Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Absolute

Bosher's place in NFL History

24 posts in this topic

I like Bosher.  He’s got fire, but yeah this isn’t the kind of thing you want to be known for.  Maybe it’s his wind up?  I feel like Armstrong maybe more of the issue though.  I’ve kind of thought he’s been going to get the ax for a long time now... even pre-Quinn era, but next season he always ends up being the st coach

Club212 and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's extremely slow on his wind up...I think he takes an extra step or something.  Either way, Armstrong is definitely also a problem because our unit is not good at much at this point.  It's almost like they just swap out guys who are trained to fair catch everything.  Lol

atljbo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Armstrong. Back to back blocks isn't on the punter. There is a clear flaw on film. His self scouting is abysmal. The Chiefs exposed it last year and his "fix" was safe punt every single time, which killed the return game. He's a Smitty leftover. Don't know how he survived. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The blocking from the rookies are whats killing the punt game.  How about the Missed blocked from FOYE OLUKUN!!!  some how this rookie has got the most job duties on the team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aer2033 said:

Bosher is probably the best special teams player we have.  Not only does he kickoff and punt, but he usually has to make the tackle too.

Money Matt...sorry not even close

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FuhRealDoh said:

I like Bosher.  He’s got fire, but yeah this isn’t the kind of thing you want to be known for.  Maybe it’s his wind up?  I feel like Armstrong maybe more of the issue though.  I’ve kind of thought he’s been going to get the ax for a long time now... even pre-Quinn era, but next season he always ends up being the st coach

My thoughts exactly when I heard that stat....who has been the special test coach the entire time Bosher has been here? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FuhRealDoh said:

I like Bosher.  He’s got fire, but yeah this isn’t the kind of thing you want to be known for.  Maybe it’s his wind up?  I feel like Armstrong maybe more of the issue though.  I’ve kind of thought he’s been going to get the ax for a long time now... even pre-Quinn era, but next season he always ends up being the st coach

I don't think he could be fired. He's a head coaching candidate each year that interviews regularly. Yes he sucks but u fortunately he falls into that small protected group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've mentioned this in a few threads and started to make a thread about it myself titled, "Bosher has no situational awareness on punts." He never looks up, does the same methodical low kick, and if he's not getting the blocking he needs he's not aware of it because he's not looking. He never lifts his head up to check. That is his problem. It's maddening. 

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RiseUpFalcs said:

Well Saubert turned the guy loose on the blocking. Not sure how that’s on Bosh. 

Because he never looks up to avoid it. Watch him punt. Same slow style no matter what's happening around him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aer2033 said:

Bosher is probably the best special teams player we have.  Not only does he kickoff and punt, but he usually has to make the tackle too.

Now that's funny. He's had some hits too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Bosher's 2 blocks this year were on blown blockers. Period. /thread

If he'd actually look up, he could avoid it. /thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, fuego said:

If he'd actually look up, he could avoid it. /thread.

It also really doesn't help that he takes an extra half step compared to a lot of other punters.

When the ball hits his hands, he takes a small step forward with his right foot first, then a full step with his left, and then he follows through with his right leg to make contact and punt the ball.

Watch other punters and you'll see most take one full step w/ their non-kicking leg first, and then they follow through & punt the ball with their other leg.

That means compared to a lot of other punters, Bosher is giving opponents an extra second to break through & get a block. A half to full second is waaaay too much time to be gift wrapping the opposing ST unit in a situation like that, and so it's really no wonder he's gotten so many blocked in such a relatively short amount of time.

It's beyond absurd that neither Armstrong nor Bosher have done anything to change this, and IMO they both should take a lot of the blame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, k-train said:

It also really doesn't help that he takes an extra half step compared to a lot of other punters.

When the ball hits his hands, he takes a small step forward with his right foot first, then a full step with his left, and then he follows through with his right leg to make contact and punt the ball.

Watch other punters and you'll see most take one full step w/ their non-kicking leg first, and then they follow through & punt the ball with their other leg.

That means compared to a lot of other punters, Bosher is giving opponents an extra second to break through & get a block. A half to full second is waaaay too much time to be gift wrapping the opposing ST unit in a situation like that, and so it's really no wonder he's gotten so many blocked in such a relatively short amount of time.

It's beyond absurd that neither Armstrong nor Bosher have done anything to change this, and IMO they both should take a lot of the blame.

Seriously. I mean he takes forever. Never seen anybody punt as slow as him. He's got his routine and he's gonna stick with it even if he has every rusher in his face. But then again he wouldn't know because he never looks up. <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0