We get the 1st overall pick if season ended today

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DELETED THIS POST BECAUSE YOU MOTHER****ERS DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ THE MOTHER****ING THREAD IN IT'S ENTIRETY TO KNOW THAT I ******* WAS MAKING AN INITIAL REACTION AND SAID THAT I ******* WAS WRONG ABOUT KHALIL MACK!!! I NEVER KNEW ONE MOTHERUCKING INITIAL OBSERVATION THAT MEANT ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WOULD BE TAKEN SO ******* SERIOUSLY THAT EVERYONE AND **** MOTHERS HAS TO COMMENT AND POINT IT OUT TO ME!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH ********!

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Khalil Mack came from Buffalo, Donald from Pitt. School means jack ****. If a guy can play he can play.

And the Falcons staff saw Donald up close at the Senior Bowl... had him fall into their lap... and still didn’t take him.

LTs don’t grow on trees but DTs like Donald are much harder to find.

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Khalil Mack came from Buffalo, Donald from Pitt. School means jack ****. If a guy can play he can play.

Khalil Mack is the exception, not the rule. And I don't consider Pitt a small school. Pitt plays in a big time conference against big time competition. There's a reason that the majority of NFL players played for a power 5 school. It's because it's rare for a power 5 school to miss out on elite talent in this day and age. Oliver could be the real deal or not. I don't know. I'd have to do a lot of studying on him. But knowing nothing about him my first thought is, Houston? Ugh.

1 minute ago, KCFalcon22 said:

Example Tyreke Hill for the Chiefs...Small college and he’s been lighting it up 

Different position so it's not exactly the same. For offensive and defensive linemen, if you're not going up against stiff competition it's hard to truly know how good or bad you are as a player when you get thrown on an NFL field.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Khalil Mack is the exception, not the rule. And I don't consider Pitt a small school. Pitt plays in a big time conference against big time competition. There's a reason that the majority of NFL players played for a power 5 school. It's because it's rare for a power 5 school to miss out on elite talent in this day and age. Oliver could be the real deal or not. I don't know. I'd have to do a lot of studying on him. But knowing nothing about him my first thought is, Houston? Ugh.

IDC what school the dude went to. If he can ball he can ball.

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

So the DB's he's facing hold no value? Really?

Where did I say that? I said it's a little bit different. And I believe it is. Tyreek Hill is a tremendous player and when you've got that kind of speed it doesn't really matter who you're going against, it's going to play at any level against anyone.

It's different than a DE or DT who can rack up a ton of stats and highlight plays against less than stellar competition only to be exposed as maybe not so good once they're on an NFL field going up against NFL talent. We've seen it happen before where a guy looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.

I agree with what you're saying, that if a guy can play then he can play. But my initial thought when talking about offensive or defensive linemen is you stick with the power 5 schools because you know those players have been tested on a regular basis against other NFL type talent. You get a better read on them than a guy who could potentially go the entire season without facing NFL type talent because of the differences in schedules between power 5 schools and the other schools. Like you pointed out, there are exceptions like Mack.

Like I said, Oliver could very well be the real deal. I don't know. I don't know anything about him. I had to Google his name just to find out who he was and when I saw Houston my first thought is meh. Why? Because look at Houston's schedule.

• Rice
  • Arizona
  • Texas Tech
  • Texas Southern
  • Tulsa
  • East Carolina
  • Navy
  • South Florida
  • SMU
  • Temple
  • Tulane
  • Memphis

He's not seeing many if any NFL offensive linemen going up against that schedule. It just makes me nervous.

Oliver isn't as good of a pass rusher as you'd like out of that high of a pick. I think he's either going to be the best 1 tech in the league (a position you really shouldn't draft early imo), or a 3 tech who's incredible against the run and just okay as a pass rusher.

28 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Oh ok like if the team picking #2 wanted the QB but maybe the 5th pick wants him also.... that could happen, does anyone even have 2 picks this year. It be great to have 2 First round picks then start trading back building depth.  

One would more than likely be a future first