Ransack

2018/2019 Braves Offseason Thread

2,164 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Would be nice to negotiate before a deal but Miami wont allow it.

Send some lower tier prospects if they wanna be like that 

53 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Sounds like SD is the front runner anyways

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

I thought it was reported it was Realmuto that didn't want to do it.

24 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I thought it was reported it was Realmuto that didn't want to do it.

Miami media said Jeter denied all request to speak with Realmuto.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Last report said theres no clear front runner at the time.

From what I understand, Braves have the clear best offer on the table. Miami is trying to get another team to offer as good a package because if everything equal, they'd rather trade outside the division. 

7 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Buster Olney is predicting Houston to beat the Braves in the 2019 World 

17 minutes ago, K26dp said:

From what I understand, Braves have the clear best offer on the table. Miami is trying to get another team to offer as good a package because if everything equal, they'd rather trade outside the division. 

He's going to SD..just watch 

5 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Not a WS

All depends on the pitching. Braves had a top 10 offense in MLB last year. They've now added Donaldson. I'm not worried about scoring runs.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

All depends on the pitching. Braves had a top 10 offense in MLB last year. They've now added Donaldson. I'm not worried about scoring runs.

I am..that offense struggled at the end and in the playoffs. Once our 2 out magic went away, so did our offense

2 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

I am..that offense struggled at the end and in the playoffs. Once our 2 out magic went away, so did our offense

Which is why Anthopolous has emphasized depth and that the Braves will rest people a lot more. They all wore down last year. One reason for adding Donaldson was so Camargo can help Culberson rest people. They both can play everywhere except C and CF. Acuna gives Ender his days off.

7 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

I mean, we were also facing one of the best staffs in baseball that has tons of playoff experience...

The offense can be better, but let's not nitpick the playoffs too much 

18 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Buster Olney is predicting Houston to beat the Braves in the 2019 World 

Lol.... not with liberty as our owners.

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

I mean, we were also facing one of the best staffs in baseball that has tons of playoff experience...

The offense can be better, but let's not nitpick the playoffs too much 

It wasn't just LAD, we were below .500 against teams not in the division. 

TRUju2111 likes this

4 hours ago, Malachore said:

It wasn't just LAD, we were below .500 against teams not in the division. 

People keep citing that, but aren't really providing any analysis to it. Atlanta was 31-28 against NL teams not named the Dodgers and were 35-30 against teams over .500 that weren't Boston or LA. Yes, it is true they struggled against the elite teams in baseball, but they were also 6th among the 10 youngest teams in baseball at 26.6 years of age (only .1 away from being tied for 3rd) and found themselves as only one of two teams in that top 10 to have winning records both at home and away. They also posted the 3rd highest RD in the NL, despite their struggles offensively towards the close of the year.  

Yes, BOS and LA are two teams that the Braves should be striving to catch, but those were two of the elite teams in baseball (BOS all year, LAD late) for 2018 and with the present youth, it's no surprise they didn't play well against them. 

56 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

People keep citing that, but aren't really providing any analysis to it. Atlanta was 31-28 against NL teams not named the Dodgers and were 35-30 against teams over .500 that weren't Boston or LA. Yes, it is true they struggled against the elite teams in baseball, but they were also 6th among the 10 youngest teams in baseball at 26.6 years of age (only .1 away from being tied for 3rd) and found themselves as only one of two teams in that top 10 to have winning records both at home and away. They also posted the 3rd highest RD in the NL, despite their struggles offensively towards the close of the year.  

Yes, BOS and LA are two teams that the Braves should be striving to catch, but those were two of the elite teams in baseball (BOS all year, LAD late) for 2018 and with the present youth, it's no surprise they didn't play well against them. 

Did not know these stats, but it's interesting. Pretty much we sucked against the two best teams in baseball like virtually everyone did lol. 

Hopefully we make at least another move though. I think Harper is a pipe dream at this point though 

1 hour ago, ATLBrave said:

Not to mention it was not just the offense.....the braves bullpen gave up late leads more than a few times.

2 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

I love it when common sense finally rears it's head on this message board when the negative train is going full steam.

8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I love it when common sense finally rears it's head on this message board when the negative train is going full steam.

Bro I'm fairly certain you brought up their record outside the East just last week.

On 1/22/2019 at 3:37 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

Re-signing Nick Markakis is the biggest disappointment since Craig Kimbrel was traded. This absolutely sucks! 2018 was such a fluke!! Now we get to go out there and see Markakis go back to being a 1 WAR player in 2019 and regret that they were so cheap when they had money to burn

On 1/22/2019 at 3:38 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

But he won't. Nick Markakis will start 155 games for the Braves in 2019. I would bet my life on it!! This absolutely ******* sucks!!! There is no justification for the Braves having all this money to spend and not getting an upgrade in the outfield.

On 1/22/2019 at 5:54 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

The Braves are one Josh Donaldson injury from having the exact same offense they ran out there last year against the Dodgers that was 1 Ronald Acuna Grand Slam away from scoring a grand total of 4 runs in 4 games. Seriously, I have no idea how anyone can be "happy" right now.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:38 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm not just talking about the division, and the Nationals are the only team that could be ahead of the Braves in division as things currently stand. I was talking about the NL as a whole has gotten much better and the Braves haven't. I'm not good with only making the playoffs again just to lose in the NLDS yet again. But as of right now if the Braves had to face say the Dodgers, Cubs or Nationals in the NLDS, I don't see the Braves winning any of those series.

8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm just going to pretend you haven't basically said the same thing.

I hardly consider me stating their record outside the East being negative especially when it's correct. 

13 hours ago, Malachore said:

Come on.

Do something. :(

Braves are more likely done already. All the recent rumors are mostly bs.