Best on team (qualified starter): Anibal Sanchez, 2.77
Best on team (non-qualified starter): Brandon McCarthy, 2.40
Best on team (reliever): Dan Winkler, 2.98
Best on team (MLB debut): Mike Soroka, 2.45

Worst on team (qualified starter): Sean Newcomb, 4.45
Worst on team (non-qualified starter): Max Fried, 5.35
Worst on team (reliever): Sam Freeman, 5.72
Worst on team (MLB debut): Kyle Wright, 9.00

It's like you're chronicling all my gray hairs.

Malachore and K26dp like this

12 hours ago, K26dp said:

Also:

Framing Runs Saved:
Flowers: 13.7
Rivera: 0.1
Stewart: -0.3
Perez: -0.9
Suzuki: -7.5

Throwing Runs Saved:
Perez: 0.0
Stewart: 0.0
Rivera: -0.1
Flowers: -0.2
Suzuki: -0.4

Fielding Runs Above Average (BP's overall defensive metric, 0 = average)
Flowers: 13.2
Rivera: 0.2
Stewart: -0.4
Perez: -0.8
Suzuki: -5.5

Flowers was 3rd in MLB in Framing Runs Saved and 4th in Fielding Runs Above Average among catchers in MLB.

Framing I'm not surprised. Flowers is really good at that. But fielding runs above average is a complete shocker to me because neither Flowers nor Suzuki are good at throwing out baserunners or blocking pitches in the dirt.

10 hours ago, oztin said:

That worries me also. But with the way we platoon catchers it could help lessen his chance of injuring himself. It like Flowers said when he got his extension, no one can catch everyday in the Atlanta heat

And Flowers was wrong. Brian McCann and Javy Lopez routinely started 130 or so games a season for a number of seasons in a row.

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Reports today the Yankees are the heavy, heavy favorite for Corbin. He grew up in Syracuse, NY and is from a family of lifetime Yankee fans. 

Well that sucks.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Is Vizzy really worth nearly 5 mil? I want my son to play baseball but to **** with being a position player.

Yes. Vizzy is a really good pitcher.

53 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Is Vizzy really worth nearly 5 mil? I want my son to play baseball but to **** with being a position player.

Career ERA of 3.03, career FIP of 3.54, sub-3 ERA each of the last two years.

So, yes.

11 hours ago, oztin said:

That worries me also. But with the way we platoon catchers it could help lessen his chance of injuring himself. It like Flowers said when he got his extension, no one can catch everyday in the Atlanta heat

I bet if we got a catcher that was good enough to catch most days that player would catch most days.

1 hour ago, jidady said:

Career ERA of 3.03, career FIP of 3.54, sub-3 ERA each of the last two years.

So, yes.

Just seems like a lot for a 7th or 8th inning guy if we sign a closer, I admit I'm not up to date on what non closer get though.

6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Just seems like a lot for a 7th or 8th inning guy if we sign a closer, I admit I'm not up to date on what non closer get though.

Last winter the Rockies gave $9M per for two setup guys. Viz is well worth $5M. Late inning RPs are getting $8M+. Robertson is getting $13M from the Yankees.

falconsd56 and Malachore like this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Julio, Swanson and Camaro straight up for J.T. Realmuto? I want some of whatever you're smoking.

No you don’t.. he said “or”.. no one wants to partake in that.. 

4 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

No you don’t.. he said “or”.. no one wants to partake in that.. 

LOL!! Right. I missed that. So he thinks Julio and then one of Camargo or Swanson will get us Realmuto? Wow!!

Framing I'm not surprised. Flowers is really good at that. But fielding runs above average is a complete shocker to me because neither Flowers nor Suzuki are good at throwing out baserunners or blocking pitches in the dirt.

It incorporates framing too. As you can see Flowers did get dinged on his throwing. 

And Flowers was wrong. Brian McCann and Javy Lopez routinely started 130 or so games a season for a number of seasons in a row.

It wasn't as hot early and and late in the season then as now.

26 minutes ago, Malachore said:

It's easier to think of them as high-leverage, middle-leverage, and low-leverage/. High-leverage guys should pitch when the game is most on the line, and a team should have at least three of them. Vizcaino would be one, regardless of which inning he pitches.

Falconsfan567 and Malachore like this

Just now, K26dp said:

It wasn't as hot early and and late in the season then as now.

Here's what numbers I can find. Here's monthly average high based on data from 1961-1990

• April = 71
  • May = 79
  • June = 86
  • July = 87
  • August = 86
  • September = 82

Here's monthly average high based on data from 1981-2010

• April = 72
  • May = 81
  • June = 86
  • July = 90
  • August = 88
  • September = 82

Has the temperatures changed that much since 2010?

38 minutes ago, Malachore said:

28 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Last winter the Rockies gave $9M per for two setup guys. Viz is well worth $5M. Late inning RPs are getting $8M+. Robertson is getting $13M from the Yankees.

Last winter the Phillies gave Tommy Hunter 2/14. The non-closer market is now in the range between 5-10 mil on average.

And as much as I love Kimbrel he will probably too much money to make sense. Wade Davis got $16-18M a year last year. It changes yearly. Kimbrel can command more than that

34 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

And as much as I love Kimbrel he will probably too much money to make sense. Wade Davis got $16-18M a year last year. It changes yearly. Kimbrel can command more than that

Yep. As much as I've beat the drum to bring Kid-K home I can't see the Braves sinking nearly $20 a year into a pitcher to pitch 60-70 innings per season.

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Julio, Swanson and Camaro straight up for J.T. Realmuto? I want some of whatever you're smoking.

I said swanson OR carmargo..and yes you prob do want what I am smoking..its some good shiz

Edited by TRUju2111

10 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

I said swanson OR carmargo..and yes you prob do want what I am smoking..its some good shiz

LOL that makes the trade even more terrible for MIAMI. They were asking for Acuna in initial conversations. 

23 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

They wanted Acuna OR Albies

K26dp likes this

3 hours ago, Malachore said:

Don't focus on which inning he pitches. With us asking only five innings out of our starters, we need like five truly dominant arms in the bullpen. He's one of them.

falconsd56 and Malachore like this

3 hours ago, Malachore said:

LOL that makes the trade even more terrible for MIAMI. They were asking for Acuna in initial conversations. 

So a package with julio, carmargo or swanson and a couple prospescts wont get it done then why are we even talking about it? It wont happen

That is dumb as ****. Why would we significantly weaken our team by trading two future cogs for one? I don’t think you understand how trades actually work.