Champford

2019 NFL Mock Draft: Matt Miller's

14 posts in this topic

Matt got us taking Raekwon Davis DL out of Alabama at the 10th pick 

“It's unexpected to see the Atlanta Falcons with a top-10 selection, but head coach Dan Quinn finds himself in this position after a rough start to the season. That could be a blessing in disguise for the front office, as it's able to land a premium talent in Alabama's Raekwon Davis.

Davis, a 6'7", 316-pound athlete, is incredibly versatile on the defensive line. Alabama allows him to play mostly in a 3-4 defensive end role, but he's shown he has the tools to be utilized as an interior rusher as well. Davis isn't an old-school two-gap mauler at end, but he's a new-age threat with the mixture of size, power and athleticism to cause a lot of problems for offensive linemen.

The Falcons, on paper, don't have many needs. Davis would instantly upgrade the defensive line and make the job of the back seven much easier.”

Edited by Champford
GleasonForever! likes this

I just question how much Quinn feels the need for 1st round picks on interior linemen when everyone thought that's what would happen last draft. 

On 10/3/2018 at 8:48 AM, Summerhill said:

I just question how much Quinn feels the need for 1st round picks on interior linemen when everyone thought that's what would happen last draft. 

I think Quinn was expecting more of a "return from investment" from players like McClain and Crawford. Regardless of the injuries suffered on defense, it's clear that we need to bring in more talent in the trenches next season.

If we drafted Raekwon in the 1st  I would like to see us draft a DE like Jaylon Ferguson ( Louisiana Tech ) or Oshane Ximines ( Old Dominion ) in the 2nd

It should have happened last draft.

Rakewon would be a good pick. Wouldn't mind Devin White either, but I think the first pick has to go towards the DL. 

14 hours ago, caver50 said:

It should have happened last draft.

Talent > positional need. Ridley is likely to be better than any DT available. 

15 hours ago, Summerhill said:

Talent > positional need. Ridley is likely to be better than any DT available. 

We hear that every year, don't we ? We can pickup tackles and guards later in the draft, but for the most part it doesn't work for us. All positions are important. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. Ridley is good talent and a good pick, but look at how many points we have given up this year. Really we need both offensive  and defensive players. This was easy to see coming. Much of our talent is over rated.

I thought it was reported that our target last year was Da'Ron Payne but he went 13th.

15 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

I don't think Atlanta will be picking 10 or less. I think more like around 15.

Im not sure about that. The only "good" chances we have at wins the rest of the season are at Cleveland, which will be tough with that defense and a running qb, and at home vs Arz late in the year. We also play a ton of road games

3 hours ago, Matt4415 said:

Im not sure about that. The only "good" chances we have at wins the rest of the season are at Cleveland, which will be tough with that defense and a running qb, and at home vs Arz late in the year. We also play a ton of road games

I'm not sure either.....but I just don't think this team will do antyhing but improve from here on out. Of course, I could be wrong.

DE has to up there in the needs stakes with Shelby and Reed likely gone this year a base end is going to be up there when it comes to taking a guy first up.