2 minutes ago, uga_falcons_braves said:

I just don't know? I look at our payroll, especially on defense, and I just don't see it. With the exception of Grady, Tak and Deon, we have nothing good going at all three levels on D.

Why are you omitting Neal, Allen and Campbell? Two of which have been injured for the season. Hyperbole?

5 minutes ago, uga_falcons_braves said:

I just don't know? I look at our payroll, especially on defense, and I just don't see it. With the exception of Grady, Tak and Deon, we have nothing good going at all three levels on D. We need upgrades at DL, LB & secondary. OL is hurting too, but defense is the more pressing need.

Definitely need to let Beasley walk after this season

39 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

It’s not time to “blow it up” but in a lost season it’s certainly time to make some decisions on guys that don’t need to be here.  

If this team is healthy they’re competitive. Since they’re not though you get a real look at how bad some of these guys are.

I think it shows that the defense was too reliant on a few key players.  This shoots a hole in the theory that Quinn's defense is powered more by scheme than by player talent.

I'd rather see us go more to the "role player" route on defense like NE does.  They never have a great defense, but they're always able to field a competent one.

Edited by JeffAtl
1 minute ago, JeffAtl said:

I think it shows that the defense was too reliant on a few key players.  This shoots a hole in the theory that Quinn's defense is powered more by scheme than by player talent.

I'd rather see us go more to the role player route on defense like NE does.  They never have a great defense, but they're always able to field a competent one.

One of the more disheartening things this season is the other vets not really stepping up.  You could make an argument that Poole, Tru, and Alford have been some of our worst players this season.  Vic and Devondre have basically been M.I.A. and we all know how bad Duke and Richards have been.

2 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

One of the more disheartening things this season is the other vets not really stepping up.  You could make an argument that Poole, Tru, and Alford have been some of our worst players this season.  Vic and Devondre have basically been M.I.A. and we all know how bad Duke and Richards have been.

This is why one can't use just the injury excuse. This is much more than just injuries.