Ransack

2018/2019 Braves Offseason Thread

2,164 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, K26dp said:

WHY IS HEYWARD BUNTING!!??!?!

Sorry, bringing back an old classic.

Heyward never lived up to the hype didn't he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Heyward never lived up to the hype didn't he?

That should be "did he?" You made a double-negative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, K26dp said:

That should be "did he?" You made a double-negative. 

A simple yes or no would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Heyward never lived up to the hype didn't he?

I mean the guy was supposed to be what Stanton is now but with great defense and more speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is in the best shape of his career....ooohhhh, they injury really looked bad. I hope he is ok after all that work he put in .......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heyward's career WAR is 34.9.

Stanton's career WAR is 39.2.

They're both having outstanding careers. For perspective, Harold Baines just got in the Hall of Fame with 38.7 WAR over 22 seasons. Heyward and Stanton have 18 seasons between them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jidady said:

Heyward's career WAR is 34.9.

Stanton's career WAR is 39.2.

They're both having outstanding careers. For perspective, Harold Baines just got in the Hall of Fame with 38.7 WAR over 22 seasons. Heyward and Stanton have 18 seasons between them.

I'd like to see the splits between OWAR and DWAR. Heyward's defense has to be the only thing keeping him in the conversation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ransack said:

I'd like to see the splits between OWAR and DWAR. Heyward's defense has to be the only thing keeping him in the conversation. 

Same can be said of Stanton's Offense boosting his WAR to an even greater extreme.

Heyward Splits:

Year  oWAR  dWAR

2010    4.9    1.0
2011    0.8    0.6
2012    3.5    1.3
2013    2.0    1.2
2014    3.0    2.2
2015    4.0    2.0
2016    -0.6    1.4
2017    0.5    1.4
2018    1.1    0.1

Totals  19.1  11.1

Stanton Splits:

Year  oWAR  dWAR

2010    1.4    1.0
2011    3.7    -0.3
2012    4.3    0.5
2013    3.3    -1.3
2014    6.0    -0.1
2015    2.8    0.6
2016    2.2    -0.1
2017    6.6    0.4
2018    3.4    -0.4

Totals  33.7   0.3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jidady said:

Heyward's career WAR is 34.9.

Stanton's career WAR is 39.2.

They're both having outstanding careers. For perspective, Harold Baines just got in the Hall of Fame with 38.7 WAR over 22 seasons. Heyward and Stanton have 18 seasons between them.

Heyward's has been pretty pedestrian for 3 years now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Malachore said:

Pretty sure he wasn't very good in the 2 hole either and he had the best batter on the team hitting behind him.

But basically what you are saying is he's really only good when he can just sit on a fastball. 

Nope. He can hit sliders too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, K26dp said:

That should be "did he?" You made a double-negative. 

And as anyone from the mathematical world knows, two negatives makes a positive.

K26dp likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

If I see Brian Snitker bring in Sam Freeman with runners on base one more time Imma gonna scream!!

Our stubborn refusal to trade Sam Freeman this offseason bothers me more than our failure to acquire Corey Kluber. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jidady said:

Our stubborn refusal to trade Sam Freeman this offseason bothers me more than our failure to acquire Corey Kluber. 

We are all hoping he either finds his play from '17, or is cut this spring.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jidady said:

Our stubborn refusal to trade Sam Freeman this offseason bothers me more than our failure to acquire Corey Kluber. 

I don't know why you would be bothered by either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I don't know why you would be bothered by either.

(Not a serious post. Well, the Kluber part might be.)

K26dp likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realmuto talks are reportedly in the "advanced stages" and the Braves are one of 4 still in. I know a couple of teams have talked about sending a catcher back so I'm sure Flowers would go to Miami to fill their need. That would just be a toss in of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Realmuto talks are reportedly in the "advanced stages" and the Braves are one of 4 still in. I know a couple of teams have talked about sending a catcher back so I'm sure Flowers would go to Miami to fill their need. That would just be a toss in of course.

Gulp! Excites me but also scares me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Won't get my hopes up. Hoping it's not one of our blue chip prospects - he's only under contract one more year. 

I'm sure we are looking to resign him even with Contreras in the pipeline. You need 2 catchers nowadays. 

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Malachore said:

I'm sure we are looking to resign him even with Contreras in the pipeline. You need 2 catchers nowadays. 

Yep, would be nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now