Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BLM

Ryan missed the elite boat...

93 posts in this topic

Remember when Ryan was supposed to be part of the next elite QB class after Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Big Ben go off into the sunset.  Looks like Ryan should have come out a bit later.  Goff and Maholmes will likely carry the torch for the next face of the NFL...

3 minutes ago, BLM said:

Remember when Ryan was supposed to be part of the next elite QB class after Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Big Ben go off into the sunset.  Looks like Ryan should have come out a bit later.  Goff and Maholmes will likely carry the torch for the next face of the NFL...

I mean if winning an MVP and carrying your team despite have a bottom tier defense most of his career and being top 15 in nfl career passing yards isn’t elite what is? :tiphat:

Mahomes has benefitted greatly from an Andy Reid system. About 5 of his TD passes have essentially been runs. He’s also only done it for 4 games. Goff has one incredible game under his belt and got sonned by Ice in the playoffs last year. 

1 minute ago, Falcanuck said:

Mahomes has benefitted greatly from an Andy Reid system. About 5 of his TD passes have essentially been runs. He’s also only done it for 4 games. Goff has one incredible game under his belt and got sonned by Ice in the playoffs last year. 

Maholmes has some guys that can FLY and fortunately he has the arm strength to get the ball to them. I'm amazed with how comfortable he is with very little experience last season

all the other QBs that were supposed to surpass Ryan has already came and went, no one has lived up to expectations or first 2-3 years of fluke success. Locker, Luck, Winston, Sanchez, Bradford, Stafford, Griffin III, Gabbert, Tanehill, Mariota, Manzell, Bridgewater, Prescott, Lynch, Freeman, Tebow, Manuel, Ponder, Flacco, Carr, and the list goes on and on lol.

Ryan is still here and consistently good, no matter what labels the media and sheep fans try to place on the guy

24 minutes ago, BLM said:

LOL!!!  Whatever... 

6 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

all the other QBs that were supposed to surpass Ryan has already came and went, no one has lived up to expectations or first 2-3 years of fluke success. Locker, Luck, Winston, Sanchez, Bradford, Stafford, Griffin III, Gabbert, Tanehill, Mariota, Manzell, Bridgewater, Ponder, Lynch, Freeman, Tebow, Manuel, Ponder, Flacco, Carr, and the list goes on and on lol.

Ryan is still here and consistently good, no matter what labels the media and sheep fans try to place on the guy

Two Ponders and still no Ice

Regular Guy likes this

The whole "elite" thing is dead anyway. It's not like it used to be with the same few guys statistically at the top. Every year there's like 3 new guys that dominate statistically, so it's never clear who stands out. All I know for sure is that Ben has never been elite. 

17 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Maholmes has some guys that can FLY and fortunately he has the arm strength to get the ball to them. I'm amazed with how comfortable he is with very little experience last season

Mahomes = Prescott. One good year then suck.  90% of what you see is smoke and mirrors and Andy Reid’s system.

NeonDeion, Godzilla1985 and nomak like this

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, BLM said:

They said the same exact thing about Ryan, Brady, Brees, Rodgers after Cam's rookie year. After RG3, Luck, and Wilson came onto the scene. When Kaepernick gashed Green Bay and us on the way to the SB.   To be elite, you have to be great over the course of your career.

Remember when that guy wanted to trade Ryan for Locker straight up? 

Edited by ParanoidAndroid

1 minute ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Mahomes = Prescott. One good year then suck.  90% of what you see is smoke and mirrors and Andy Reid’s system.

Prescott is not good at all. He has zero chemistry with his wr. He is nothing if he doesn't have Zeke or able to run the ball. Remember when people were questioning why Reid would play his starters for so long in that preseason game against the falcons. He knew Maholmes needed that extra time with his guys. Reid has the perfect system for his QB. It helps to have high speed guys and a strong arm to go with it. I will not take away from his talent at all. Prescott had Dez and Witten along with Zeke his first year.  If he was a good QB he would be able to find some type of true passing success with what he has now.

31 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

??????? He's already in the elite class. Not having a ring doesn't mean you aren't elite.

Too many sports analysts, writers, and mainstream media put too much emphasis on elite being whether you have a ring or not. It's either have a ring or you're not elite when there's so many other factors. I'm sick & tired of it.

Eli Manning will NEVER be elite in my eyes. I don't care about his incredible wildcard runs beating the Patriots twice or being the brother of Peyton. You benefitted from historically great defenses holding that 2007 Patriots juggernaut offense with Randy Moss and MVP Brady to only 14 points, held them to 17 in the rematch, and in that run in 2011 your defense held the 15-1 Packers with MVP Aaron Rodgers to 13 points most of the game before that last 7 in garbage time. Just stop it people. If Matt Ryan had those Giants defenses in 2012 and 2016 he would have 2 rings by now.

With all that being said, I still don't consider Matt Ryan as elite IMHO but almost there. Outside of the Packers regular season game finish in 2016, I can't recall Matt Ryan being clutch in 2 min situations or when it matters most lately, despite all the numbers he puts up. We haven't had a consistently good 2 min offense with Matt Ryan since Tony Gonzalez left (watch all those 2012 finishes). Matt Ryan has always needed the arguably most talented weapons around him (WR and RB) to be good such as Turner, Roddy, Julio, Gonzalez, Sanu, Freeman, Coleman, Ridley, and so forth. Elite QB's can make mediocre weapons around them better and then their cap space can be put into so many other positions instead of it being heavily on expensive offensive weapons like our guys. Matt Ryan is probably the top tier 2 QB of all time. 

58 minutes ago, BLM said:

Quarterback Rating Last 3 Weeks:

Mahomes: 119

Goff:  128

Ryan:  133

Dude is a bust and missed his window

25 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Prescott is not good at all. He has zero chemistry with his wr. He is nothing if he doesn't have Zeke or able to run the ball. Remember when people were questioning why Reid would play his starters for so long in that preseason game against the falcons. He knew Maholmes needed that extra time with his guys. Reid has the perfect system for his QB. It helps to have high speed guys and a strong arm to go with it. I will not take away from his talent at all. Prescott had Dez and Witten along with Zeke his first year.  If he was a good QB he would be able to find some type of true passing success with what he has now.

True

And Dak never was able to have success with Dez as Romo did.

I honestly don't think it was all Dez when it came to his very steep decline. Despite Dez losing his speed, the man's game is way too physical for him to completely fall off the way he did. 

Ergo Proxy, Drew4719 and ya_boi_j like this

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

True

And Dak never was able to have success with Dez as Romo did.

I honestly don't think it was all Dez when it came to his very steep decline.

I don't either. Dak just is not a good QB.

Can someone define elite? What is the criteria? What is the minimum number of starts to qualify?

• Pass Yards per Game?
  • Pass Yards per Attempt?
  • Yards In The Air?
  • TD%
  • INT%
  • Passer Rating?
  • QBR?
  • Game Winning Drives?
  • Comeback Wins?
  • Winning% As A Starter?
  • Pro Bowls?
  • All Pros?
  • MVPs?
  • Super Bowl MVPs?
  • Lombardies?

Let's figure that out first and go from there.

Big_L and Halcon-1 like this