Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

#2 Georgia vs #13 LSU

1,295 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

UGA cannot sleepwalk through the 1st half in that environment.  Chaney needs to tighten up the game plan and make adjustments in 1st half instead of waiting until 3rd qtr.

Not to mention LSU will come out angry over this past week and playing at home. I'm not going to lie.....Dawgs better clean up some of those dumb mistakes or this could get ugly for us. We are fixing to see what they have next Saturday. Then we still have Florida and Kentucky. The learning curve is over. Big Boy Time!

3 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

Not to mention LSU will come out angry over this past week and playing at home. I'm not going to lie.....Dawgs better clean up some of those dumb mistakes or this could get ugly for us. We are fixing to see what they have next Saturday. Then we still have Florida and Kentucky. The learning curve is over. Big Boy Time!

We win this game by 20+

14 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

We win this game by 20+

I like your enthusiasm but I feel like this will be closer to the ND game last year.

putnam6 likes this

13 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I like your enthusiasm but I feel like this will be closer to the ND game last year.

You think this game is going to closer resemble the first college start of a true freshman Fromm that was restricted to a very minimal playbook? 

giphy.gif

We are going to put up 35+ on LSU. The real question is can they put up over 14 on us? I find that highly doubtful, unless it's against our 2nd and 3rd string late in the game like this past week. 

8 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

You think this game is going to closer resemble the first college start of a true freshman Fromm that was restricted to a very minimal playbook? 

giphy.gif

We are going to put up 35+ on LSU. The real question is can they put up over 14 on us? I find that highly doubtful, unless it's against our 2nd and 3rd string late in the game like this past week. 

I agree. Yeah we’ve played sloppy at times but I really do think we’ve been playing quay. Our last game we clicked on all cylinders was the SC game. It was our make a statement game and so we did. LSU is good but we are way more talented and coached. 

95Dawg and Porter Osborne Jr like this

10 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

giphy.gif

I hope you’re right.  But going into Death Valley is a tough task for any team.  

Gotta be more physical against the run. Thier d was fast and aggressive. We’ll see if we can stop the run early and grab a lead- then I agree we win by 10-14 pts. If not who knows. 

I'll be at the game. First one in a couple years so I'm super pumped for this weekend. Hoping the Dawgs put together their best game of the year so far!

We're gonna have to play in space on offense. If we play everything between the tackles, their defense will shut us down. They have two really great corners so we need to be in a lot of 3 and 4 WR sets to get good matchups in the passing game. Defense just needs to play tough and disciplined and we will be fine there.

38-17 Dawgs win.

Gotta tighten up on run D and the screen game.. make their QB beat us..

ive been dealing with some serious smack talk from a few LSU fans all year.. of course it’s been mysteriously quiet since early Saturday evening though.. hmm

Wardog357 and g-dawg like this

6 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Gotta tighten up on run D and the screen game.. make their QB beat us..

ive been dealing with some serious smack talk from a few LSU fans all year.. of course it’s been mysteriously quiet since early Saturday evening though.. hmm

I know the feeling brother. Living in LA is tough for a GA fan. All I hear every weekend is the LSU chant and Who DAT BS. LOL!

TheTrue7 likes this

9 hours ago, RandomFan said:

We win this game by 20+

Hope you're right. I'm not one to predict scores. But if you are right, I'll be having the time of my life this coming Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Posted (edited)

If we show up and stop the run, we win.

If we let them hang around and let the crowd get geeked... Anything can happen.

Big test for our front 7.

Edited by AutumnEffect

15 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

We could definitely lose but I'm not sure they have enough offense for it to get ugly.   The most interesting thing will be how we stack up against a physical run game.  Kirby has said that most of the big plays the defense gave up Saturday were the result of mistakes and missed assignments.   That kind of stuff has to get cleaned up.  

Wardog357 likes this

I think LSU’s ground game is going to gash our defense. Probably 4-5 yards per carry by the end of it. I don’t think we can shut down their run game even if we focus on it and it’s going to be their bread and butter in the 2nd half. D’Andre Walker is the only LB that seems to consistently make plays... and he counters that with at least one dumb penalty every game it seems. Tackling by our LBs has been pretty poor in general so far. D line will need to play their best game yet to help the LBs. 

But with that said, LSU averaged 4.4 yards per carry against Florida and lost. Florida averaged 5.0 ypc. I think this will be a very telling stat for this game. 

I think we will need Justin Fields to play big in this game, above what you’d expect of a freshman QB in that situation. Fromm and Chaney will need to orchestrate the passing game to set up the run in my opinion. LSU will be keyed in on loading the box and we will have to keep them honest. Fields can play into that by bringing them back into the box when he comes in and then ripping off a nice downfield throw, then all bets are off when he starts getting normal looks from the D where he has gaps and space to crank off some of those option keepers. But with a defense as talented as LSU, we need to orchestrate this well and Fields has to play extremely well. Fromm has to play well. Chaney has to call an exceptional game.

Our banged up OL will have to have a monster game because LSU has Sunday talent at every level. But we can get it done. Florida dredged out a win in one of the sloppiest games I’ve seen all season so far.

I think the Dawgs will be sharp but I’m not expecting a big win. I think it will be close unless LSU plays super sloppy again. Turnovers and which team does a better job containing the running game will tell this one. 

LSU might have a lot of good players on defense. But the big thing they are missing is a pass rush. We're going to destroy that defense. 

37 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

We could definitely lose but I'm not sure they have enough offense for it to get ugly.   The most interesting thing will be how we stack up against a physical run game.  Kirby has said that most of the big plays the defense gave up Saturday were the result of mistakes and missed assignments.   That kind of stuff has to get cleaned up.  

To me a loss will be ugly...real ugly! LOL, I'd hear that crap until we played them again and we usually skip a year or two between playing LSU. So anything short of a win for the Dawgs will be bad for me. But that's why they play the game. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frankly88 likes this

42 minutes ago, Carter said:

I think LSU’s ground game is going to gash our defense. Probably 4-5 yards per carry by the end of it. I don’t think we can shut down their run game even if we focus on it and it’s going to be their bread and butter in the 2nd half. D’Andre Walker is the only LB that seems to consistently make plays... and he counters that with at least one dumb penalty every game it seems. Tackling by our LBs has been pretty poor in general so far. D line will need to play their best game yet to help the LBs. 

But with that said, LSU averaged 4.4 yards per carry against Florida and lost. Florida averaged 5.0 ypc. I think this will be a very telling stat for this game. 

I think we will need Justin Fields to play big in this game, above what you’d expect of a freshman QB in that situation. Fromm and Chaney will need to orchestrate the passing game to set up the run in my opinion. LSU will be keyed in on loading the box and we will have to keep them honest. Fields can play into that by bringing them back into the box when he comes in and then ripping off a nice downfield throw, then all bets are off when he starts getting normal looks from the D where he has gaps and space to crank off some of those option keepers. But with a defense as talented as LSU, we need to orchestrate this well and Fields has to play extremely well. Fromm has to play well. Chaney has to call an exceptional game.

Our banged up OL will have to have a monster game because LSU has Sunday talent at every level. But we can get it done. Florida dredged out a win in one of the sloppiest games I’ve seen all season so far.

I think the Dawgs will be sharp but I’m not expecting a big win. I think it will be close unless LSU plays super sloppy again. Turnovers and which team does a better job containing the running game will tell this one. 

Well said Carter! And I was telling an LSU fan yesterday, that this cold be a very good matchup if Fields gets in for a few more snaps. I think against LSU, this might be a game very well suited for his skills.

Carter likes this

In my opinion, this game is going to come down to Burrow and Fromm, obviously. Who handles pressure and adversity better? 

Should be a tight one. 

sdogg likes this

If we do what we did last weekend, spread out the defense, run some no huddle, and make them cover all parts of the field the they won't be able to keep up. Kirby also has a history of ripping up conventional offenses. It was the mobile spread offenses that gave him trouble.

Carter and 95Dawg like this