Going back to 2017, offense with Tevin Coleman ONLY + 3rd stringer (Ward or Ito Smith) vs Freeman & Coleman starting

I will update this comment in a second and bring up more numbers. What's up with our offense playing much more efficient and better with Coleman getting most of the snaps (+ Ward or Ito Smith) vs. our offense playing so horrible with Freeman and Coleman starting lately? Is this a Sarkisian problem or is it Freeman not being the same as he was in 2015 & 2016 when he had spectacular 1000+ yard rushing seasons? It seems like ever since Tevin Coleman got injured in the Super Bowl and Freeman came in and missed that block on Donta Hightower which led to the Patriots comeback, he hasn't been the same ever since. I have to say, maybe the poor 2017 offense wasn't completely on Sarkisian this whole time like I originally thought, because it seems to me that Freeman has been causing the offense to stall lately here, but Coleman getting most of the snaps when Freeman was out due to injury or concussion has made our offense similar to 2016 again or close to it. The numbers say it y'all. 

Edited by mqg96

I think it's that Coleman can't pass block or run for short yardage, so the offense is much more wide open with RB going out for passes and us not running in short yardage.  Plus not giving up as many sacks by relying on the RB to block.

It should be noted we just lost 3 games in a row though with just Coleman starting.

1 minute ago, DogIsYourName said:

I think it's that Coleman can't pass block or run for short yardage, so the offense is much more wide open with RB going out for passes and us not running in short yardage.  Plus not giving up as many sacks by relying on the RB to block.

It should be noted we just lost 3 games in a row though with just Coleman starting.

2 genius 

1 minute ago, DogIsYourName said:

Because of OUR DEFENSE, not offense. Our offense scored 37 and 36 which was on the 2016 level, which should be enough for you to win. We have more problems than just injuries. When Freeman was starting along with Coleman against the Eagles we only scored 12 and right now in Pittsburgh we only have 10 coming into the 4th quarter.

Just now, mqg96 said:

Because of OUR DEFENSE, not offense. Our offense scored 37 and 36 which was on the 2016 level, which should be enough for you to win. We have more problems than just injuries. When Freeman was starting along with Coleman against the Eagles we only scored 12 and right now in Pittsburgh we only have 10 coming into the 4th quarter.

Well, read the sentences above the one you bolded and there's your answer!   It also has something to do with the defenses you face.