Unkn0wn

MLB Playoffs

382 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

3 games in 3 cities in the span of about 76 hours.

2 NL West teams in the divisional playoffs, yay! 

Disappointing season for the Cubs. They never seemed to put it together this year. If you include last night the Cubs offense scored 1 or 0 runs 40 times in 2018. That would be tied with Baltimore for the most 0 or 1 run games.

7 hours ago, K26dp said:

And this is why I don't want the Braves to ever, ever play in another Wild Card game. 2012 almost killed me, don't want to imagine being a Cubs fan right now.

Especially when an “infield fly” can derail your season. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

YES!!! TONY WOLTERS FRESH OFF THE BENCH IN THE GAME THANKS TO A DOUBLE SWITCH IN THE BOTTOM OF THE 12TH GIVES THE ROCKIES A 2-1 LEAD IN THE 13TH!!!

Did Matt Vasgersian scream as loud as he did when the Cubs tied it?  He went nuts like it was his favorite team. 

23 minutes ago, dmite said:

Did Matt Vasgersian scream as loud as he did when the Cubs tied it?  He went nuts like it was his favorite team. 

Vasgersian does that. It's like his signature thing. He gets really excited for big moments 

There's some talk the Cubs may fire Joe Maddon. Cubs fear Maddons message has lost it's luster. He's also taken a lot of heat for his unconventional decisions. Pulling Lester last night and using Heyward not Schwarber with the bases loaded got him a lot of heat last night.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

There's some talk the Cubs may fire Joe Maddon. Cubs fear Maddons message has lost it's luster. He's also taken a lot of heat for his unconventional decisions. Pulling Lester last night and using Heyward not Schwarber with the bases loaded got him a lot of heat last night.

LMAO! :munch:

13 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Was pretty common place at The Ted but the only time I know about it happening at AFCS was the 1992 World Series against the Blue Jays. Braves always lost the clinching games on the road there. But then The Ted was a completely different story. That was always awful.

Braves were swept by the Cardinals in the 1982 NLCS with the final game ending in a 6-2 loss at AFCS.

The Giants clinched the 1987 NL West with a 15-6 win at AFCS on 9/27/87 with over 26K fans showing up to see Phil Niekro's final game. The Braves finished 5th that season, but the 26K fans in attendance was one of the largest crowds of the season.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Brewers will do a bullpen game for Game 1. Counsell said he hasn't decided who to use first. They'll go Chacin on short rest for Game 2 and he'll go as long as he's effective.

16 hours ago, K26dp said:

And this is why I don't want the Braves to ever, ever play in another Wild Card game. 2012 almost killed me, don't want to imagine being a Cubs fan right now.

It's even doubly worst for them because they lost 2 tiebreaker games at home on back-to-back days.

9 hours ago, dmite said:

Especially when an “infield fly” can derail your season. 

Infield fly and the worst throwing error of Chipper's career.

3 hours ago, The Kingfish said:

Braves were swept by the Cardinals in the 1982 NLCS with the final game ending in a 6-2 loss at AFCS.

The Giants clinched the 1987 NL West with a 15-6 win at AFCS on 9/27/87 with over 26K fans showing up to see Phil Niekro's final game. The Braves finished 5th that season, but the 26K fans in attendance was one of the largest crowds of the season.

Thanks. Both of those were before my time so I didn't know about them.

11 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I know everyone can't wait for that Yankees/Red Sox ALDS.

Im the opposite like to see new teams,different players and almost always pull for the under dog. Good thing cause nobody is giving the Braves a chance, would love for them to slap down the Dodgers

Just now, putnam6 said:

A's just cant get nothing going 

They said on the broadcast at the start of the game that the A's have some of the worst numbers of any team this year on pitches over 97 mph. I have no idea how they could have had such a good offense with that being the case.