Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
osiruz

Falcons should consider trading matt ryan

159 posts in this topic

Matt ryan is the greatest draft pick ever for this franchise. He brought us the most fruitful and productive period in our history ever with 7 winning seasons. He is also 33 and will probably never win a ring with this cursed franchise. IMO we should try the Eagles, Seahawks, and Rams blueprint and get us a good cheap QB. 

The thinking is that getting a good cheapie QB (they are more common now), will free up space go sign players like Suh, and fill up the roster with talent. Not to mention the loss of Ryan will probably net us 2 first round picks. 

It makes sense considering Ryan's age, his lack or armstrength to maximize Julio and Ridley, and this team having just too many holes and being too flawed. The current sissy Oline simply cannot give him the time like we used to in 2016. Not to mention the defense has trash at db.

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Lol

Heard the philosophy on serius radio, and honestly it makes sense. Teams cam load up on talent while having the QB on a cheap contract before having to break the bank. Ryan is a good QB and is the love child of Peyton manning and Matt Hassellbeck, but like many other falcons he is afraid of the big moment. Sooner or later he will retire or we will have to cut him...he is 33 years old and has 3-4 years realistically left.

35 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Heard the philosophy on serius radio, and honestly it makes sense. Teams cam load up on talent while having the QB on a cheap contract before having to break the bank. Ryan is a good QB and is the love child of Peyton manning and Matt Hassellbeck, but like many other falcons he is afraid of the big moment. Sooner or later he will retire or we will have to cut him...he is 33 years old and has 3-4 years realistically left.

Nah. Ryan can easily play another 7 years and possibly more. The game protects QB’s way more than it used to and Ryan has had a very healthy career. He can still play for a long time and he will.

And lol at the “afraid of the big moment” comment.

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Nah. Ryan can easily play another 7 years and possibly more. The game protects QB’s way more than it used to and Ryan has had a very healthy career. He can still play for a long time and he will.

And lol at the “afraid of the big moment comment.”

Think about his weak arm, I doubt he has 7 years in him, 4-5 years tops which will put him at age 38. He doesnt have a cannon like Brees, or Brady.

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

You think Brees and Brady have cannons? Are you seriously on crack?

Nope not on crack it's a fact. Brees puts a lot more power and zip on the ball right now than does Ryan, so yeah compared to Ryan he has a cannon. Ryan is unathletic and will not age well.

Even if you think this is a good idea (and I don’t) the dead cap makes it not an option for at least 3 more years. Personally I think in 2 or 3 more years we start looking for a QB we can develop. Matt has a 5 yeadeal and I think he’ll finish that deal in Atlanta. At that point he probably will be near the end of his career.

Smiler11 and Peyton like this

I just don't get the big moment argument. Ryan did more than enough on our SB run. He played his best on our best run to date.

Many more players around him choked but of course he gets the label. *inserts eye roll*

Like the OL and protection schemes being plain bad vs the Steelers while our D can't even field a respectable unit. Ryan is already playing his best football the older he has gotten and his pace matches or is ahead of other QBs at the same stage.

Contrary to popular belief but Brees and Brady have a luxury of looking better around more competent coaches/system and have proven themselves longer over either Smith or Quinn. Ryan got them both as first time head coaches. Brees and Brady have been in stable offenses for years. We had 2 defensive minded HC that have let OCs come in and let Matt get them HC gigs.

It's a system thing. Brady and Brees are no less system QBs than Matt; and neither are more athletically gifted than Ryan.

Most of the problems today were protection and timing/sync between receiver/QB on broken plays.

19 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I just don't get the big moment argument. Ryan did more than enough on our SB run. He played his best on our best run to date.

Many more players around him choked but of course he gets the label. *inserts eye roll*

Like the OL and protection schemes being plain bad vs the Steelers while our D can't even field a respectable unit. Ryan is already playing his best football the older he has gotten and his pace matches or is ahead of other QBs at the same stage.

Contrary to popular belief but Brees and Brady have a luxury of looking better around more competent coaches/system and have proven themselves longer over either Smith or Quinn. Ryan got them both as first time head coaches. Brees and Brady have been in stable offenses for years. We had 2 defensive minded HC that have let OCs come in and let Matt get them HC gigs.

It's a system thing. Brady and Brees are no less system QBs than Matt; and neither are more athletically gifted than Ryan.

Most of the problems today were protection and timing/sync between receiver/QB on broken plays.

All good points, but he took a stupid 3rd down sack in the SB for example, so he was part of that choke job. I am of the opinion that we won't have enough time to put the right pieces around him. We need to revamp the Oline.

8 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I am of the opinion that we won't have enough time to put the right pieces around him. 

Okay, lets start here. What are these so called "right pieces?". Not trying to be inflammatory, Genuinely curious. 

47 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Matt ryan is the greatest draft pick ever for this franchise. He brought us the most fruitful and productive period in our history ever with 7 winning seasons. He is also 33 and will probably never win a ring with this cursed franchise. IMO we should try the Eagles, Seahawks, and Rams blueprint and get us a good cheap QB. 

The thinking is that getting a good cheapie QB (they are more common now), will free up space go sign players like Suh, and fill up the roster with talent. Not to mention the loss of Ryan will probably net us 2 first round picks. 

It makes sense considering Ryan's age, his lack or armstrength to maximize Julio and Ridley, and this team having just too many holes and being too flawed. The current sissy Oline simply cannot give him the time like we used to in 2016. Not to mention the defense has trash at db.

John Gruden loves Matt. He can get the most out of Ryan (while they slowly grom a young QB out in Vegas).

Falcons receive: Derek Carr.

Otherwise,

I always felt that Matt would be Tom Brady's back-up in New England.

Their staff could help Matt. Maybe, he finally wins a SB as their starter in a few seasons.

Patriots win the Super Bowl this season, Brady might retire. Bill won't take Matt's salary though.

Matt will be the starter for The Falcons for 2019 (at least) - before any move is made.

Something will be done. New Regime has to builld a defense around McKinley. 

I do do not see Matt being dragged into a new regime in 2020 or 2021.

Feel bad for Dan , Mat, and TD, but you have to have a mean and gifted O-Line and D-Line. Can't give number 3 Wrs big deals, and non-Pro Bowl defenders huge raises.

osiruz likes this

F all of you fake and fair weather fans who always overreact with stupid comments like this every time we lose or our team isn't doing well. You ain't a true Falcons fan if you don't stick with the team all the way whether we're doing well or doing really bad. I don't care if we lose the rest of our games or how we lose these games, I will watch all the way through the 4th quarter and take notes supporting my Falcons and try to look at the positive the best I can. I will be very critical of the team and tough decisions/changes must be made if we continue to slide like we have the past 3 games, but I won't make clear delusional and illogical comments like this. 

38 minutes ago, Lord Sarcomere said:

Okay, lets start here. What are these so called "right pieces?". Not trying to be inflammatory, Genuinely curious. 

2 new OG, RT, C, DE, and 2 cbs. 

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, osiruz said:

Nope not on crack it's a fact. Brees puts a lot more power and zip on the ball right now than does Ryan, so yeah compared to Ryan he has a cannon. Ryan is unathletic and will not age well.

Ok I'm with you.

Who you got that can come in and replace Ryan next year?

Why not package Julio aswell because that's where your leading is a rebuild I'm with you.

Only problem is if you do 1. Off load Ryan and his salary and 2.Possibly move on Julio get ready for the Falcons not to be relevant for another 3 years.

If your happy doing that then I'm with you.

OR you could wait until we get everyone back to 100 % health keep Ryan and Julio and continue to max out the potential of this team and talent we have right now while continuing to build through the draft.

I know what I would be doing.

8 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Ok I mean with you.

Who you got that can come in and replace Ryan next year?

Why not package Julio aswell because that's where your leading is a rebuild I'm with you.

Only problem is if you do 1. Off load Ryan and his salary and 2.Possibly move on Julio get ready for the Falcons not to be relevant for another 3 years.

If your happy doing that then I'm with you.

OR you could wait until we get everyone back to 100 % health keep Ryan and Julio and continue to max out the potential of this team and talent we have right now.

I know what I would be doing.

I disagree,

If we are to do it l, we should maximize the talent level of the team. We have time on out side to find the right college QB. 

2 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I disagree,

If we are to do it l, we should maximize the talent level of the team. We have time on out side to find the right college QB. 

What makes you think any QB is going to be any better than Ryan is now.

QBs the most important position on the field and you want to trade the centre piece.

Also you haven't told me 1. Who'd you go for in the draft or 2 who this phantom is that you have replacing Ryan ?

Maximise the talent of the team like we already did in 2016 lol.

End of the day the Falcons team your seeing right now is a shadow of itself because of injury or have you forgot about those guys out.