Ransack

2018/2019 Braves Offseason Thread

2,164 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The 2014 team was the exact same team from 2013 except for McCann and Hudson. Had the 2014 team not bombed then maybe the thought of ripping it apart and rebuilding never even happens. But when the team tanked it was pretty easy to look and see that the future was pretty bleak unless something major was done. Thus the rebuild, which it took only 4 years to return to the playoffs. That's pretty d@mn remarkable.

Not if they don't make it this year, jmo.

And we are still being told to wait just like at the deadline.

1 hour ago, maorifalcon said:

Entering his what 4th season as a professional i'm all good, he will work it out. These injuries have hampered him over the past 2 seasons 

Those 'injuries' ain't the reason his eyes don't seem to work.

2 hours ago, maorifalcon said:

Entering his what 4th season as a professional i'm all good, he will work it out. These injuries have hampered him over the past 2 seasons 

Is who he is.. after three seasons? Two of which  have been hampered by injuries.. yea.. ok..

31 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Those 'injuries' ain't the reason his eyes don't seem to work.

WTF? Sometimes I swear you say **** just to say it regardless of if it makes a lick of sense or not.

34 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Not if they don't make it this year, jmo.

And we are still being told to wait just like at the deadline.

Astros made the playoffs in 2015, missed the playoffs in 2016 and then won the world series in 2017. Those were years 5, 6 and 7 for the Astros. 2019 is only year 5 for the Braves coming off making the playoffs. So yes, still pretty d@mn remarkable given the massive amount of change the Braves endured.

JDFIII and Dawggone like this

15 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Is who he is.. after three seasons? Two of which  have been hampered by injuries.. yea.. ok..

Even with the wrist injury last year he played a major role in the Braves winning games. He hit .285/.371/.492 (.863) with runners on base last year. He hit only .207/.254/.330 (.584) with the bases empty last year. I fully absolutely 150% believe his struggles with the bases empty is a direct result of batting 8th and if he got put into a better spot in the order (6th) he would do better overall.

10 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

WTF? Sometimes I swear you say **** just to say it regardless of if it makes a lick of sense or not.

Nah, kid can't lay off the slider and constantly has the worst ABs on a team that bats the pitcher.

Don't tell me you don't see it.

11 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Nah, kid can't lay off the slider and constantly has the worst ABs on a team that bats the pitcher.

Don't tell me you don't see it.

17 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Even with the wrist injury last year he played a major role in the Braves winning games. He hit .285/.371/.492 (.863) with runners on base last year. He hit only .207/.254/.330 (.584) with the bases empty last year. I fully absolutely 150% believe his struggles with the bases empty is a direct result of batting 8th and if he got put into a better spot in the order (6th) he would do better overall.

26 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Pretty sure he wasn't very good in the 2 hole either and he had the best batter on the team hitting behind him.

But basically what you are saying is he's really only good when he can just sit on a fastball. 

6 hours ago, maorifalcon said:

Stooopid

Unfortunately, the only way we are getting Machado is by giving up an MLB ready bat. Dansby fits the bills, but he would only be gone if we got a better option (ie Machado)

1 hour ago, Nereek said:

Harper still hasn't joined phillies? What give?

It was a fake report. He could still sign there, but the report yesterday was from a fake twitter account. 

14 hours ago, Malachore said:

We've checked in on him so not sure why the thought is stupid. Not too mention everything we are talking about is hypothetical anyway.

Bottom line though, just tired of Dansby.

I wasn’t even referring to Dansby just the Machado narrative. Seems outlandish that we’d even be discussing the possibility of him coming here. 

26 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I wasn’t even referring to Dansby just the Machado narrative. Seems outlandish that we’d even be discussing the possibility of him coming here. 

I get it, just think the talk was based around the report we've been in contact.

I mean I'd rather Manny/JT than Dansby/JT and losing Ender or Pache.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I get it, just think the talk was based around the report we've been in contact.

I mean I'd rather Manny/JT than Dansby/JT and losing Ender or Pache.

One can dream. 

Malachore likes this