Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JD dirtybird21

My board feedback

2 posts in this topic

@DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry, @PK Manley, @Monoxide, @Atlfanstckndenver

Hey guys, here is some feedback I have for the board. You can take it or leave it. Not expecting a response by any means. Just some suggestions

1. Lock thread starting during a game. 

2. Posters should have a limit of 300 posts or more to start a thread. 

3. A poster should only be allowed to start a new thread once per day

4. Bring back the thumbs up and thumbs down buttons. If an OP reaches a -15 score, the thread is deleted.

I've been around the boards for a very long time and I personally feel they are going downhill. This is not because of you guys necessarily. But, I think people just have too much freedom to do things that are very eye rolling. For example, the board gets FLOODED with lots of new threads that are very meaningless, obnoxious, and sometimes downright stupid. And often times its done by the same people. I feel like if you are stricter about thread starting, it will clean the boards up quite a bit. I also think it will result in less arguments and less backlash from good posters like Athell. 

Just my opinion. Thanks guys. 

I tried locking threads during the game. It became futile and I eventually gave up. I was literally having to refresh the board every 5 minutes during the game and locking 7 threads in the process. People unanimously said they didn’t care about the cluster of threads during the game, so I stopped patrolling it.

As for people getting away with things, I always encourage everyone to utilize the report button. We are a very small moderating team and that’s how we are able to see everything. 

Thanks for your respectful input though! I think it’s fair and should be taken under advisement.