Ransack

2018/2019 Braves Offseason Thread

2,164 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I'm fine with giving them time to develop. 

I'm not fine with giving 70% of the bullpen that time.

Root for the Yankee's then?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Malachore said:

What a stupid ******* response.

They have a fantastic bullpen though.  I thought that's what you wanted.  Makes sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mookie3127 said:

They have a fantastic bullpen though.  I thought that's what you wanted.  Makes sense to me.

Guess you say that a lot to people then considering everyone ITT has said something they'd like to improve. 

Another stupid ******* response. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Guess you say that a lot to people then considering everyone ITT has said something they'd like to improve. 

Another stupid ******* response. :rolleyes:

There's plenty that I'd like to see this team improve, like others.  I just go about it in a rational way instead of being a keyboard warrior.  :tiphat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mookie3127 said:

There's plenty that I'd like to see this team improve, like others.  I just go about it in a rational way instead of being a keyboard warrior.  :tiphat:

Please explain how I was being that. So irrational to say I'd like another vet on the team? You're passive aggressive in most of your posts, including the initial one I quoted.

The irony is you're the one acting that way, offering nothing to a conversation other than "root for the Yankees". Did I threaten you or tell you to root for another team? Nah, I didn't. At least know what a "keyboard warrior" is before branding someone with it. :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

Man this forum is wildin' out. Is there a forum where we talk about serious baseball?

We do it here until someone decides to be a twat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Y'all just wait. We are about to be so tired of winning that we won't want to win anymore

Been arguing with idiots on Twitter tonight drooling all over the Phillies!! One said if they sign Harper the Phillies are going to the World Series. What idiots!! Also called me stupid for saying that the Braves pitching is better than the Phillies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 2:33 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

So the Braves aren't trying because they're not throwing around money like crazy?

 

No one said they aren't trying. What they haven't done enough this offseason is succeed. Management clearly stated where our needs are. They have yet to address all of those needs. Even by their own criteria, they haven't gotten the job done. 

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mookie3127 said:

Anyone else remember when Kimbrel first came up and couldn't escape a full inning without walking at least 1-2 batters?  I do.  I even remember if he walked 1 batter, it was a great outing!  And yet there are some that, by the way don't understand why he's not already in spring training, don't want to give our young arms the opportunity to develop like we did Kimbrel.

1

This anecdote underscores what concerns me the most. Every staff needs leaders in the rotation and the bullpen, veterans who can teach kids how to harness their potential. Billy Wagner was invaluable to the career of Kimbrel. Anibal Sanchez was one of our team MVPs last year. We brought back Markakis and added Mac and Donaldson to be those guys on offense. On the pitching staff, we don't have that guy in the rotation. I don't know enough about O'Day as a baseball mind or person to say that he's that kind of person in the bullpen. If he's not, we have a leadership void across our staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Well... baseball season's about here...

You guys are in midseason form. 

Brian Snitker should be fired!

Out of a cannon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jidady said:

This anecdote underscores what concerns me the most. Every staff needs leaders in the rotation and the bullpen, veterans who can teach kids how to harness their potential. Billy Wagner was invaluable to the career of Kimbrel. Anibal Sanchez was one of our team MVPs last year. We brought back Markakis and added Mac and Donaldson to be those guys on offense. On the pitching staff, we don't have that guy in the rotation. I don't know enough about O'Day as a baseball mind or person to say that he's that kind of person in the bullpen. If he's not, we have a leadership void across our staff.

You said it better than me but that's my problem with this bullpen.

Yet I was told to root for the Yankees. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you sign Craig Kimbrel for 3 years at $50M? I'd do it and not think twice about it!! Sure is a lot for a closer for a team with the Braves budget restraints, but I'd do it in a heartbeat because he would improve the entire team that much!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Would you sign Craig Kimbrel for 3 years at $50M? I'd do it and not think twice about it!! Sure is a lot for a closer for a team with the Braves budget restraints, but I'd do it in a heartbeat because he would improve the entire team that much!!

I agree but...

17 hours ago, mookie3127 said:

Root for the Yankee's then?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I agree but...

Yeah, that was a little uncalled for.

I understand your concern with the bullpen, I really do and you're not wrong. I'm just more optimistic that the young kids can make up the difference.

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Would you sign Craig Kimbrel for 3 years at $50M? I'd do it and not think twice about it!! Sure is a lot for a closer for a team with the Braves budget restraints, but I'd do it in a heartbeat because he would improve the entire team that much!!

I wouldn't, because spending big on 60 inning guys is a sucker play unless you are a team like the Red Sox, who is the team that should sign him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I wouldn't, because spending big on 60 inning guys is a sucker play unless you are a team like the Red Sox, who is the team that should sign him.

I say if you've got the money to spend and it greatly enhances the team then do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Malachore said:

I agree but...

 

Dude’s like that never really stick around. They come and go. We’ll spring for some Yankee’s gear for you though when the inevitable in game explosion occurs. I’ll take Cubs gear when my meltdown surfaces. Growing up it was Braves first followed by the Cubs on WGN lol. Got me through some doldrums during those long summer breaks as a kid. 

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I say if you've got the money to spend and it greatly enhances the team then do it.

That's the kicker, I don't think it greatly enhances the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, K26dp said:

That's the kicker, I don't think it greatly enhances the team.

I don't see how you don't. But we'll agree to disagree on that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now