Ransack

2018/2019 Braves Offseason Thread

2,077 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, K26dp said:

Yes, but it's not something the GM needs to stick around for. 

So why the meeting? Just for the rule 5 draft?

3 minutes ago, Nereek said:

So why the meeting? Just for the rule 5 draft?

Are you talking about the Liberty meeting? That's probably just a glorified Christmas party for the properties owned by Liberty. They said Anthopolous had accepted his invitation to it months ago. Minasian stayed back to monitor the Rule 5.

5 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Hes got potential to be a nice depth piece

Just to be clear, it's a long shot. He hasn't had a minor league ERA under 4 since 2014. This seems like a deep dive from Braves scouts. If they're right about him, they deserve a bonus.

Hey you never know they can flyer on someone and see where it goes I bet no one thought Kurt Warner would ever be anything after bagging groceries look where he ended up

21 minutes ago, oztin said:

Hey you never know they can flyer on someone and see where it goes I bet no one thought Kurt Warner would ever be anything after bagging groceries look where he ended up

That's actually what I'm saying. This move looks crazy on the surface and seems like a very low percentage play...but so did drafting Gattis. Braves scouts are tireless.

All three selections are pure depth pieces. 

8 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Creasy will likely be returned or be at AAA in case someone needs a breather.

Minor league selections R5 don't need to be returned. They're just part of the Braves org now.

Unkn0wn and JDFIII like this

"Brian Snitker says: "I would like [free agents Evan Gattis and Matt Adams]. All that kind of stuff is going to be up to [GM] Alex [Anthopoulos] as he rounds out this team and things like that. I think the world of both of those guys.""

I'm currently preparing my tears of joy for the Gattis reunion.

39 minutes ago, jidady said:

"Brian Snitker says: "I would like [free agents Evan Gattis and Matt Adams]. All that kind of stuff is going to be up to [GM] Alex [Anthopoulos] as he rounds out this team and things like that. I think the world of both of those guys.""

I'm currently preparing my tears of joy for the Gattis reunion.

I could break out my old "El Oso Blanco" t-shirt.

Unless AZ pays a huge amount of Grienke's contract, there's not going to be a major prospect. AZ would be better off just trying to trade Peralta and Bradley by themselves.

Malachore likes this

18 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Unless AZ pays a huge amount of Grienke's contract, there's not going to be a major prospect. AZ would be better off just trying to trade Peralta and Bradley by themselves.

Yeah that was the part that made me wonder. No one's giving up a major prospect and taking on his salary.

38 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Yeah that was the part that made me wonder. No one's giving up a major prospect and taking on his salary.

That's not a rumor, that's some random person saying what he would do. Dont see it happening at all.

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

That's not a rumor, that's some random person saying what he would do. Dont see it happening at all.

He says scenario being discussed. Maybe I'm misinterpreting that part wrong.

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

He says scenario being discussed. Maybe I'm misinterpreting that part wrong.

Maybe but it's hard for me to trust a 3 week old account with 20 followers. We'll see.

Malachore and K26dp like this

There's been reports the Braves were still in on Realmuto. Mark Bowman did some digging and said that's false. He said the Braves did their homework and monitored the market but have not talked to Miami since McCann signed. Bowman also added the Braves are not interested in talking to Miami now and have moved on.

On 12/15/2018 at 10:25 PM, Unkn0wn said:

There's been reports the Braves were still in on Realmuto. Mark Bowman did some digging and said that's false. He said the Braves did their homework and monitored the market but have not talked to Miami since McCann signed. Bowman also added the Braves are not interested in talking to Miami now and have moved on.

Braves interested, braves not interested. Repeat. 

Why would we still be interested in realmuto after getting McCann back? We need an outfield and a ace.... not another catcher.