GABLACKBIRD

THS STAFF HAS TO GO!

73 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Borat said:

Half the team is hurt. DQ and TD aren’t blameless, but I very much doubt you’ll see Blank pin these season on them, and rightly so. 

Thank you. I'm s frustrated as anyone but a wholesale purge is idiotic. 

Duke needs to go,  maybe Vic. Perhaps time to draft some young lineman early. But Quinn has done a good job since his arrival and TD has delivered more often than not. 

DQ needs and deserves another year. But  he should be feeling some heat.

As I see it, he made the SB off the back of Shanny and proceeded to sit back and watch shanny's ego throw it all away. He consistantly fails to manage the game properly (See Super Bowl), Continues to make the same mistakes time and time again and has been nothing but stubborn about this injury situation. 

I like his ability to find and develop talent to ffit his scheme, but he needs to do some serious soul searching when it come to being a game-day HC.

Edited by RubberDucky

All teams have injuries. Its not like half the defense is gone. It is Quinn's job to have this team prepared. It is clear he had no backup plan in place should a few key players go down. 

Now both sides of the ball are not looking very good. So what is the excuse for the offense looking so bad today.  Injures cant be the cause for that.

2 minutes ago, high impact said:

All teams have injuries. Its not like half the defense is gone. It is Quinn's job to have this team prepared. It is clear he had no backup plan in place should a few key players go down. 

Now both sides of the ball are not looking very good. So what is the excuse for the offense looking so bad today.  Injures cant be the cause for that.

DE, MLB, SS, FS and now CB and DE. Yea, 6 of our 11 defensive starters are injured.

No way DQ & TD are fired after this season. Blank isn't the type of guy to react emotionally like a fan would. He realizes that the defense was destroyed with injuries. Now, if we are fully healthy next season and crap the bed, well maybe this is a somewhat legitimate discussion.

But for the sake of argument, let's pretend TD & DQ are fired following the season. Who is replacing them?

Edited by Falconer89

4 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

DE, MLB, SS, FS and now CB and DE. Yea, 6 of our 11 defensive starters are injured.

That is a bit of a reach. As not all are lost for the year. Plus all are not full time starters.

Let’s assume we will fire them ... what do you expect to happen. 

1) New coach with new philosophy... Which leads to years of change (and no success). 

2) New coach the same philosophy ...who?

3) Cap wise we are not in a bad situation. Which GM will handle this better?

4) ...

9 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Literally half the defense is gone, and it's the half with our best players, what in the world are you talking about?

Nah, they were bad before they lost the 5 players on the defense. Can you show how they were so good?

Edited by high impact

2 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Uh...yes. They were top 10 in both yards and points last year, holding good offenses (according to the way they performed) in the Eagles and Rams to 15 and 13 points in the playoffs. We lost all of our ProBowlers.

Debo, Keke, and Grady were our best players on defense, full stop. Takk is up there too and he's been hurt. Rico directs the defense and is gone. Take away the 5 best players of any defense and they'll suck. Guaranteed. Point out literally any team that hasn't sucked when that happened. Just one.

You can say that. I think they were just ok maybe just a bit better than average. To many time I saw them not hold a lead or could not get off the field on 3rd down. I think it was I bit more luck than play.  If they were so good why did they keep giving up the lead? I see so many good defenses get on top of other teams once they get a lead.  

As far as the playoffs Rams were very green. The Eagles had lost their starting QB. Just think where the Falcons would be if Ryan went down.

Injury apologists showing up. Not many football people.

We have played some turrible football under the current regime. 

Dimi is the main culprit for the roster but Quinn is looking like a clown coach this year.

Need rest. Help!!!!

BamaBirdLady likes this