Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

#2 Georgia vs #13 LSU

1,295 posts in this topic

Just now, UAB_DAWG said:

It’s worse than that. I heard on the local radio on the way to the game that we are 120 something in the country in a defensive efficiency stat on 1st and 2nd down even though we were only giving up 30% conversions on 3rd down. Basically, opposing teams are ahead of the chains on most possessions. LSU was, I think 4-12 on 3rd and 4-4 on 4th downs. Basically they converted 8-12 times.

If UF and UK are "2nd & 4" and "3rd & 1" - they are going to eat us alive.

Even more scary - what is that TECH triple option going to do to this UGA defense soft in the front 7?  I could see Paul Johnson going for it on 4th down 6-7 times in that game.

Kirby's gotta get that fixed.

mqg96 likes this

14 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

the TRUTH is when you don't have a dominant defense - you are always subject to getting beat every week you play a legit Power 5 opponent.   Basically, we are at point in our schedule where, if the offense has a bad day,  Dawgs can be beaten.

I hate using superstition, but I'm going to use some when I bring these stats up. I believe our game against Florida the weekend after next is our biggest game over the Gators in decades. This will TRULY determine whether we've flipped the switch over Florida or not. Gator fans consider this decade as a "down decade" for Florida, yet, we are only 4-4 this decade. We could still be 4-6 this decade vs Florida when they haven't even been as strong as the 90's and 2000's.

That 3 game win streak over Florida from 2011-2013 we were lucky to have because of Will Muschamp being the head coach and never having a win in Jacksonville until his final year with the Gators, and despite Florida having a bad offense, they still almost beat us in all of those games. We had to come back from a 14 point deficit in 2011, we had to force 6 turnovers in 2012, and in 2013 that was one of the worst Florida teams ever and we would have lost that game WITHOUT Gurley's big TD runs, yet Vanderbilt and Georgia Southern played the Gators better than we did. 2014 was a disaster when we let yet another inferior Florida team beat us by DOUBLE DIGITS, and 2015 was just as bad. I'll give 2016 a pass because we had a young team in Kirby's first year with a bad O-line going against an elite Florida defense. Blowing out the Gators in 2017 was fun, but once again, that was a horrible Florida team. I want us to beat decent Florida teams on a regular basis like we did in the 80's. We haven't done that yet. Anyways, let me get to my point now. 

1982: Georgia (white jerseys) 44 vs. Florida (blue jerseys) 0

1983: Georgia (red jerseys) 10 vs. Florida (white jerseys) 9

1997: Georgia (white jerseys) 37 vs. Florida (blue jerseys) 17

1998: Florida (white jerseys) 38 vs. Georgia (red jerseys) 7

2007: Georgia (white jerseys) 42 vs. Florida (blue jerseys) 30

2008: Florida (white jerseys) 49 vs. Georgia (red jerseys) 10

2017: Georgia (white jerseys) 42 vs. Florida (blue jerseys) 7

2018: Georgia is back in red while Florida is in white this year ?????

Chances are, our game in Jacksonville will probably be like the ugly 1983 rematch or the 2012 game if our defense plays lights out. If our offense is vanilla again AND our run defense continues to suck, it's going to be like the 1998 and 2008 blowout rematches, and all **** will break lose in Athens. You know Florida will want big time revenge from last year's game anyway. 

Edited by mqg96

13 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I'm nervous as **** about Florida this year now. Historically in this unpredictable rivalry the years Georgia had a dominant victory over Florida the following year Florida always comes back hard on Georgia and gives us an ugly game or they beat us bad. It happened in 1998 and 2008 after having big wins over the Gators in 1997 and 2007. After blowing out Florida in 1982 we barely won in 1983 in an ugly low scoring game. Alabama and Florida's style of defenses have always been a bad match up for Georgia's pro style offenses over the years. The last Alabama team Georgia beat back in 2007 finished 7-6. The last 2 Florida teams Georgia beat in 2013 & 2017 only finished with 4 wins and no bowl. Georgia hasn't beaten a decent Florida team since 2012 and even in that game we only scored 17. With how vanilla the Georgia offense has been all year, we're in for a huge awakening. 

This UF defense as a whole is not overwhelmingly talented. They’ve played so well the last couple weeks because Grantham knows this and he’s calling a ton of blitzes to make up for it since they do have elite pass rushing ability. As rattled as Fromm looked against LSU where, for the most part, our line held up pretty well, this does not bode well for us. 

4 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

This UF defense as a whole is not overwhelmingly talented. They’ve played so well the last couple weeks because Grantham knows this and he’s calling a ton of blitzes to make up for it since they do have elite pass rushing ability. As rattled as Fromm looked against LSU where, for the most part, our line held up pretty well, this does not bode well for us. 

we already saw it w/ LSU - teams have the "go-for-it" attitude when playing us because they are "not supposed to win".

Kirby/Chaney better have a dynamic game plan in place to make Gators pay for being overly aggressive.  If we come in vanilla we will lose.  Now, I am not saying trickery like "Fake Field Goals" - what I am saying is run screen passes against blitzes - throw on 1st down and 2nd down enough - don't get in 3rd and long situations against the blitz.

10 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Even more scary - what is that TECH triple option going to do to this UGA defense soft in the front 7?  I could see Paul Johnson going for it on 4th down 6-7 times in that game.

Kirby's gotta get that fixed.

Uk and Tech don’t worry me because they absolutely have a semblance of a passing game. LSU killed us because they were hitting on their passing game as well which kept us off balance. So Florida concerns me more than those 2 teams because Florida has had times of being lucky in the pass game 

Read something from Kipp where he said that as bad as Fromm performed, the pass catchers performed worse.  Spoke about horrible routes, lack of separation and poor hands.

Went on to say that Fulton had a career day against Godwin and Hardman.

Also mentioned drops by Nauta, Ridley, Hardman and Swift.  

Edited by Turkeydawg

45 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Read something from Kipp where he said that as bad as Fromm performed, the pass catchers performed worse.  Spoke about horrible routes, lack of separation and poor hands.

Nah, it's much easier to just put all the blame on Fromm. And I'm not saying he doesn't deserve some blame, cause he does, cause he was dreadful. 

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Was definitely a full team loss. Bad day for almost everyone. 

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Elijah Holyfield Trucking Company

pLvo0Ub.jpg

I think #26 wet himself!!!!!! LOL Would have LOVED to see what Holyfield could have done in that game.

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Not utilizing our backs vs LSU was about as confusing as running Carlton Thomas up the gut on every 3rd and long play.

I wish you'd have not mentioned that play.

What a cluster of a play. 

Ole Richt loved him the run up the middle on them 3rd and longs.

Man I just have to say.................this forum is soooooooooooooooo much better than the falcon forum. I really love these conversations. Passionate people with real intelect making very legitimate comments. It turns into a poop show on the Falcons board more times than not. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate you all.

g-dawg, Yo_Lover, sdogg and 2 others like this

32 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

Man I just have to say.................this forum is soooooooooooooooo much better than the falcon forum. I really love these conversations. Passionate people with real intelect making very legitimate comments. It turns into a poop show on the Falcons board more times than not. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate you all.

If we lose to UF.... 

AutumnEffect likes this

30 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

If we lose to UF.... 

Hopefully we still have the same passion. We do not play...we watch and are fans. But I really feel most here are in tune to the team and are stating the obvious. I'm certainly not discounting we may lose that game. But hopefully (fingers crossed) we'll see more effort, more creativity, staying with what works and more Fields involvement. If not, hopefully as fans we stand for the same reasoning we do now. But I'm saying right now, these discussions have been far better than the ones I've seen on the Falcons message boards. Not even close.

Just now, Wardog357 said:

Hopefully we still have the same passion. We do not play...we watch and are fans. But I really feel most here are in tune to the team and are stating the obvious. I'm certainly not discounting we may lose that game. But hopefully (fingers crossed) we'll see more effort, more creativity, staying with what works and more Fields involvement. If not, hopefully as fans we stand for the same reasoning we do now. But I'm saying right now, these discussions have been far better than the ones I've seen on the Falcons message boards. Not even close.

2-4 vs 6-1.. just saying you’ll see the trolls come out if we lose next week.. 

TATF has always been a cesspool. Back when Vick got caught up with the dogfighting thing and went to prison, people were regularly posting the most racist garbage and I don’t think it was ever cleared off the board. Now they ban people for trying to get around the cussing filter. It’s weird. But yeah TATF has always been garbage, even more so when the Falcons are sucking. 

This college board has always had a better crowd. It can get a little ridiculous in UGA game threads sometimes but it’s miles better than TATF imo. We used to have a lot more fans representing in here though. 

AutumnEffect and Wardog357 like this