Ransack

2018/2019 Braves Offseason Thread

2,164 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Roll Tide indeed! Almost to game day!

Yep. Going to watch the game with my 84 year old Father. A Bama graduate. State of Alabama folks actually. He graduated before Bear Bryant came back to coach the team. How’s that for family ties?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Yep. Going to watch the game with my 84 year old Father. A Bama graduate. State of Alabama folks actually. He graduated before Bear Bryant came back to coach the team. How’s that for family ties?

Dang dude that's some super family ties! That's pretty cool that you have ties THAT far back lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol thanks guys wrong board :bang: already looking to the falcons in 2019 could not remember if its march or april

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UGABOZ said:

lol thanks guys wrong board :bang: already looking to the falcons in 2019 could not remember if its march or april

NFL schedule release is always around the same time as the draft.

youngbloodz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparent rumor being passed around that we were involved in a potential 3-team deal that would have seen Sonny Gray come to Atlanta with a prospect going out from our minor league system. The third party was Texas/Jurickson Profar. No word on what killed it or if it’s actually true/had traction, but nice to see we are interested in him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ATLBrave said:

Apparent rumor being passed around that we were involved in a potential 3-team deal that would have seen Sonny Gray come to Atlanta with a prospect going out from our minor league system. The third party was Texas/Jurickson Profar. No word on what killed it or if it’s actually true/had traction, but nice to see we are interested in him. 

Saw that.   I like that AA can get to the end of trade discussion and back off.  Sometimes not making the trade is the right move - who knows which of three teams killed the deal though.   I still am scarred by the JD Drew/Adam Wainwright Trade all those years ago. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of first time managers. Including former Brave Matt Tuiasosopo who gets the manager job at Rome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2019 at 10:47 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

NFL schedule release is always around the same time as the draft.

yep i for some reason last year thought it was later than usaul 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ken Rosenthal said the Marlins have not changed their price. They still want Albies and a few top prospects. The price remains the same for everyone, Rosenthal said they're still asking LA for Bellinger and a few top prospects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Ken Rosenthal said the Marlins have not changed their price. They still want Albies and a few top prospects. The price remains the same for everyone, Rosenthal said they're still asking LA for Bellinger and a few top prospects.

Not giving up all those years of control of Albies and prospects for two years of Reamulto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd still rather have Grandal. I'm ok - but not thrilled - with BMac/Flowers as our catching tandem. 

I like Realmuto, but he's going to cost more than we are willing to, or should, spend.

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OH MY GOD. WHY AREN'T WE DOING ANYTHING?!?!?! PHILLY JUST SIGNED DAVID ROBERTSON. WE ARE GOING TO FINISH 4TH IN THE DIVISION NOW!

Figured I would go ahead and get that posted before someone else inevitably does

jidady, TheTrue7, JDFIII and 5 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Hunter Pence is a free agent.  He's been working in the Dominican Winter League on his swing, this offseason.  Do you guys think he would be an upgrade over Nick, or basically the same thing?

 

Personally, I am not a fan of Hunter Pence (just don't like the guy), but if he could be an upgrade and a veteran presence, do you guys think there would be any interest in bringing him in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

So, Hunter Pence is a free agent.  He's been working in the Dominican Winter League on his swing, this offseason.  Do you guys think he would be an upgrade over Nick, or basically the same thing?

 

Personally, I am not a fan of Hunter Pence (just don't like the guy), but if he could be an upgrade and a veteran presence, do you guys think there would be any interest in bringing him in?

If Pence would be a 50 game starter, think he could be a good fit, but, he is poor platoon with Duvall. I am hoping for a reduced price on Pollack, or Marwin Gonzalez. MG gives us a lot of flexibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JDFIII said:

If Pence would be a 50 game starter, think he could be a good fit, but, he is poor platoon with Duvall. I am hoping for a reduced price on Pollack, or Marwin Gonzalez. MG gives us a lot of flexibility.

Duvall getting regular at bats may help him as well.  He didn't show me anything after he was acquired last year.  

I know there were some who were not happy with that move at all, and I gradually went that way when all I saw was a black hole offensively, and everybody knows how I feel about offensive baseball players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Duvall getting regular at bats may help him as well.  He didn't show me anything after he was acquired last year.  

I know there were some who were not happy with that move at all, and I gradually went that way when all I saw was a black hole offensively, and everybody knows how I feel about offensive baseball players.

He has huge bounce-back potential, meaning Duvall. Pence and Duvall are too similar imho. I don't dislike Pence, as some do, I just don't see the fit. I am thinking a left-handed, veteran, who, is willing to platoon. Or, a solid starter, who can give us 130 starts or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now