Ransack

2018/2019 Braves Offseason Thread

2,164 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Keuchel and Kimbrel both. Phillies refuse to go long term on either.

I say give kimbrel 3 years and Keuchel 5 years.

14 minutes ago, Nereek said:

I say give kimbrel 3 years and Keuchel 5 years.

You want to give 5 years to a pitcher who just turned 31, doesn't throw hard or get many strikeouts, and coming off a year in which he gave up 211 hits in 204 2/3 IP? Holy flap jacks!! Thank God you're not running the Braves!!! There's a reason no one wants to sign Keuchel for anything more than a couple years, it's because he's got Derek Lowe written all over him. Have you forgotten how bad that turned out?

Julio Teheran >>>>>>> Dallas Keuchel

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You want to give 5 years to a pitcher who just turned 31, doesn't throw hard or get many strikeouts, and coming off a year in which he gave up 211 hits in 204 2/3 IP? Holy flap jacks!! Thank God you're not running the Braves!!! There's a reason no one wants to sign Keuchel for anything more than a couple years, it's because he's got Derek Lowe written all over him. Have you forgotten how bad that turned out?

Still too soon man. 

37 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

lmao... Nice joke.

7 minutes ago, Nereek said:

lmao... Nice joke.

It's actually not a joke. Check out the numbers for the last 3 years for both guys.

• Keuchel - 83 G, 83 GS, 3 CG, 1 SHO, 518 1/3 IP, 495 H, 230 R, 217 ER, 53 HR, 153 BB, 422 SO, 3.77 ERA, 1.250 WHIP, 6.9 WAR
  • Teheran - 93 G, 93 GS, 1 CG, 1 SHO, 552 IP, 465 H, 253 R, 238 ER, 79 HR, 197 BB, 480 SO, 3.88 ERA, 1.199 WHIP, 8.1 WAR

So how exactly is Dallas Keuchel an improvement over Julio Teheran?

31 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's actually not a joke. Check out the numbers for the last 3 years for both guys.

• Keuchel - 83 G, 83 GS, 3 CG, 1 SHO, 518 1/3 IP, 495 H, 230 R, 217 ER, 53 HR, 153 BB, 422 SO, 3.77 ERA, 1.250 WHIP, 6.9 WAR
  • Teheran - 93 G, 93 GS, 1 CG, 1 SHO, 552 IP, 465 H, 253 R, 238 ER, 79 HR, 197 BB, 480 SO, 3.88 ERA, 1.199 WHIP, 8.1 WAR

So how exactly is Dallas Keuchel an improvement over Julio Teheran?

Anybody is an improvement over Julio Teheran.

2 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Anybody is an improvement over Julio Teheran.

I love posts like this when the facts are right there in front of your face telling you that you're wrong. But stay true to yourself, no matter how wrong it is.

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I love posts like this when the facts are right there in front of your face telling you that you're wrong. But stay true to yourself, no matter how wrong it is.

If Dallas is that terrible, why does everybody want him in FA?

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I mean he's both right and wrong. Julio is either really good of completely useless, there's rarely an in between. Where some give up 4 or 5 he gives up 7+ and doesn't give his team a chance. 

That's why I'll always trust what I see over stats.

Minter was involved in a fender-bender on Wednesday and thinks it contributed to his shoulder tightening up on the mound Friday. He emphasized that he would have pitched through it if it were a real game.

4 hours ago, Nereek said:

If Dallas is that terrible, why does everybody want him in FA?

Who is this everyone you speak of? Last I checked he was still a free agent because nobody wants to sign him for more than a couple years because they're being smart. But you want to give him 5? That's stupid. Also, there's a reason the Braves kept Julio.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Who is this everyone you speak of? Last I checked he was still a free agent because nobody wants to sign him for more than a couple years because they're being smart. But you want to give him 5? That's stupid. Also, there's a reason the Braves kept Julio.

Fans in general, braves fans, Phillies fans, etc.

30 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Fans in general, braves fans, Phillies fans, etc.

You must talk to different fans than I do because the majority of the Braves fans I talk to on Twitter don't want Dallas Keuchel.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You must talk to different fans than I do because the majority of the Braves fans I talk to on Twitter don't want Dallas Keuchel.

You'll be surprised.

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

https://tomahawktake.com/2019/03/01/now-the-atlanta-braves-can-go-after-dallas-keuchel/

https://www.talkingchop.com/2019/3/1/18245454/atlanta-braves-free-agency-spring-training-dallas-keuchel-mike-foltynewicz-kevin-gausman-pitching

Anyone who thinks Keuchel wouldn't help Atlanta doesn't understand baseball. 

33 minutes ago, jidady said:

On a 1 or 2 year deal I would gladly take Dallas Keuchel. For 5 years? 5 years of Dallas Keuchel is stupid. I'm also not wrong that Julio Teheran is better than Dallas Keuchel. You're a WAR man. Julio's WAR over the past 3 seasons is better than Keuchel's.

32 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

On a 1 or 2 year deal I would gladly take Dallas Keuchel. For 5 years? 5 years of Dallas Keuchel is stupid. I'm also not wrong that Julio Teheran is better than Dallas Keuchel. You're a WAR man. Julio's WAR over the past 3 seasons is better than Keuchel's.

I'm also a FIP guy, which is why I rolled my eyes at your post yesterday. Keuchel's three FIPs are 3.87, 3.79, and 3.69. Julio's are 3.69, 4.95, and 4.83. Those last two numbers are dreadful. Keuchel's not just a little better than Julio. The difference is dramatic. And then there's that huge teaching void left by Sanchez that we have specifically chosen not to fill. 

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

I'm also a FIP guy, which is why I rolled my eyes at your post yesterday. Keuchel's three FIPs are 3.87, 3.79, and 3.69. Julio's are 3.69, 4.95, and 4.83. Those last two numbers are dreadful. Keuchel's not just a little better than Julio. The difference is dramatic. And then there's that huge teaching void left by Sanchez that we have specifically chosen not to fill. 

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that. Give me Julio over Keuchel any day.

Just now, Malachore said:

Julio also has walk 51 more batters than Keuchel the last 2 season. 

With a whole lot more strikeouts!! But yes, walks is main issue with Julio. I don't see how folks can say he's so bad when he just broke a record set by Greg Maddux. You break a Greg Maddux record and you've done something pretty **** amazing!!

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

With a whole lot more strikeouts!! But yes, walks is main issue with Julio. I don't see how folks can say he's so bad when he just broke a record set by Greg Maddux. You break a Greg Maddux record and you've done something pretty **** amazing!!

I've stated many times my problem with Julio via rage induced posts in game threads. :lol:

I also stated it more calmly above in your post I quoted. 

He broke that record and still had a near 4 era.

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

idk about a whole lot more (35).

4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

idk about a whole lot more (35).

Dallas Keuchel's K/9 for 2018 was 6.7. Julio Teheran's K/9 for 2018 was 8.3. Outside of Keuchel's Cy Young season of 2015, he has never gotten many strikeouts.