Ransack

2018/2019 Braves Offseason Thread

1,335 posts in this topic

Anibal said hes decided to keep playing. He added he would "love" to stay in Atlanta. There's the veteran arm we could get. Would like to keep Anibal around the young guys.

Passprotection and jidady like this

6 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Anibal said hes decided to keep playing. He added he would "love" to stay in Atlanta. There's the veteran arm we could get. Would like to keep Anibal around the young guys.

As long as we can offload Teheran it could work. Though we still have more arms than slots at this point in time.

9 minutes ago, Ransack said:

As long as we can offload Teheran it could work. Though we still have more arms than slots at this point in time.

I'm pretty sure this is the winter we finally move Julio. He finished pretty well and looked good yesterday. 

Our refusal to pitch Julio when it mattered shows that the new regime has no faith in him. I fully expect him to have played his last game in a Braves uniform (except maybe down the line as a reliever).

Passprotection likes this

If the Braves jump into the market to sign a free agent starting the pitcher the one I want is Patrick Corbin. It took him a while to find himself again after Tommy John surgery but's coming off the best season of his career and just turned 29 in July. He's capable of giving the Braves great innings. He's thrown over 200 innings twice (2013, 2018) and turned in 189 in 2017. His ERA was 3.15 this year but his FIP was 2.47. So he was hurt by the Diamondbacks not being a great defensive team. 246 SO this year too!! Him and Folty (one from the right side and the other from the left side) would make one heIl of a team.

Braves will inform Snitker of his future by the end of the week. Expectation is he gets a new deal. His current contract is up.

Man I would love it we somehow got DeGrom. I know it would cost ALOT but we need that ace that can dominate any lineup. I know it won't happen. 

Anthopolous said he will announce a 2019 coaching staff next week. He spent all morning and early afternoon doing one on one interviews with every coach.

8 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Anthopolous said he will announce a 2019 coaching staff next week. He spent all morning and early afternoon doing one on one interviews with every coach.

I'd be surprised if there are any changes. The players respond to this staff.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I'd be surprised if there are any changes. The players respond to this staff.

The fact that he said it will be next week means Snitker is definitely returning. Any change would be a very minor one. I dont see anyone leaving unless it's for a managerial job somewhere else.

Just now, ATLBrave said:

DOB seems to think there could be some changes to the coaching staff on the pitching side. 

I wish like heIl the Braves could get someone like Mike Maddux as pitching coach. You just look at his track record and it's amazing.

Malachore and Drew4719 like this

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

I really dont want to use a spot on a guy who had 1 good year out of his last 4, 3 of which were down right terrible.

27 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I really dont want to use a spot on a guy who had 1 good year out of his last 4, 3 of which were down right terrible.

I'd only do it for the right money. Low enough that you could send him away if he falls back to earth.

Malachore and Drew4719 like this

32 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

DOB seems to think there could be some changes to the coaching staff on the pitching side. 

I'd be ok with that. I dont think Chuck Hernandez has ever quite hit his groove here. We seen some strides but I feel like we could be better.

Falconsfan567 and Drew4719 like this

Bowman adds the delay in announcement from Anthopolous likely does mean some of the staff is changing. Pitching is what makes the most sense.

15 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I'd only do it for the right money. Low enough that you could send him away if he falls back to earth.

Don't you feel like baring trade that the rotation is set?

16 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Don't you feel like baring trade that the rotation is set?

Folty, Gausman, Newcomb, Touki, Soroka is probably the rotation right now.  Allard and Wright begin at AAA. So unless they decide to let Soroka start at AAA there's probably not room.

I would be pretty surprised if Soroka isn't in the rotation. When he pitched, he was effective.

Mike Maddux isnt leaving STL. Cardinals made him one of the highest paid coaches in the league. He reportedly had input in their managerial hire so he would stay