Ransack

2018/2019 Braves Offseason Thread

2,164 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

So this offseason would be worse than when Coppy blew up the entire roster?

I think some people's only legitimate reason to post sometimes is to complain..

Personally, I trust the one's making decisions.. There's a reason they're where they are..

14 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

So this offseason would be worse than when Coppy blew up the entire roster?

The team he blew up was not good, it was the most flawed lineup in braves history. Sure I would have liked to have kept J upton, Kimbrel, and Simmons but other than that that team needed a tear down. Simmons was all glove, and paying J Upton and Kimbrel didn't make sense. That team was so far away from a contender. 

This team with a few moves could have been the favorite in the NL, now we are probably 3rd in our own division. So ya, this is way worse than that offseason. Plus Coppy replenished the farm

3 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Personally, I trust the one's making decisions.. There's a reason they're where they are..

Everyone says that until they get fired

Malachore likes this

8 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Avoiding the first part.... 

The "ones making decisions" gave us Touki for Phillip Gosselin. 

And #1 pick Dansby/Ender for Shelby Miller. 

:shrug:

3 minutes ago, WOR said:

You mean to tell me that they also did stuff right at times?

Blasphemy!

I just think that this same rhetoric that believes the offseason is over, and that keeps showing up any time someone is plucked, is overplayed..

Edited by TheTrue7

6 minutes ago, WOR said:

Lol Coppy traded Miller..nice inpute

5 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

You mean to tell me that they also did stuff right at times?

Blasphemy!

I just think that this same rhetoric that believes the offseason is over, and that keeps showing up any time someone is plucked, is overplayed..

Lol Coppy traded Miller, you guys should hold hands and stand in the corner

17 minutes ago, WOR said:

What're you talking about? Lol

I was ****ting on the Dbacks GM 

"one's making decisions" for me was referring to the ATL front office..

53 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves were willing to part with Riley and anyone else but Jeter got greedy.

Jeter was right. The Phillies made the better deal.

8 hours ago, Malachore said:

I'm not saying the braves should have gave up all that for JTR but this off season has really sucked.

That's fair. If the Braves actually don't do something else to boost the roster before Opening Day, it can't be seen as a missed opportunity, especially in this free agent market. 

Malachore likes this

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Marlins reportedly wanted Riley, Pache and one of Wright, Wilson or Anderson 

I honestly don't believe that was the initial asking price from them I believe AA held out too long and the phillies came in and overpaid. 

And that the final thing being reported is what it was going to take to beat the phillies.

15 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I honestly don't believe that was the initial asking price from them I believe AA held out too long and the phillies came in and overpaid. 

And that the final thing being reported is what it was going to take to beat the phillies.

I believe it was. We heard from the start a team in the East would have to pay more. We also heard many times the Braves would trade anyone but not everyone. We got reports the Braves balked at the quantity. 

3 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I believe it was. We heard from the start a team in the East would have to pay more. We also heard many times the Braves would trade anyone but not everyone. We got reports the Braves balked at the quantity. 

We were hearing for weeks it was Anderson/Riley and another prospect. Now they wanted BOTH, Pache and another prospect but they were willing to take Alfaro and a pitcher who cant stay healthy from Philly?

They wanted our top pitching and both top positional prospects from us but went with Philly?

54 minutes ago, Malachore said:

We were hearing for weeks it was Anderson/Riley and another prospect. Now they wanted BOTH, Pache and another prospect but they were willing to take Alfaro and a pitcher who cant stay healthy from Philly?

They wanted our top pitching and both top positional prospects from us but went with Philly?

Sixto has injury concerns but let's not forget where hes values. Hes considered one of the best prospects in MLB. Regardless of how we feel that's how hes valued. Even folks in Philly didnt want it.

https://www.thegoodphight.com/2019/2/7/18214492/sixto-sanchez-should-not-be-part-of-any-j-t-realmuto-trade-phillies-marlins-hot-stove

23 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Sixto has injury concerns but let's not forget where hes values. Hes considered one of the best prospects in MLB. Regardless of how we feel that's how hes valued. Even folks in Philly didnt want it.

https://www.thegoodphight.com/2019/2/7/18214492/sixto-sanchez-should-not-be-part-of-any-j-t-realmuto-trade-phillies-marlins-hot-stove

idk guess Jeter is just dumber than I thought.

Not trusting a guy under 6 feet who throws 100 mph to stay healthy.

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

And he may not but his stuff can allow him to be a true #1. That's what matters with prospects. His ceiling is very high. His floor is probably a top late inning RP if he can't stay healthy. 

29 minutes ago, Malachore said:

FWIW, this is the same reason why people criticized drafting Billy Wagner in the first round.

K26dp likes this

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

I absolutely believe that was the asking price. That's not the same as what they would have taken, but it's the type of request that would cause Atlanta to believe that the asking price is too high.

Malachore likes this

1 hour ago, jidady said:

FWIW, this is the same reason why people criticized drafting Billy Wagner in the first round.

Was Wagner drafted to be a starter? Honest question, I have no idea.