Not TAFT, but ....

Flying Falcon

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

When has Matt Ryan ever had this much time to throw on a pass?

BTW, no, sadly Matt Ryan can't make this throw. But Matt has never had a play like this in his career with the Falcons with even half this much time to throw. Also, that was some really pathetic defense by the Colts. You cannot play a ball in the air any worse than that.

So Matt Ryan can't throw the ball 43 yards in the air?  You keep showing how much of a genius you are.  If anything, T Brady got luck as frick that the pass wasn't picked off.  It was a floater and Matt Ryan can definitely throw that. 

But all the time Brady had in the pocket is insane compared to the 2 seconds that M Ryan gets before the guards collapse in his face.  We give M Ryan time like that and he will produce MVP numbers.

9 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

So Matt Ryan can't throw the ball 43 yards in the air?  You keep showing how much of a genius you are.  If anything, T Brady got luck as frick that the pass wasn't picked off.  It was a floater and Matt Ryan can definitely throw that. 

But all the time Brady had in the pocket is insane compared to the 2 seconds that M Ryan gets before the guards collapse in his face.  We give M Ryan time like that and he will produce MVP numbers.

Did you see how low the trajectory was on that pass and how Brady threw it with minimum effort? In order for Ryan to get the ball to go that far he's got to put a lot more air under it. Also, I believe I made the point that it was horrible defense by the Colts. Yes, it should have been intercepted. That doesn't change the point that Ryan can't throw the ball 45 or so yards on a low trajectory like that.

17 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

When has Matt Ryan ever had this much time to throw on a pass?

BTW, no, sadly Matt Ryan can't make this throw. But Matt has never had a play like this in his career with the Falcons with even half this much time to throw. Also, that was some really pathetic defense by the Colts. You cannot play a ball in the air any worse than that.

lol wut? 

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Did you see how low the trajectory was on that pass and how Brady threw it with minimum effort? In order for Ryan to get the ball to go that far he's got to put a lot more air under it. Also, I believe I made the point that it was horrible defense by the Colts. Yes, it should have been intercepted. That doesn't change the point that Ryan can't throw the ball 45 or so yards on a low trajectory like that.

Dude. What are you talking about? 

Low trajectory? Its not like this was an Aaron Rodgers laser dude....

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

No, it's not an Aaron Rodgers throw. But it's still on a lower trajectory than Matt Ryan's throws of the same distance.

No its not. Perhaps youre being mislead because of the pullback angle of the camera? 

Thats not a low trajectory throw in any respect man. Nor was it an effortless throw. 

I'm not gonna say Matt's a huge "on a rope" guy but Brady isnt the dude to hold up as an example. Brady's arm isnt as good as Matt's arm at this point. That was a rainbow to the front corner of the endzone. No different than Matt's throw to Marvin Hall last year or about a bunch of throws in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqftrQv1mjk

1 minute ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

No its not. Perhaps youre being mislead because of the pullback angle of the camera? 

Thats not a low trajectory throw in any respect man. Nor was it an effortless throw. 

I'm not gonna say Matt's a huge "on a rope" guy but Brady isnt the dude to hold up as an example. Brady's arm isnt as good as Matt's arm at this point. That was a rainbow to the front corner of the endzone. No different than Matt's throw to Marvin Hall last year or about a bunch of throws in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqftrQv1mjk

Have you seen Matt attempt to throw deep THIS YEAR? It's ugly. I'm not talking about previous years. I'm talking about the here and now right now. Matt Ryan's deep throws this year look like punts.

4 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Dude. What are you talking about? 

Low trajectory? Its not like this was an Aaron Rodgers laser dude....

Tom Brady had a rocket for an arm but that pass he threw was a floater.  I'm 100% sure M Ryan can throw the ball 42 yards in the air, especially a floater.  **** I can make throw it 42 yards like that, ****. 

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Have you seen Matt attempt to throw deep THIS YEAR? It's ugly. I'm not talking about previous years. I'm talking about the here and now right now. Matt Ryan's deep throws this year look like punts.

At 1:06, he throws a deep ball in stride to Sanu.  Throws it on his 32 yard line, and Sanu catches it on the opposing 25 yard line.  Looked like a pretty punt by Matt Ryan to me.  But nice try.

1 minute ago, dawgsjw said:

At 1:06, he throws a deep ball in stride to Sanu.  Throws it on his 32 yard line, and Sanu catches it on the opposing 25 yard line.  Looked like a pretty punt by Matt Ryan to me.  But nice try.

Totally forgot about that throw. Better than Brady's throw. Good to see. I was wrong.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Totally forgot about that throw. Better than Brady's throw. Good to see. I was wrong.

The problem is that M Ryan and Julio's timing was off on a several deep balls and all of a sudden M Ryan has a noodle arm that can't throw.  I've been guilty of saying this before, but the biggest problem is Ryan not being able to step into his throws from a collapsing pocket.  M Ryan doesn't have the strongest arm in the NFL but it is more than capable. 

1 minute ago, dawgsjw said:

The problem is that M Ryan and Julio's timing was off on a several deep balls and all of a sudden M Ryan has a noodle arm that can't throw.  I've been guilty of saying this before, but the biggest problem is Ryan not being able to step into his throws from a collapsing pocket.  M Ryan doesn't have the strongest arm in the NFL but it is more than capable. 

I never called Matt Ryan noodle arm and I've defended his arm strength for years, even preseason this year. But I was greatly concerned the first 3 games of the season with how bad his deep ball looked. They were extremely wobbly and off target by a great distance.