Ransack

2018/2019 Braves Offseason Thread

2,164 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Miami was the team that had the bigger money offer to Markakis.

So only 1 other team wanted him and it was the worst team in baseball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Who? Harper? Kimbrel? Interesting. 

Harper, Kimbrel, Keuchel, and Machado I would assume. We don't really have a place for Machado (unless you are moving on from Dansby), so I would rule that one out. You could find a place for any of the three pretty easily. 

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Reports that the Braves are open to signing one of the remaining top free agents. They wont meet demands but they're open to the right deal for one.

LOL what does this even mean? They won't meet demands.

Isn't every team in any sport open to signing a top player IF they agree to a deal the team wants?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Malachore said:

LOL what does this even mean? They won't meet demands.

Isn't every team in any sport open to signing a top player IF they agree to a deal the team wants?

Yes, this is literally true.

I think it just means that the Braves have a number for Harper or Machado, it's not an unreasonable number, but neither player is ready to lower their own demands down to it yet. 

I don't see the Braves in on Kimbrel or Keuchel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Harper, Kimbrel, Keuchel, and Machado I would assume. We don't really have a place for Machado (unless you are moving on from Dansby), so I would rule that one out. You could find a place for any of the three pretty easily. 

I like Dansby Swanson. I'm fine with him as the starting shortstop.

But Dansby Swanson would stand in the way of Manny Machado as well as a possum in front of a BMW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malachore said:

LOL what does this even mean? They won't meet demands.

Isn't every team in any sport open to signing a top player IF they agree to a deal the team wants?

It means the team isn't going to go in a bidding war and don't expect much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How weird is this tweet? There's been no national writer more critical of the Braves than Heyman.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Looks like we cross off kimbrel... seems like AA doesn't want him and is okay with our current BP.

Not signing someone doesn't mean we don't want him. I'm not going to buy a Braves box suite this year, but it doesn't mean I don't want one.

tl;dr likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, K26dp said:

How weird is this tweet? There's been no national writer more critical of the Braves than Heyman.

 

Still don't get it, same team as last year heavily hedging their bets that all those kids improve.

If they have none this year, then they didn't last year either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Not signing someone doesn't mean we don't want him. I'm not going to buy a Braves box suite this year, but it doesn't mean I don't want one.

Braves are cheap, only way we get back Kimbrel if he ends up taking a 1 year deal. (The way our offseason has been playing out)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Reports that the Braves are open to signing one of the remaining top free agents. They wont meet demands but they're open to the right deal for one.

Same with every other team in the MLB that's not in total rebuild mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 0:40 PM, Malachore said:

You can't look at it that way because last year we made a living beating up on the NL East this year the in NL East has gotten better across-the-board not to mention the NL as a whole.

I can actually look at it however I would like, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JDFIII said:

I can actually look at it however I would like, thanks.

Thanks for you contribution. Sorry discussion makes you uneasy.  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Braves will underachieve because they have not improved, some can argue we got better because of Donaldson, but I'll hold judgment he makes it through the season without missing the whole season. We still have holes in our pitching, still no #1 Ace, still no closer, still need BP help, but it seems like AA likes our BP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Braves will underachieve because they have not improved, some can argue we got better because of Donaldson, but I'll hold judgment he makes it through the season without missing the whole season. We still have holes in our pitching, still no #1 Ace, still no closer, still need BP help, but it seems like AA likes our BP. 

Now you're just being overly dramatic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, K26dp said:

I like Dansby Swanson. I'm fine with him as the starting shortstop.

But Dansby Swanson would stand in the way of Manny Machado as well as a possum in front of a BMW.

Yeah I would say so. If it came down to signing Machado or no big free agents, I would say Machado. But I think Harper would fit better with us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now