Ransack

2018/2019 Braves Offseason Thread

2,142 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Don't want Cargo!! All you've got to do is look at his career home/road splits and RHP/LHP splits to realize just how bad he's been away from Coors in his career.

• Home = .323/.381/.592 (.974)
  • Road = .251/.307/.420 (.728)
  • vs. RHP = .299/.366/.540 (.905)
  • vs. LHP = .261/.297/.434 (.732)

Guy is a straight bum!! There's a reason no one signed him last offseason and he eventually ended up back in Colorado.

He hasn't even been that good as a Rockie the last two years. Hes hit .269 with 30 HR total the last 2 seasons.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

According to reports, Carlos Gonzalez has informed the Braves he wants to sign with them. The interest isn't mutual at the moment.

Well that's awkward.

9 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

According to reports, Carlos Gonzalez has informed the Braves he wants to sign with them. The interest isn't mutual at the moment.

No. Dude had some good years earlier but never lived up to the early hype. He’s declining rapidly too IMO. 

15 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

No. Dude had some good years earlier but never lived up to the early hype. He’s declining rapidly too IMO. 

He was a product of Coors Field. If he had never ended up in Colorado he probably wouldnt have had much of a career other than being an extra OF on the bench.

Falconsfan567 likes this

CarGo is a meh at best for me.  I think he would still be serviceable as a 4th OF for someone, just not us though unless the OF market is just too pricey.  A minor league offer with an invite to ST wouldn't upset me, but anything more than that is a no thanks.

ATLBrave likes this

1 hour ago, mookie3127 said:

CarGo is a meh at best for me.  I think he would still be serviceable as a 4th OF for someone, just not us though unless the OF market is just too pricey.  A minor league offer with an invite to ST wouldn't upset me, but anything more than that is a no thanks.

Glad to see you back!

17 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Gabe Burns says the Braves came in for 2 years on Happ. Hes seeking 3 and is currently uninterested in 2 or less.

I don't even understand why we want him. He can't be any better than what we got.

4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I don't even understand why we want him. He can't be any better than what we got.

According to the report hes popular. Burns said pretty much every contender has a 2 year offer in on Happ.

12 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I can think of several people who would be thrilled to deal Dansby

I wouldn't be upset since I'm assuming it would mean Albies to SS and Camargo to 2nd base but it kind of weakens our bench.

Feel like Dansby wouldn't bring anything of value back to us and him being added wouldn't make the return on a bundle much better either. He's likely more valuable to the Braves than other teams based on potential. 

57 minutes ago, jidady said:

I understand that others may disagree, but dealing Folty right now is a galaxy brain move. I hope we sell high right now.

Then we've got another hole in the rotation with our most established and best starter gone. Yeah, Braves could get a jack pot in return on the trade market, but I just don't see where it makes any sense for a contending team to make that kind of move, especially when Folty is only getting better all the time.

DOB says he got the impression the Braves wont trade Swanson, Camargo or any other MLB player. He said they might trade Julio or another SP if they acquire one.

7 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

DOB says he got the impression the Braves wont trade Swanson, Camargo or any other MLB player. He said they might trade Julio or another SP if they acquire one.

There seems to be a general consensus among analysts that the Braves lack of MLB-ready position prospects at AAA will hurt their ability to trade for a top SP or corner OF. While it's true the Braves have a ton of pitching prospects, most teams are looking for a return that includes position players, too. So any big trade will likely have to include an MLB player (Camargo, Swanson, or Albies).

7 minutes ago, The Kingfish said:

There seems to be a general consensus among analysts that the Braves lack of MLB-ready position prospects at AAA will hurt their ability to trade for a top SP or corner OF. While it's true the Braves have a ton of pitching prospects, most teams are looking for a return that includes position players, too. So any big trade will likely have to include an MLB player (Camargo, Swanson, or Albies).

Yep. That is what is killing the Braves right now.

Coppys plan was teams always love top pitching prospects. Well, Theo kind of changed the game. Teams are wanting to load up on young bats now. 

They still love pitching. We have too many, and they think we will give them away. Wright, Soroka, Touki, and Gohara are all MLB or AAAA right now. They want to diminish their value, because they know we cannot use all of them.

31 minutes ago, JDFIII said:

They still love pitching. We have too many, and they think we will give them away. Wright, Soroka, Touki, and Gohara are all MLB or AAAA right now. They want to diminish their value, because they know we cannot use all of them.

They do but from the reports say its bats teams want right now. For example, the Indians are seeking young outfielders for Kluber or Bauer. 

Anthopolous said he doesn't expect to add a SP or RP during the Winter Meetings. He didn't mention OF though. DOB reporting the Braves are willing to sacrifice some defense for a better bat in LF/RF. They feel Ender is so good he can cover up a weaker defender with the help of Acuna.

I wonder what the asking price is on Charlie Morton? I'd take him in heartbeat. He's one of those guys that I remember when he came up with the Braves that he had good stuff but I didn't think he'd ever have the mental capability to put it all together but he got to Pittsburgh and that coach worked miracles. Astros just built on top of it and Morton is the kind of guy that I'd welcome with open arms.

14 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I wonder what the asking price is on Charlie Morton? I'd take him in heartbeat. He's one of those guys that I remember when he came up with the Braves that he had good stuff but I didn't think he'd ever have the mental capability to put it all together but he got to Pittsburgh and that coach worked miracles. Astros just built on top of it and Morton is the kind of guy that I'd welcome with open arms.

Dont know about money but Morton is only looking for 1 or 2 years. Hes made it known he doesn't want to pitch much longer.