Ransack

2018/2019 Braves Offseason Thread

2,046 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Nereek said:

Braves interested, braves not interested. Repeat. 

Why would we still be interested in realmuto after getting McCann back? We need an outfield and a ace.... not another catcher.

Craig Mish, the Miami media guy who passes along any info the Marlins feed him, started it. He had a report this weekend that said Austin Riley had been offered. So, Mark Bowman had to do some digging and find out for sure that the Braves are not in and never offered Riley. Jeter just needed to drive the market and make it look like they had. Mish is just a puppet of the Marlins.

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Craig Mish, the Miami media guy who passes along any info the Marlins feed him, started it. He had a report this weekend that said Austin Riley had been offered. So, Mark Bowman had to do some digging and find out for sure that the Braves are not in and never offered Riley. Jeter just needed to drive the market and make it look like they had. Mish is just a puppet of the Marlins.

Ehhh, Mish has shown himself to put out good info. He was on the Yelich and Stanton deals before anyone last year. I like Bowman, but if anything, he’s been more inclined to toe the company line moreso than Mish.

3 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

Ehhh, Mish has shown himself to put out good info. He was on the Yelich and Stanton deals before anyone last year. I like Bowman, but if anything, he’s been more inclined to toe the company line moreso than Mish.

I think they're just both reporting what their sources are telling them. 

BTW, here's this week's Hot Stove Report, I write about Realmuto a bit in it.

11 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

The Braves probably put an offer down for Realmuto, it was the best offer the Marlins received for him, the Marlins demanded more anyway, the Braves refuse to budge, so now we've got our present situation of the Marlins trying to gin up more demand to get them to budge but they still refuse.

13 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The Braves probably put an offer down for Realmuto, it was the best offer the Marlins received for him, the Marlins demanded more anyway, the Braves refuse to budge, so now we've got our present situation of the Marlins trying to gin up more demand to get them to budge but they still refuse.

Jeter has maintained the stance that he can keep Realmuto for the near future. JT has requested a trade but Miami controls him. 

3 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Jeter has maintained the stance that he can keep Realmuto for the near future. JT has requested a trade but Miami controls him. 

He can. He also knows Realmuto's value will only decrease if he's on the roster to start next season.

4 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Mark Bowman says the Braves did discuss asking Albies to stop switch hitting. They haven't approached him about it.

This is good to hear. Just because you can hit from both sides doesn't mean you are good at both. 

1 hour ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

This is good to hear. Just because you can hit from both sides doesn't mean you are good at both. 

Switch hitters progress at different rates for different sides. Ask Chipper Jones. Or just look at his splits.

JDFIII likes this

I haven’t heard it personally, but the comments are making its way around twitter.

Francoeur stared on an MLB podcast that, the don’t count out the Braves in the Harper sweepstakes since, “not many people know this, but he loves Atlanta.”

Black Francis likes this

1 hour ago, ATLBrave said:

I haven’t heard it personally, but the comments are making its way around twitter.

Francoeur stared on an MLB podcast that, the don’t count out the Braves in the Harper sweepstakes since, “not many people know this, but he loves Atlanta.”

I remember him complementing the Braves fans. It was a few years ago but he was saying he wished the Nats fans created the same kind of atmosphere that happens in Atlanta with the chop.

21 hours ago, Nereek said:

This offseason sucks so far. 

It's been a good one for the Braves so far. They improved the line-up and at least so far haven't lost any prospects. 

What do you think about the idea of trading Julio Teheran to the Angels for Kole Calhoun? Calhoun is a guy that showed lots of promise early in his career but has been awful the last 2 years. Julio has been pretty awful the last 2 years as well. I think a change of scenery would do both well. It's a move that I wouldn't mind the Braves making and taking a chance that Kevin Seitzer can get Calhoun back on track. I think it's an idea.

39 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I've liked Calhoun for awhile, but Teheran is worth more than that. 

Well I didn't think it would be straight up. But just the start of a deal. I don't know what other players would be needed to make it balanced. Someone who's more knowledgeable than me like you could help me out with that.