Keanu Neal looks ahead of schedule in ACL rehab

Falcons S Keanu Neal looks ahead of schedule in ACL rehab

Some good news in what’s been a bad season.

By Cory Woodroof@CoryWoodroof47 Oct 3, 2018, 10:30am EDT

We all know by now how awful it’s been not to have Atlanta Falcons S Keanu Neal out on the field, but a little glimmer of Keke sunlight shines through.

On Neal’s most recent Instagram story, he showed himself peddling on a stationary bike, extending his knee in rotation. Forgive the self plug.

Neal’s a month out from surgery to repair his torn ACL, and he’s already pedaling on a bike and partaking in stretching exercises. That’s good news! He looks to be ahead of the curve here and should be on schedule to be back and fully healthy once training camp gets underway in July 2019, though we know nothing is certain.

This season has been a bummer throughout sans the offensive resurgence and that ugly Panthers win, so let’s take the little moments we can get. Knowing how vital he is to the offense, seeing Neal already in the midst of his rehabilitation process on the knee is exciting.

We’ll continue to miss Keke—especially on Sundays—and wish him well as he continues to get better.

28 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

I’m not familiar with the ACL rehab process and timetable - is he truly ahead of schedule or is this just the writer’s opinion? I don’t see him substantiating the claim with anything

I'd say he was on schedule not necessarily ahead of it.  My girlfriend tore her ACL playing hockey was starting rehab within about 2 weeks of surgery, bike was one of the first things re-entered since it's low impact.

On 10/4/2018 at 10:57 AM, Dirtybird56 said:

I’m not familiar with the ACL rehab process and timetable - is he truly ahead of schedule or is this just the writer’s opinion? I don’t see him substantiating the claim with anything

On 10/4/2018 at 11:28 AM, IA Falcon07 said:

I'd say he was on schedule not necessarily ahead of it.  My girlfriend tore her ACL playing hockey was starting rehab within about 2 weeks of surgery, bike was one of the first things re-entered since it's low impact.

Yeah, not ahead of schedule. I have torn mine a couple times and I started rehab just a day or two after it was over. They don’t let you rest at all.