Ransack

2018/2019 Braves Offseason Thread

2,164 posts in this topic

There's still plenty of dudes out there that can make the team better, hopefully we bring 1-2 more guys in. I'd love to get a guy where Folty can be one of the top 2's or a 1A; 1B situation (how I'd view Kuechel and Folty)

5 hours ago, Dawggone said:

When did he say that?

He didn't officially stated it I dont think, but I have seen this happen before... Falcons for example.

On 2/17/2019 at 7:11 PM, Malachore said:

Please explain how I was being that. So irrational to say I'd like another vet on the team? You're passive aggressive in most of your posts, including the initial one I quoted.

The irony is you're the one acting that way, offering nothing to a conversation other than "root for the Yankees". Did I threaten you or tell you to root for another team? Nah, I didn't. At least know what a "keyboard warrior" is before branding someone with it. :shrug:

My initial post that you quoted was a lot of sarcasm with a touch of truth.  The truth part being about Kimbrel and his early struggles and that we should give our young guys a chance to develop instead of backing up the Brinks truck to Kimbrel.  You could have kept scrolling just as easily as quoting it.  The irrational part is that your comments, to me anyway, come across as brash, irrational, and that your opinion is the correct one.  My "Root for the Yankee's" comment was meant as a joke, hence the emoji at the end, but it clearly wasn't taken that way.

As for adding to the conversation, I've added comments previously about the Markakis deal, that I'd love to pry away Castellanos from Detroit, and a few other opinions here and there.  I just don't frequent the boards or post nearly as much as I used to so I haven't added the quantity of comments that others have. 

Liberty Media released final numbers from 2018. Braves revenue was $442M, a 69% increase from Turner Fields final season and 15% up from 2017. The biggest change was the real estate development around SunTrust which generated $38M alone. In the end the Braves profited $88M for the 2018 year.

18 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

"Gotta pay down those loans!"

Yep, debt decreased from $626M to $494M. They will increase the debt though for phase 2 of The Battery development. 

Corporate America at its finest! A videogame company recently did layoffs at the exact same moment they were bragging about record profits during a stock report. 

Malachore likes this

I do wonder what the braves are going to do/say if they're not as good as they hope(competing for the east)

Sorry guys? Wed rather have a ton of cash?

I really don't know how much leeway with the fans financial flexibility will buy them. 

5 minutes ago, WOR said:

I do wonder what the braves are going to do/say if they're not as good as they hope(competing for the east)

I really don't know how much leeway with the fans financial flexibility will buy them. 

No it will be the old "we have faith in our young guys to rise to the challenge. We are looking to 2020 and beyond".

Mark Bowman reported earlier the Braves are considering Keuchel now. Not because of Harper but because of the injury issues hitting the pitching. 

1 hour ago, WOR said:

"Thanks for the money, suckas! Cobb County rulez!

Malachore likes this

4 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Mark Bowman reported earlier the Braves are considering Keuchel now. Not because of Harper but because of the injury issues hitting the pitching. 

He actually said the opposite, it was just a very poorly constructed tweet. Basically said, "the injuries have not forced the Braves to now consider Keuchel."

Unknøwn likes this

Related, based on comments from Braves beat writers, it seems like the Braves are least worried about Soroka and most worried about Folty, who may not be ready on opening day.

My concern is that when these crops up in February, they are like 30/70 to show up again during the year. With three guys, those odds get worrisome.

21 minutes ago, jidady said:

Related, based on comments from Braves beat writers, it seems like the Braves are least worried about Soroka and most worried about Folty, who may not be ready on opening day.

My concern is that when these crops up in February, they are like 30/70 to show up again during the year. With three guys, those odds get worrisome.

The concern for Foltynewicz is also probably because he's a bigger part of their plans. Until I hear "forearm tightness", I'm not losing sleep. Early spring soreness is as predictable as... I dunno, something super predictable.

48 minutes ago, K26dp said:

The concern for Foltynewicz is also probably because he's a bigger part of their plans. Until I hear "forearm tightness", I'm not losing sleep. Early spring soreness is as predictable as... I dunno, something super predictable.

Exactly. Early soreness, especially from pitchers, is normal. The only red flag that happens is the dreaded "forearm tightness" deal and then panic kicks. I've never heard of "forearm tightness" that didn't eventually end up as "Tommy John surgery."

Dallas will end up with Phillies, same with kimbrel. Aa and liberty can **** off if that happens.

7 hours ago, Nereek said:

Dallas will end up with Phillies, same with kimbrel. Aa and liberty can **** off if that happens.

Might as well cancel the season. 

7 hours ago, Nereek said:

Reports are actually that Philly will only give him a 1 year deal and hes not interested. 

47 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Reports are actually that Philly will only give him a 1 year deal and hes not interested. 

Which player? I'm assuming kimbrel?

2 hours ago, Nereek said:

Which player? I'm assuming kimbrel?

Keuchel and Kimbrel both. Phillies refuse to go long term on either.