Unkn0wn

MLB Playoffs

382 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

We go to the 13th, Im going to need meds for the Braves games 

Exactly. I'm on pins and needles and it's not even the Braves.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes. He's been out for a while. Both teams have liberally used the double-switch and their bench tonight. Brian Snitker would be proud. Here's the Rockies double-switches.

• 7th inning with 2 outs. Rockies doubled switch putting catcher (C) Drew Butera hitting 9th and pitcher Adam Ottavino hitting 8th. Chris Iannetta out of the game.
  • 8th inning with 2 outs. Rockies doubled switch putting outfielder (RF) Carlos Gonzalez hitting 8th and pitcher Wade Davis hitting 1st. David Dahl moved from RF to CF. Charlie Blackmon out of the game.
  • 10th inning with 2 outs. Rockies doubled switched putting infielder (1st) Ryan MaMahon hitting 1st and pitcher Chris Rusin hitting 6th. Ian Desmond out of the game.
  • 12th inning with 2 outs. Rockies doubled switched putting catcher (C) Tony Walters hitting 6th and pitcher Scott Oberg hitting 9th. Drew Butera out of the game.

The pitcher's spot for the Rockies in their batting order has gone 9th, 1st, 6th, and now back 9th. It's down right crazy looking at the play-by-play. It was crazy and hard to follow.

Just dont agree taking out one of your best bats Rockies take the lead

YES!!! TONY WOLTERS FRESH OFF THE BENCH IN THE GAME THANKS TO A DOUBLE SWITCH IN THE BOTTOM OF THE 12TH GIVES THE ROCKIES A 2-1 LEAD IN THE 13TH!!!

3 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

Just dont agree taking out one of your best bats Rockies take the lead

Charlie Blackmon has always been a product of Coors Field. His production on the road has always been poor and was again this year. Hitting just .249/.329/.439 (.768) away from Coors this year. For his career he's a .262/.315/.430 (.745) hitter on the road.

putnam6 likes this

2 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

Cubbies in danger of losing division and playoffs at home back to back that will sting if it happens

Especially since they had a 5 game lead at one point in September.

Just now, putnam6 said:

used to hate watch opposing teams celebrate at AFCS and Turner Field

Was pretty common place at The Ted but the only time I know about it happening at AFCS was the 1992 World Series against the Blue Jays. Braves always lost the clinching games on the road there. But then The Ted was a completely different story. That was always awful.

putnam6 likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Charlie Blackmon has always been a product of Coors Field. His production on the road has always been poor and was again this year. Hitting just .249/.329/.439 (.768) away from Coors this year. For his career he's a .262/.315/.430 (.745) hitter on the road.

This is why I need your help doing fanduel line ups LOL but he did get an early hit and scored a run

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 minute ago, putnam6 said:

This is why I need your help doing fanduel line ups LOL but he did get an early hit and scored a run

It's why a year or so ago when he there was all the talk about making him MVP that I vetoed it. Even that year his OPS away from Coors was barely .800 and that's not MVP level.