Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
osiruz

Falcons should consider trading matt ryan

159 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, osiruz said:

All good points, but he took a stupid 3rd down sack in the SB for example, so he was part of that choke job. I am of the opinion that we won't have enough time to put the right pieces around him. We need to revamp the Oline.

And brady threw a pick 6 and played worst than Ryan but his defense bailed him out long enough to win. 

Football has always been a team game and sometimes you need your def. To hold serve until the off. gets it together but we done have that luxury.

3 hours ago, osiruz said:

2 new OG, RT, C, DE, and 2 cbs. 

That sounds like something browns already did with multiple picks they got from Julio. You become browns with out a franchise QB.

kiwifalcon likes this

Matt isnt going anywhere. I do wish we were a smash mouth team though. Victim of the moment, this fast and physical and zone scheme team did make it to the super bowl and should have won.

We really need help on the offensive line. We need a stud.

5 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Nah. Ryan can easily play another 7 years and possibly more. The game protects QB’s way more than it used to and Ryan has had a very healthy career. He can still play for a long time and he will.

And lol at the “afraid of the big moment” comment.

THATS what the problem is. The Falcons gonna continue to market and trot Ryan out there as long as they can to the detriment of filling out that roster with real talent. The Falcons got exposed this year. They aren't as talented as people thought...

PokerSteve likes this

5 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Matt isnt going anywhere. I do wish we were a smash mouth team though. Victim of the moment, this fast and physical and zone scheme team did make it to the super bowl and should have won.

We really need help on the offensive line. We need a stud.

That fast and zone defense gave up leads that entire year. The offense carried that team.

PokerSteve likes this

Just now, slickgadawg said:

That fast and zone defense gave up leads that entire year. The offense carried that team.

That defense was all we had last year. Offense barely held it together. 

Vandy likes this

2 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I was referring to the outside zone running scheme.

Vandy likes this

6 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Threads to trade Blank will start next week.

Already had one fool say **** near trade every high paid player yesterday. FFS just sit back and accept what lies in front of you. The problem is peeps have gotten spoiled by regular season success and failed potential every year, don't know how to conduct themselves when adversity hits

40 minutes ago, me4falcons said:

And brady threw a pick 6 and played worst than Ryan but his defense bailed him out long enough to win. 

Brady did not play worse than Ryan. He was more accurate on his throws and reads the field way better than Ryan.

12 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Threads to trade Blank will start next week.

Trade Blank and Quinn as a package deal for Belichick and Kraft who do 100% more for the community than we do. Kraft flew underprivileged children on the team plane recently in addition to dozens of good will projects weekly. :mmmhmm:

PokerSteve and red falcon like this

2 minutes ago, big_dog said:

Trade Blank and Quinn as a package deal for Belichick and Kraft who do 100% more for the community than we do. Kraft flew underprivileged children on the team plane recently in addition to dozens of good will projects weekly. :mmmhmm:

Is McDaniels coming too??

PokerSteve likes this

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Dude.

Sorry Vandy, I'm through with this guy. Yeah, I already know the OL is horrible, but the Greats overcome their bad OL. This guy cant. He has reached his plateau and there's nowhere for him to go but down. We all have to face the facts.

He takes horrible sacks, over throws Wrs, and look below average majority of the time now. If it was any other player,  the "Trade Him Now!!!" threads would be in full effect.

We all should be honest with ourselves and accept like WRs & CBs can lose a step and become average that QBs can lose their edge and drop too. Matt Ryan has dropped below his threshold. Yeah, you all thought it would take longer than this, but no one really knows when a player has hit their peak until the inevitable has occurred. And with Ryan, he has began that inevitable slide down the slope of mediocrity. 

Matt Ryan wasnt meant to be the chosen one he’s just the model QB that will always be loved by me and most falcon fans. He’s really meant to groom the one that will bring us a trophy. Matt Ryan is Obi juan

The QBs that are coming out of college now are going to be great players. The talent some of these kids have is insane. Im trying to tell you the athletes from my generation are going to do numbers on this league. Mahomes & Mayfield are just the beginning. 

Edited by Jerz #DukeSZN
Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Matt Ryan wasnt meant to be the chosen one he’s just the model that will always be loved by me and most falcon fans. He’s meant to the groom the one that will bring us a trophy. Matt Ryan is Obi juan

The QBs that are coming out of college now are going to be great players. The talent some of these kids have is insane. Im trying to tell you the athletes from my generation are going to do numbers on this league. Mahomes & Mayfield are just the beginning. 

I agree. Matt is the old fossil now and his replacement should be coming out real soon.

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

Matt is starting to look like that old boxer past his prime and EVERYONE knows that he will eventually get knocked out real bad in the ring.

His mind telling him to do things his body just cant, like throw long balls anymore. So we just post old videos and reminisce of the old times that he could.

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

7 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Sorry Vandy, I'm through with this guy. Yeah, I already know the OL is horrible, but the Greats overcome their bad OL. This guy cant. He has reached his plateau and there's nowhere for him to go but down. We all have to face the facts.

He takes horrible sacks, over throws Wrs, and look below average majority of the time now. If it was any other player,  the "Trade Him Now!!!" threads would be in full effect.

Crazy talk. Ryan did not play well yesterday, no QB does when under that kind of pass rush pressure. But he’s having a great season overall. 

The one player on offense folks should be calling out is Ryan Schraeder.

PokerSteve likes this