players like Riley and Poole are not showing such flashes and Poole has really been exposed so I am not sure about his future in the team next year. 

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

Caused them? He's the first one with an INT that wasn't caused by a tip...

Did someone else cause them?

Stryka likes this

1 minute ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Caused them? He's the first one with an INT that wasn't caused by a tip...

Did someone else cause them?

You mean the jump ball Ben threw into triple coverage? That one?

37 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Rico 100% would not have allowed either of those TDs on Sunday. Especially the one to JuJu.

RoddyWhite84 likes this

Who was he throwing it too? Brown? Kazee went up and took the ball from him.  Otherwise Brown would've had 3TD's....

But hey let's make sure he knows he sucks...

Stryka likes this

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

Rico 100% would not have allowed either of those TDs on Sunday. Especially the one to JuJu.

Let me ask you something. How many pass breakups did Rico have for the past two years? I'm pretty sure that unless your referring to causing a PI call that Rico would've gotten flagged for, he wouldn't have prevented it.

39 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

First, he's not a rookie. 

Second, I wasn't saying he's not played well at times. I will even say he has more play-making abilities than Rico has.

But to my 3rd point, I'm also saying he's partly responsible for the defense's confusion in setting up and allowing some big plays that would not have happened if allen had not gotten hurt.  

He has been good and bad.

He has been thrust into a starter that he is clearly not ready for and has failed in his deep coverage duties.

On the other hand, he is literally the only DB to have made a play all year. (he also caused the fumble we failed to recover)