Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Libid21

Is Snitker the Braves version of Mike Smith?

22 posts in this topic

Perhaps Snitker is the Atlanta Braves version of Mike Smith... He is good enough to get us to the playoffs but never quite good enough to make any more progress once we get there. On paper, they are similar in how they coach / manage (both are players coaches and all about business on the field). Perhaps this team needs a manager to come in with more strategy, and most importantly, more ability to light a fire under these young guys.

8 minutes ago, Libid21 said:

Perhaps Snitker is the Atlanta Braves version of Mike Smith... He is good enough to get us to the playoffs but never quite good enough to make any more progress once we get there. On paper, they are similar in how they coach / manage (both are players coaches and all about business on the field). Perhaps this team needs a manager to come in with more strategy, and most importantly, more ability to light a fire under these young guys.

Snitker cannot make the players hit better and team that's not hitting is going to look like "they don't care." Clearly you haven't heard Freddie talk. They're not just "happy to be there."

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Snitker cannot make the players hit better and team that's not hitting is going to look like "they don't care." Clearly you haven't heard Freddie talk. They're not just "happy to be there."

Players will always defend a players coach. That is why he is a players coach. I recall Julio Jones and Matt Ryan advocating for Mike Smith to keep his job as well...

5 minutes ago, Libid21 said:

Players will always defend a players coach. That is why he is a players coach. I recall Julio Jones and Matt Ryan advocating for Mike Smith to keep his job as well...

What in the heIl does that got to do with anything I said?

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What in the heIl does that got to do with anything I said?

Why the aggression, brother?

You said "You clearly haven't heard Freddie talk." I have, actually. And he has good things to say about Snitker, but as I said... A players coach will always have good things said about him by his players.

No need to get riled up. This is just a message board, brother.

7 minutes ago, Libid21 said:

Why the aggression, brother?

You said "You clearly haven't heard Freddie talk." I have, actually. And he has good things to say about Snitker, but as I said... A players coach will always have good things said about him by his players.

No need to get riled up. This is just a message board, brother.

That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about Freddie saying before the series started that the Braves weren't just happy to be there. That statement has nothing to do with Brian Snitker and everything to do with Freddie Freeman wanting to erase the bad series the Braves had against the Dodgers in 2013. You're the one that claimed that the Braves were just happy to be in the playoffs. There's a direct quote from one of the players that says differently. That has nothing to do with Freeman defending the manager.

That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about Freddie saying before the series started that the Braves weren't just happy to be there. That statement has nothing to do with Brian Snitker and everything to do with Freddie Freeman wanting to erase the bad series the Braves had against the Dodgers in 2013. You're the one that claimed that the Braves were just happy to be in the playoffs. There's a direct quote from one of the players that says differently. That has nothing to do with Freeman defending the manager.

When did I say that the Braves were just happy to be there? I think you have me confused with someone in the game thread, sir.

14 minutes ago, Libid21 said:

When did I say that the Braves were just happy to be there? I think you have me confused with someone in the game thread, sir.

You said that they need a new manager to "light a fire under them." I assumed that you were talking about them just being happy to be there. How else is that statement supposed to be taken? What exactly do you mean then?

You said that they need a new manager to "light a fire under them." I assumed that you were talking about them just being happy to be there. How else is that statement supposed to be taken? What exactly do you mean then?

If you were assuming then why did you put those words in quotes? Lol.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

How about answer the question?

These players are not playing inspired baseball.

4 minutes ago, Libid21 said:

Wanna answer my question now? Lol

Yes, I did get confused because in the other thread "they're just happy to be there" was said several times by more than one poster.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

What does inspired baseball look like?

The fact that you even have to ask that question says enough about what kind of fan you must be... Moving on.

1 minute ago, Libid21 said:

The fact that you even have to ask that question says enough about what kind of fan you must be... Moving on.

LOL!! Alright then... Nice talking to you. Good decision to quit before you dug that hole too much deeper.

Ah yes.. when posters begin the finger pointing after losses.. instead of remembering that wins/losses are team stats.. 

and of course, let’s gloss over the fact that we’re further than anyone thought we’d make it this year.. but let’s start throwing out comparisons with no actual substance.. :rolleyes:

Falconsfan567 likes this

I don't think you can compare a football coach to a baseball one. Snit does some good things and then some bad things. I'm actually impressed with how he's managed this series other than not putting on Machado last night.

On 10/6/2018 at 0:31 AM, Libid21 said:

Same thing was said about Bobby Cox.  Couldn't win the big games.  Personally, I think Snitker is doing all he can.  He is managing like it's the playoffs.  Pulling pitchers as soon as there's trouble, shuffling the lineup some.  I've seen nothing to indicate he is the problem.  This young team wasn't supposed to be this good this soon.  They're still learning, and they're still really young.   JMHO

Libid21 and TheTrue7 like this

The guy who  they should have hired as manager is the 3rd base coach, Ron Washington. Eric Karros and Frank Thomas said he is the real reason the Braves have developed these young players and got them good soo early.  Washington also has World  Series experience... 

Libid21 likes this