Recent Story on new Falcon Michael Bennett

Michael Bennett was drafted in 2015 and has only played in 14 games (basically all in his rookie season)

* 2016 (2nd season) - He was placed on IR for his calf after the last preseason game against us.

* 2017 (3rd season) - He was placed on IR for his pectoral muscle after the first game of the season.

* 2018 (4th season) - He was a healthy inactive scratch vs. the Giants. Then release as the story reads.

Regardless of his injury history I believe with the depth the Jags had / has he was going to be inactive on gamedays.

2016 - He was behind players like Sen'Derrick Marks, Malik Jackson, and Abry Jones.

2017 - He was behind players like Malik Jackson, Marcellus Dareus, Abry Jones, and Calais Campbell who is a DE but can play DT in nickel.

Jaguars cut Michael Bennett to make room for Dante Fowler

By Phillip Heilman

Tuesday

Posted Sep 11, 2018 at 12:21 PM

The Jaguars parted ways with a former draft pick to make room on their 53-man roster for defensive end Dante Fowler.

Defensive tackle Michael Bennett, a sixth-round pick out of Ohio State in 2015, was released Tuesday, two days after he was a healthy scratch for the Jaguars’ 20-15 victory over the New York Giants.

Fowler re-joined the Jaguars’ active roster Monday after serving a one-game suspension for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy. That stemmed from a July 2017 arrest in his hometown of St. Petersburg.

The Jaguars had until 4 p.m. Tuesday to make a corresponding move and did so around lunchtime, moving on from Bennett, who has struggled to remain healthy during his professional career.

Bennett was placed on injured reserve prior to the 2016 season because of a calf injury. He was limited to one game last season with a pectoral injury. After making the Jaguars’ initial 53-man roster, Bennett said this was the best his body had felt in years.

In 14 career games, Bennett totaled 11 tackles and a half-sack.

“To go from two really tough years injury-wise to feeling the best I’ve felt since probably early high school when it comes to my body is huge,” Bennett said last week. “I feel great this year. I’m excited that I was able to show them enough to make it on the team. Now I’m just trying to move forward and produce.”

Fowler is also hoping to move forward and produce.

The former No. 3 overall pick is entering the final season of his rookie contract after the Jaguars declined his fifth-year option for 2019.

Fowler has 12 career sacks in 32 regular-season games, including eight last year. He also sacked New England quarterback Tom Brady twice during the AFC title game.

Fowler is expected to make his season debut Sunday against the Patriots.

“I know we’ll be ready to go, and I can’t wait,” Fowler said.

21 minutes ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

Michael Bennett was drafted in 2015 and has only played in 14 games (basically all in his rookie season)

* 2016 (2nd season) - He was placed on IR for his calf after the last preseason game against us.

* 2017 (3rd season) - He was placed on IR for his pectoral muscle after the first game of the season.

* 2018 (4th season) - He was a healthy inactive scratch vs. the Giants. Then release as the story reads.

Regardless of his injury history I believe with the depth the Jags had / has he was going to be inactive on gamedays.

2016 - He was behind players like Sen'Derrick Marks, Malik Jackson, and Abry Jones.

2017 - He was behind players like Malik Jackson, Marcellus Dareus, Abry Jones, and Calais Campbell who is a DE but can play DT in nickel.

2017 - He was behind players like Malik Jackson, Marcellus Dareus, Abry Jones, and Calais Campbell who is a DE but can play DT in nickel 

Gosh it must be nice to have an interior line like that! Mix of size, length, and athleticism. 

I laugh when people say our interior D-lineman are ok as a whole. Grady would probably be third best on that line if he suited up for the Jags. 

Until we have something comparable to what the Jags have in the middle then we won’t go that far. 

Just my opinion though. 

4 minutes ago, GleasonForever! said:

2017 - He was behind players like Malik Jackson, Marcellus Dareus, Abry Jones, and Calais Campbell who is a DE but can play DT in nickel 

Gosh it must be nice to have an interior line like that! Mix of size, length, and athleticism. 

I laugh when people say our interior D-lineman are ok as a whole. Grady would probably be third best on that line if he suited up for the Jags. 

Until we have something comparable to what the Jags have in the middle then we won’t go that far. 

Just my opinion though. 

No Lies Detected

32 minutes ago, GleasonForever! said:

Just my opinion though. 

The D line thing has never been completely worked out under Quinn which is puzzling since he'e a D line coach. Keep in mind the seahawks never turned it on until they signed Avril and Bennett as free agents. We have yet to make any moves like that.

2 hours ago, vafalconfan said:

The D line thing has never been completely worked out under Quinn which is puzzling since he'e a D line coach. Keep in mind the seahawks never turned it on until they signed Avril and Bennett as free agents. We have yet to make any moves like that.

Puzzling really. His best Dline here was with Poe and Rubin in the middle while Grady, Clayborn, Vic, Takk and co rushing outside. 

For whatever reason the FO said give me some of that McClain and Zimmer and the SB is ours. 

When Quinn first got here he brought Shelby, Reed, Upshaw, and Clay. I think we need another haul like that this offseason with addition 1-3 going to dline or interior line. 

5 hours ago, GleasonForever! said:

Just my opinion though. 

I sure wish I could say I knew what that feels like...

15 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Lmao! I was thinking the same...

What a cluster **** this whole **** thing is.

Not sure even D.Q knows what hes doing if thats the quality of scout they bring on board.

Shame on us!!

Pass on Eric Reid, who possibly could have helped us....passed on trading a low pick last offseason for the real Michael Bennett ......and instead pick up Michael Bennett lite.

SMH.....who the **** knows what falcons are thinking.

I also get that you want to develop your own guys on the D-Line. However the problem is that they need to start drafting the horses to develop. 

Why is it that we only have 4 players on the Dline that we drafted (Vic, Takk, Grady, Senat) since the Quinn era? Rest are washed up FA’s. 

The downfall of Quinn’s Tenure will be the Dline. 

11 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

He’ll be a non factor most likely, but it was an interesting read

You know what? You're probably right. Dude ain't no good. 

I'd of rather we got Ealy tbh at least he's shown something at some point. If we needed inside help that bad we could throw Takk there some because he straight mauled the G last week for a sack.

11 hours ago, GleasonForever! said:

Just my opinion though. 

It helps to suck for a decade and a half and pick in the top 10 in the draft each too. LOL 

At least Takk is the real deal. I think Falcons counted a lot in Vic performing at DE. Still can. Time is starting to tick for Vic but he is starting to show a spark. Doesn’t seem to have the give everything and leave nothing left playstyle, but then again Takk is kinda thicc and can get away with it...

Senat 3 sack game would be great. We cut Zimmer for this dude...

24 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

It helps to suck for a decade and a half and pick in the top 10 in the draft each too. LOL 

Or Get them via FA ( Campbell/Jackson)

Or find an Undrafter FA (Jones)

Or a brilliant Trade (Dareus)

You know...creative moves by the Jags FO. Something I have yet to see since Quinn took over. They draft skill players well but we need more dominant lineman. Via trade, FA or Draft the FO is not getting it done to WIN at an Elite level. 

Just my opinion though. 

Edited by GleasonForever!

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

I'm still into this season because I wanna watch Ridley and Takk ball out. They wanna win, I like it.

That’s cool. I loved Ridley even before. Thing is, passing isn’t my favorite part of offense. I love my dude but if I know it’s just going to be a shootout I have no interest. One guy on defense. This actually reminds me of the old days. I don’t see myself enjoying it. I am not a fan of pass happy football and I have hated the defense for a while now, so now I’m even less liking it. I’ll just focus on work and getting these contracts.

9 hours ago, Knight of God said:

That’s cool. I loved Ridley even before. Thing is, passing isn’t my favorite part of offense. I love my dude but if I know it’s just going to be a shootout I have no interest. One guy on defense. This actually reminds me of the old days. I don’t see myself enjoying it. I am not a fan of pass happy football and I have hated the defense for a while now, so now I’m even less liking it. I’ll just focus on work and getting these contracts.

I feel you but this team doesn't even have a running game sadly. So I can't enjoy that.