Ransack

2018/2019 Braves Offseason Thread

2,078 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

Right now I have the bullpen as RH Vizcaino, O'Day, Jackson, Toussaint and LH Minter, Biddle, Venters, and Freeman. 

GWI rotation: Soroka, Gohara, Wright, Wilson, Allard. Bullpen: RH Sobotka, Webb, Parsons, Carle, Winkler, Harrison and LH Dayton and Clouse.

Weigel in the MIS rotation to ease him back, along with Anderson, Muller, Walker, and Davidson.

Where is Fried? Also, you would go with Luke Jackson over Carle and Winkler?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Where is Fried? Also, you would go with Luke Jackson over Carle and Winkler?

Fried in the ATL rotation. It's not what I would do, but what I think the Braves would do right now. Carle and Winkler still have options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Fried in the ATL rotation. It's not what I would do, but what I think the Braves would do right now. Carle and Winkler still have options.

Yeah, I had a feeling it was about options since Luke Jackson is out of options. Also, hope that Fried is in the rotation in Atlanta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah, I had a feeling it was about options since Luke Jackson is out of options. Also, hope that Fried is in the rotation in Atlanta.

It will come down to who has the best spring I think, but the Braves decision-makers seem very "up" on Fried right now.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dawggone said:

So whats everyone's 5 man rotation look like to open the season? Barring additional moves.

Mine is:

Folty, Gausman, Newcomb, Teheran, Soroka. Next man in is Touki. 

Who am I missing?

 

Folty, Gausman, Newcomb, Touki, Soroka. Next man is Gohara or Fried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently there's a rumor out there stating Buster Olney mentioning Braves as a possible mystery team for Harper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nereek said:

Apparently there's a rumor out there stating Buster Olney mentioning Braves as a possible mystery team for Harper.

As pointed out on the previous page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, K26dp said:

It will come down to who has the best spring I think, but the Braves decision-makers seem very "up" on Fried right now.

I am too. I've made that no secret. I just hope he has his blister issues solved and it doesn't end up being a long-term career issue like it was with Josh Beckett. Seems blisters tend to be a issue for some curveball pitchers because of the seems on the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nereek said:

Apparently there's a rumor out there stating Buster Olney mentioning Braves as a possible mystery team for Harper.

Do it.

Do it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Yeah I think that's the only way. Don't see us wanting to give Harper 300 mil over 10 years (nor do I think we should). 

No one is, that's why he's still a FA.

Black Francis, K26dp and tl;dr like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JDFIII said:

Folty, Gausman, Newcomb, Touki, Soroka. Next man is Gohara or Fried.

What do you think happens with Teheran in this case? Not opposed to it, but I would think we would have to move on from Teheran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Malachore said:

No one is, that's why he's still a FA.

Yep. MLB has wised up. These teams are tired of paying the back end of the contracts for declining play. 

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

What do you think happens with Teheran in this case? Not opposed to it, but I would think we would have to move on from Teheran

Either he goes to the pen as a long man, or, more likely, we trade him. I think giving him innings at this point, at the cost of our young guys developing has the potential to stunt their growth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nereek said:

If kimbrel dont get the 6 years he wants, should the braves offer 3?

At what cost per? He will be very good for 3 more I bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JDFIII said:

At what cost per? He will be very good for 3 more I bet.

That's up to the team, hopefully not his full asking price when he wanted 6 years.

JDFIII likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angels to sign Cody Allen for 1 year at $8.5M with a possible total of $11M through incentives. Why couldn't the Braves do this? I'm getting really annoyed that outside of Josh Donaldson and B-Mac the Braves haven't done squat while the other teams have gotten much stronger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the following interesting on MLB Trade Rumors website 2 days ago Link

Quote
  • Most tantalizing, however, were Anthopoulos’s comments regarding one possible swap that’s evidently in the works. “There’s one trade concept right now that 70% of the deal we would agree to, the 30% is probably where we are going back and forth,” he said. “I don’t know if we are going to get it done, but the main piece of the deal I think we ultimately would be ok, it’s the add on.” Certainly, this not-yet-completed arrangement could involve any number of possible players, but it’s at least notable to learn that there could soon be some action.

It could be anybody really, but I would be encouraged if we saw some movement from the Braves soon.

Edited by ATL Fan in the DMV
Falconsfan567 and Malachore like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Angels to sign Cody Allen for 1 year at $8.5M with a possible total of $11M through incentives. Why couldn't the Braves do this? I'm getting really annoyed that outside of Josh Donaldson and B-Mac the Braves haven't done squat while the other teams have gotten much stronger.

I'm honestly not sure what AA is doing, at this point it feels like they exaggerated about payroll and their willingness to improve. 

I really hope they are smart enough to not let their overachieving last year set them back this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I'm honestly not sure what AA is doing, at this point it feels like they exaggerated about payroll and their willingness to improve. 

I really hope they are smart enough to not let their overachieving last year set them back this year.

They spent $130M last year when you account for the money they paid to Adrian Gonzalez and Scott Kazmir not to play. They're not where near that mark right now and I just don't understand what they're doing.

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now