Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SacFalcFan

Vanderbilt vs Georgia Bulldogs Game Thread

411 posts in this topic

Guys, I am not seeing many plays out of our Linebackers.   With all those screen passes our LBs keep missing tackles in space.  When we start playing good teams that is gonna matter.

35 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Have I missed something?  Why isnt Demetris Robinson playing?

He is playing a little, but whose snaps would you expect him to take? If you can't block, you won't see a ton of action. 

The Great American and g-dawg like this

I was happy to see our TE's get some action. Need way more of it. 

I feel DR will eventually come up big for us. Too talented to not use him. 

mike teevee likes this

1 hour ago, sdogg said:

I was happy to see our TE's get some action. Need way more of it. 

I feel DR will eventually come up big for us. Too talented to not use him. 

Glad to have Jackson Harris back.  He is a great blocker and underrated pass catcher

On ilb play, I want to see Rice on the field as often as possible.  Would love to see Tindall get some more reps as well.  Crowder has looked better, but I'm not feeling great about Taylor and indifferent on Patrick. 

45 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

On ilb play, I want to see Rice on the field as often as possible.  Would love to see Tindall get some more reps as well.  Crowder has looked better, but I'm not feeling great about Taylor and indifferent on Patrick. 

With our Linebacker play, Dawgs are getting worn out by screen passes.  Two weeks in a row against “Meh” offenses.  Guaranteed we will keep seeing screens until we show we can defend them.

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Did Wyatt play? 

He did not, I read elsewhere that he had some sort of injury this week in practice.

I thought the offense took a step forward yesterday.  This is heresy but it looks like we are better as a passing team that runs to keep the defense off guard rather than the other way around.  Also Swift looked swifter yesterday.

Edited by frankly88

15 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Guys, I am not seeing many plays out of our Linebackers.   With all those screen passes our LBs keep missing tackles in space.  When we start playing good teams that is gonna matter.

I noticed that too.  On way too many running plays, they are nowhere to be found. 

g-dawg likes this

1 hour ago, frankly88 said:

I thought the offense took a step forward yesterday.  This is heresy but it looks like we are better as a passing team that runs to keep the defense off guard rather than the other way around.  Also Swift looked swifter yesterday.

The offense looked like it's supposed to during that 2 minute drill and during the third quarter. Once you spread defenses out they aren't going to stop all the playmakers that we have.

I've been saying all year our offense looks best when we throw to set up the run. And we are running way better in spread formations. I think the run game is really missing a fullback in the heavy sets. We need to stay out of those looks for the most part until the end of the game. 

g-dawg likes this

15 hours ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I've been saying all year our offense looks best when we throw to set up the run. And we are running way better in spread formations. I think the run game is really missing a fullback in the heavy sets. We need to stay out of those looks for the most part until the end of the game. 

Agree 100%.  Watching the Mizzou game and Chaney running time and again into a 7-8man box was frustrating.  With Fromm/Fields/WR Corps, there is no need to be stubborn about the run - yes, we need to be run first but not stupidly so.

First play from scrimmage was 75yd TD pass.  Run tempo twice possessions per half, etc

There is no point in having that much talent and not use it to its best use.

95Dawg and sdogg like this

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Agree 100%.  Watching the Mizzou game and Chaney running time and again into a 7-8man box was frustrating.  With Fromm/Fields/WR Corps, there is no need to be stubborn about the run - yes, we need to be run first but not stupidly so.

First play from scrimmage was 75yd TD pass.  Run tempo twice possessions per half, etc

There is no point in having that much talent and not use it.

Plus at a minimum it contributed to, if not caused our top WR prospect to look elsewhere.

g-dawg, sdogg and 95Dawg like this

1 hour ago, AutumnEffect said:

Plus at a minimum it contributed to, if not caused our top WR prospect to look elsewhere.

I don't know if that's accurate.  Rusty has said the JH situation has nothing to do with the offense.  

g-dawg likes this