Ransack

2018/2019 Braves Offseason Thread

2,164 posts in this topic

Snitker indicated the #5 rotation spot could be a revolving door. Braves may use the hot hand between their young arms at AAA. 

Swanson is expected to be good to start Spring. He had loose cartilage removed from his wrist. He said after the really cold early season series in Chicago his hand was never really comfortable again. They found out why.

Falconsfan567 and K26dp like this

40 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Snitker indicated the #5 rotation spot could be a revolving door. Braves may use the hot hand between their young arms at AAA. 

Swanson is expected to be good to start Spring. He had loose cartilage removed from his wrist. He said after the really cold early season series in Chicago his hand was never really comfortable again. They found out why.

So I guess we are not adding a starter then.

Really confused by this offseason so far.

31 minutes ago, Malachore said:

So I guess we are not adding a starter then.

Really confused by this offseason so far.

Rumor has it, braves going after Harper. Maybe that's why we haven't got another starter? Kimbrel name is also being thrown around too.

21 minutes ago, Tomahawk Choppa said:

I really thought we were going after Keuchel.

We kicked the tires on him. I believe Anthopolous had some brief convos back during the winter meetings but nothing came of it. Must have been too far off for the Braves level of interest. 

31 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Rumor has it, braves going after Harper. Maybe that's why we haven't got another starter? Kimbrel name is also being thrown around too.

Only way either of those guys are coming here is if they are willing to take deals that are shorter in length. Harper with a 3/4 year deal and Kimbrel with a 3 year deal? I could stomach that

2 hours ago, Nereek said:

Don't think that was anything more than someone speculating we were the mystery team.

19 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Don't think that was anything more than someone speculating we were the mystery team.

Never know.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

He’s trying to get his hopes up so he can complain and talk about how we will never win unless we start blowing our money on players like that.. :lol:

The red jerseys look exactly like they did the first time around. Wasn't really a fan of them then, although I did like the ones that had the red/white/blue USA look to them. Wish that these were those. The new navy ones are gonna have to grow on me.

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

He’s trying to get his hopes up so he can complain and talk about how we will never win unless we start blowing our money on players like that.. :lol:

I could careless if we sign harper or god himself to play for the Braves. And you can't be a fan without complaining. Also I was always against trying to buy a championship. So there's that.

14 minutes ago, Nereek said:

I could careless if we sign harper or god himself to play for the Braves. And you can't be a fan without complaining. Also I was always against trying to buy a championship. So there's that.

:munch:

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The red jerseys look exactly like they did the first time around. Wasn't really a fan of them then, although I did like the ones that had the red/white/blue USA look to them. Wish that these were those. The new navy ones are gonna have to grow on me.

I actually like the new navy uniforms better.  I hated the black on navy look.  To me everything else looks the same to me. 

Anthopolous said hes still seeking an OF that can bat cleanup. Hes focused on that right now. If they can't find a big bat to acquire Acuna would shift to #4. Acuna said he's willing to hit anywhere but really likes hitting leadoff.

Anthopolous did add one of the 3 players they're working on for the OF has not been mentioned in any rumor mill

3 hours ago, Nereek said:

I mean, if God himself was willing to play for the Braves, I would be down for that

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Anthopolous did add one of the 3 players they're working on for the OF has not been mentioned in any rumor mill

Now that's interesting. Wonder what corner OF for trade is decent, can bat cleanup, and hasn't been mentioned in rumors. 

Edited by ATL Fan in the DMV

3 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I actually like the new navy uniforms better.  I hated the black on navy look.  To me everything else looks the same to me. 

It wasn't black, it was blue on blue outlined in white. It was pretty much an exact copy of the Angels red jerseys where it's red on red with a white outline. It's just that the Braves navy blue is such a dark color that at times on the field it looks black. Its the main reason I hate the red jerseys, it's because the red is so bright and the navy is so dark that makes the navy look black. It's why I've always wanted the Braves to go back to the bright blue color they wore during the early 80s.

The biggest issue I have with the new navy jerseys is the hat. I hate the tomahawk hat and that is the combination for the navy jerseys now. The jerseys are actually really well done, I just don't like the hat.

26 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Now that's interesting. Wonder what corner OF for trade is decent, can bat cleanup, and hasn't been mentioned in rumors. 

Please be Mitch Haniger!! Please be Mitch Haniger!! Please be Mitch Haniger!! Please be Mitch Haniger!!

*fingers crossed*

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this