Spts1

A Rod says Braves should get Machado or Harper next year

66 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

We need 2 bats thats for sure..dont care who it is...outfuelder, catcher, left side of the infield...i dont care. But i would suggest we use carmargo or swanson in a trade package because we cant have both those bats on the left side, we need way more production

Austin Riley will get 3B next year unless hes moved to LF.

7 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Austin Riley will get 3B next year unless hes moved to LF.

Thats 1 of the bigger puzzle pieces I think. Does Riley take 3rd and move Camargo or use as super utility guy learning some 1st too maybe??? Or does Riler go LF with Acuna to RF and you pour money into Catcher? What they do with the rotation jn terms of a vet and the youth mix will be intersting as well 

16 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

Thats 1 of the bigger puzzle pieces I think. Does Riley take 3rd and move Camargo or use as super utility guy learning some 1st too maybe??? Or does Riler go LF with Acuna to RF and you pour money into Catcher? What they do with the rotation jn terms of a vet and the youth mix will be intersting as well 

We supposedly have around $50M to spend this winter. They can add a catcher and OF. I dont see the SP. Folty is a veteran at this point. Newcomb has a full season, Touki is ready, Soroka will be healthy. Kyle Wright will be ready as well. I think Allard might get traded but hes there too. Gausman will be back as well.

3 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

We supposedly have around $50M to spend this winter. They can add a catcher and OF. I dont see the SP. Folty is a veteran at this point. Newcomb has a full season, Touki is ready, Soroka will be healthy. Kyle Wright will be ready as well. I think Allard might get traded but hes there too. Gausman will be back as well.

We need another top of the rotation guy...we cant depend on a bunch of young guys to lead us to a WS

23 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

We need another top of the rotation guy...we cant depend on a bunch of young guys to lead us to a WS

Folty will turn 28 next season and has 5 years of experience. Hes no longer a young guy in terms of experience. Hes capable of leading the staff. I wouldn't be mad if they brought in a vet but at some point these guys have to be allowed to step up.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Folty will turn 28 next season and has 5 years of experience. Hes no longer a young guy in terms of experience. Hes capable of leading the staff. I wouldn't be mad if they brought in a vet but at some point these guys have to be allowed to step up.

That is where the disconnect is with all those wanting to bring in more veterans.. You are blocking the kids from getting any sort of meaningful training.. LET THE KIDS PLAY!

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Yep, experience matters. Just look at Folty, he struggled in Game 1 but he learned, got that day under his belt and came out and shut them down in Game 4. That's why this year was so important to the future. All these guys have now been there and done that. They've seen hostile crowds and great pitchers. They'll bring that with them next year. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

8 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

That is where the disconnect is with all those wanting to bring in more veterans.. You are blocking the kids from getting any sort of meaningful training.. LET THE KIDS PLAY!

Nah you bring in a number 1 or 2 guy..pair him with folty, trade julio, let sanchez walk and let the young guys battle for 3 spots..best men win. If you are not good enough to get one of the 3 spots then you are not good enough. Im not sold on Newcomb

50 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

God I hope someone is dumb enough to give us something decent in package for Allard.

18 minutes ago, Malachore said:

God I hope someone is dumb enough to give us something decent in package for Allard.

Hes a young lefty with control. He's got value. Any lefty has value these days, especially one with promise.

CrimsonFalcon likes this

My 2019 Rotation is:

Folty, Gausman, Newcomb, Touki, Wilson/Wright

Lineup 2019:

Grandal, C, Freddie 1st, Albies 2nd, Riley 3rd, Camargo SS, Acuna LF, Ender CF, Adam Jones/AJ Pollack RF/Michael Brantley

Bench:

Culberson, Swanson, Flowers, B Gardner

Bullpen:

O'Day, Viz, Minter, Fried, Sobatka, Dayton/ R Sanchez, Gohara, Ramirez

I think this is a more complete team, takes into account our payroll limitations, and offers the young guys a chance to play. We could look at a midgrade catcher instead of Grandal if we went with Keuchel, Corbin, or even Garrett Richards.

Edited by JDFIII

22 minutes ago, JDFIII said:

My 2019 Rotation is:

Lineup 2019:

Grandal, C, Freddie 1st, Albies 2nd, Riley 3rd, Camargo SS, Acuna LF, Ender CF, Adam Jones/AJ Pollack RF/Michael Brantley

Bench:

Bullpen:

I think this is a more complete team, takes into account our payroll limitations, and offers the young guys a chance to play. We could look at a midgrade catcher instead of Grandal if we went with Keuchel, Corbin, or even Garrett Richards.

Need to trade swanson if we are not going to start him

1 minute ago, TRUju2111 said:

Need to trade swanson if we are not going to start him

I can definitley see that. Maybe he and a young arm gets a closer? Then we would also need to fill a bench spot.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Just look at Folty, he struggled in Game 1 but he learned, got that day under his belt and came out and shut them down in Game 4.

He gave up four walks in four innings yesterday. He was terrible, but he was fortunate enough to get out of jams.

In a five-game series, pitching Folty twice is a recipe for disaster, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. We need for two of the young guys to step up, or we need to go out and get someone with a calmer disposition to anchor these games. 

Malachore likes this

4 minutes ago, JDFIII said:

I can definitley see that. Maybe he and a young arm gets a closer? Then we would also need to fill a bench spot.

Wait, why wouldn't we start Swanson? He's one of the best defensive players in baseball.

16 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

I'd like Trout as a Brave.

I would too but there's not enough money in the world for the Braves to be able to afford to do that.

56 minutes ago, JDFIII said:

My 2019 Rotation is:

Lineup 2019:

Bench:

Bullpen:

My 2019 Lineup:

Image result for machado homer braves

Edited by slickgadawg

3 hours ago, K26dp said:

Here is a complete list of "true aces" (IMO):

Max Scherzer: not available
Chris Sale: not available
Corey Kluber: not available
Justin Verlander: not available
Jacob deGrom: probably not available if the new Mets GM has any brains at all
Aaron Nola: not available
Clayton Kershaw: possibly available, but likely out of Braves budget range

I'd rather take the money and buy offense and bullpen.

I'd add Madison Bumgarner to that list and he would fall under not available.

4 hours ago, jidady said:

Wait, why wouldn't we start Swanson? He's one of the best defensive players in baseball.

Defensively, great player. Camargo is almost his equal defensively, and hits much better. Riley to third pushes the need for Dansby at short out of the equation, imho.

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'd add Madison Bumgarner to that list and he would fall under not available.

I wouldn't even if he was. He's really good though. 

4 minutes ago, JDFIII said:

Defensively, great player. Camargo is almost his equal defensively, and hits much better. Riley to third pushes the need for Dansby at short out of the equation, imho.

Camargo is not close to Swanson defensively as a shortstop. If Riley takes 3B, Camargo goes to the bench. If we improve at shortstop too, Camargo AND Swanson go to the bench.

5 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Camargo is not close to Swanson defensively as a shortstop. If Riley takes 3B, Camargo goes to the bench. If we improve at shortstop too, Camargo AND Swanson go to the bench.

You are correct. I thought I read at fangraphs where he was not, but, close to on par with Dansby, I was not correct though.

jidady, Malachore and K26dp like this

1 hour ago, JDFIII said:

I'm not a Dansby guy but Camargo is nowhere near Dansby's level defensively at SS.

Dansby will be the starting SS either here or on another team.

8 hours ago, K26dp said:

Replace Realmuto with Grandal, and you have the same offseason recipe that I believe in. But I wouldn't turn my nose up at Realmuto either.

I mean to ask you what you think about Marte and if there is a chance the Pirates would trade him.

I just feel like this guy is going to go off.

12 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Oakland is working to extend Khris Davis but if they can't get comfortable I'd love to make that trade. I'm still on board the sign Kimbrel wagon as well.

Khris Davis was someone I was thinking about, just wasn't sure if Oakland would trade him.