Ransack

2018/2019 Braves Offseason Thread

2,164 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Dude’s like that never really stick around. They come and go. We’ll spring for some Yankee’s gear for you though when the inevitable in game explosion occurs. I’ll take Cubs gear when my meltdown surfaces. Growing up it was Braves first followed by the Cubs on WGN lol. Got me through some doldrums during those long summer breaks as a kid. 

I would have honestly rather him called me a piece of ****. :lol:

Black Francis and jidady like this

Apparently the Braves made a 3Y/90M offer for Machado at some point this offseason, though they have reportedly taken it off the table now.

EDIT: I'm a moron.

Edited by K26dp
falconsd56 likes this

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

Apparently the Braves made a 3Y/30M offer for Machado at some point this offseason, though they have reportedly taken it off the table now.

LOL!!!! I don't have enough laughes at how ridiculously silly that offer is if true!!

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

Apparently the Braves made a 3Y/30M offer for Machado at some point this offseason, though they have reportedly taken it off the table now.

Highly doubt that

On 2/17/2019 at 3:36 PM, mookie3127 said:

Couple of things that I'd like to add...

Last night, the family and I went out to eat.  We were halfway finished when the table behind us was occupied by a family.  A college age kid was talking to his dad (who was wearing baseball attire for a local college) about the Kimbrel situation.  The youngster stated that if we didn't sign Kimbrel, the season was lost and Snitker would be fired by May 1st.  The dad chuckled/laughed....you know, the typical "You really need to stop talking our of your *** " dad chuckle/laugh.  It reminded me of checking in on the boards and saved me from having to do so last night.

Second thing since we're talking about Kimbrel and the bullpen.  Anyone else remember when Kimbrel first came up and couldn't escape a full inning without walking at least 1-2 batters?  I do.  I even remember if he walked 1 batter, it was a great outing!  And yet there are some that, by the way don't understand why he's not already in spring training, don't want to give our young arms the opportunity to develop like we did Kimbrel.

2010!! I call it the great escape. 8th inning against the Royals. He walked the bases loaded with nobody out. He then got 2 strikeouts and an infield pop out to get out of it and keep the game tied at 5. Then Troy Glaus launched one in the bottom of the 9th for the 6-5 win.

8 hours ago, K26dp said:

3 years/90 million?? Surely they didnt think he would take 10 per. Im not sure why they thought he would take 3 yrs unless it was just to win.

11 hours ago, K26dp said:

Did you mean 3/90?

Edit: Yeah 3/90

6 hours ago, Dawggone said:

3 years/90 million?? Surely they didnt think he would take 10 per. Im not sure why they thought he would take 3 yrs unless it was just to win.

Sorry, my bad. It's 3/90.

13 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Now I can see Harper end back up with nationals or phillies, kimbrel ends up with Phillies. 

With each passing day I get a stronger and stronger feeling that Kid-K ends up back with the Braves.

falconsd56 likes this

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

With each passing day I get a stronger and stronger feeling that Kid-K ends up back with the Braves.

I think AA lost the company checkbook and he's afraid to tell them.

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

If kimbrel returns, that would be great.

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Same here.....I am almost expecting it.....which means I probably will be disappointed

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Same here.....I am almost expecting it.....which means I probably will be disappointed

Yep. His asking price has to be dropping a little bit with each passing day which increases the chance that it finally drops low enough to where the Braves become in play. Plus there's all the other non-money reasons he would want to sign with the Braves.

falconsd56 likes this

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Yep. His asking price has to be dropping a little bit with each passing day which increases the chance that it finally drops low enough to where the Braves become in play. Plus there's all the other non-money reasons he would want to sign with the Braves.

Yup.

Hopefully the  old proverbial saying of home is where your heart is ...outweighs home is were the bank is.

If the Braves can snag him then the back end of the bullpen with Minter,Viz and Kimbrel has the potential to be strait nasty.

Falconsfan567 likes this

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Yup.

Hopefully the  old proverbial saying of home is where your heart is ...outweighs home is were the bank is.

If the Braves can snag him then the back end of the bullpen with Minter,Viz and Kimbrel has the potential to be strait nasty.

It would have a chance at being better than O'Ventral!!

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It would have a chance at being better than O'Ventral!!

"Sit down....Shut Up....Go  Home"

27 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

22 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Malachore likes this

Just now, K26dp said:

Oh i know...i am fully prepared to see him sign somewhere else.

5 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I don't have my hopes up that it will happen. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised now to see it happen. It's completely different than the way I felt about his possibility of ending up here back in November.

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't have my hopes up that it will happen. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised now to see it happen. It's completely different than the way I felt about his possibility of ending up here back in November.

Braves are done I believe. I wanted kimbrel back, but AA probably thinking "well since we made playoffs, I'll just add one bat and bring back McCann and we're going to the world series!"

25 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Braves are done I believe. I wanted kimbrel back, but AA probably thinking "well since we made playoffs, I'll just add one bat and bring back McCann and we're going to the world series!"

When did he say that?