Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAD597

Grady Jarrett Expected to miss multiple games

132 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Thats about all we got at this point

Our defense is the most injured unit in the league during the season that the super bowl is in our house...  

I don’t know why we expected any other outcome for this season tbh.  This is Atlanta after all.

31 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

So still think we got a shot this year? It's over

This is part of the reason being an NFL fans sucks, Injuries have more to do with winning and lsoing then Talent.

Dang!!!  Could it get any worse?!?!?!?!  That makes Snot the next man up --- ugh...

We are only a handful of plays away from being undefeated. We can definitely go on a win streak. Keep dominating on offense and just be a little more opportunistic on defense. Imagine if we we can when like 3 of the next 4 and then get Grady back and then Debo back soon. What a huge boost that would be to the defense. Along with their replacements getting quality snaps

Ergo Proxy and A-TowN.- like this

• They keep making rules to make the game safer but are missing the most OBVIOUS rule... Eliminate the roster rule and keep the salary cap.  What's wrong with having 80 players active as long as you can pay them all and keep it under the cap???  Give me ONE good reason how this rule makes sense.  

1 minute ago, abstract said:

Our defense is the most injured unit in the league during the season that the super bowl is in our house...  

I don’t know why we expected any other outcome for this season tbh.  This is Atlanta after all.

Throughout the decades there are certain things you learn about the Falcons: The higher the expectations, the harder, more spectacular the crash. Example 1. Eugene Robinson and our 1st SB. Example 2. 28-3 in our 2nd SB.

But back to the present. Before preseason we're anticipating a SB win in our own stadium. Four weeks into the season, we're in last place in the NFC South and smelling like roadkill.

On a brighter note, the team traditionally does better when expectations have vanished and all hope has been abandoned. A miraculous turnaround seems in order right about now.

falcndave and rounz like this

4 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

We are only a handful of plays away from being undefeated. We can definitely go on a win streak. Keep dominating on offense and just be a little more opportunistic on defense. Imagine if we we can when like 3 of the next 4 and then get Grady back and then Debo back soon. What a huge boost that would be to the defense. Along with their replacements getting quality snaps

2j8hri.jpg

Clark Kent™ and rounz like this

This is what happens when people pick us to make the superbowl. 

Please, for all that is good and holy.  Let all the talking heads say we are the worst team in the NFL.  The next Browns.  If that happens, we win it all.

mqg96 likes this

It seems impossible right now, but I still think we can sneak in the playoffs and surprise people. Our offense has improved drastically, and let’s be honest, the defense can’t get much worse. I think they will only get better. 

It will be a struggle but we were only a couple of plays from being 3-1. 

Also, the Packers won the SB while also being decimated by injuries. Eagles won it with a back-up QB. It’s possible. 

3 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Do they put an asterisk next to those games?

I remember in 2013 people were mentioning 'they're only losing games by one score.'  If you lose by one play you still lose and that's the only thing that counts.

The offense has to literally play perfect and score a TD every time they touch the ball to win games.

It's over unless the defense makes a magical improvement next week when they have to try and cover Antonio Brown with no push up the middle.  That could get out of hand quickly.

46 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

So still think we got a shot this year? It's over

This is part of the reason being an NFL fans sucks, Injuries have more to do with winning and lsoing then Talent.

But thats also why people like the NFL so much....high volatility. Ton of turnover year to year. For most teams, you can convince yourself your team can compete if things break the right way. 

7 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

It seems impossible right now, but I still think we can sneak in the playoffs and surprise people. Our offense has improved drastically, and let’s be honest, the defense can’t get much worse. I think they will only get better. 

Also, the Packers won the SB while also being decimated by injuries. Eagles won it with a back-up QB. It’s possible. 

gonna need to catch a bunch of breaks to stay afloat long enough for Debo to get back. 

Then we'll need some more to keep winning. 

IDK...probably set. But i'll still watch. If the Chiefs can win with a "great offense, garbage defense" approach, maybe we can too. 

8 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

2j8irr.jpg

Falconer89 likes this

Saw this coming when i saw him take that hit. I was worried it was a acl at first. Knowing how dq has been misleading with injuries at first, its probably a high ankle. 

Falconer89 likes this

7 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

gonna need to catch a bunch of breaks to stay afloat long enough for Debo to get back. 

Then we'll need some more to keep winning. 

IDK...probably set. But i'll still watch. If the Chiefs can win with a "great offense, garbage defense" approach, maybe we can too. 

Yeah it’s going to be a challenge for sure. Will have to be more opportunstic on defense. It’s still possible though. Our O will just have to carry the team until we get Grady and Jones back. 

Falconer89 likes this

12 minutes ago, Malachore said:

These guys are supposed to be in elite condition but get hurt playing less than 25% of the 60 minutes.

Its almost as if the job they do is ridiculously physically taxing....

Just now, CaliFalcons said:

Wow wtf is up with this season?

You ever have that game of Madden where your players are just coughing the ball up for no reason at all half a dozen times? 

Well its that but just on a larger scale. Happens to ~1-2 teams a year....after 3 years of pretty stellar health, its time for us to take our turn. 

We're already locked in to having more games lost this year than we did in any of the previous three seasons.....and its only Week 5. 

Yikes. 

Just now, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

It would just be nice if it all happened to OUR WORST PLAYERS!

That WOULD be nice. Unfortunately, thats not how this year has gone. Not much you can do about it.