Unknøwn

MLB Playoffs

382 posts in this topic

Most angry and upset I've been with a pro sports championship game since the Cavs got swept by the Warriors, oh wait, this is the 2nd world championship in the row now that I'm extremely disappointed in. ******* sick and tired of Warriors fans. ******* sick and tired of the whole ******* city of Boston **** me **** it! :argh::bang:

This trend better not continue for me, because the Super Bowl will be next, and it better not be the Saints OR Patriots in there, let alone both of the teams. I remember back when the 2008 Florida Gators and the 2009 Saints won championships in back to back seasons... that was the worst 2 year stretch in Georgia football sports history. 

14 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Most angry and upset I've been with a pro sports championship game since the Cavs got swept by the Warriors, oh wait, this is the 2nd world championship in the row now that I'm extremely disappointed in. ******* sick and tired of Warriors fans. ******* sick and tired of the whole ******* city of Boston **** me **** it! :argh::bang:

This trend better not continue for me, because the Super Bowl will be next, and it better not be the Saints OR Patriots in there, let alone both of the teams. I remember back when the 2008 Florida Gators and the 2009 Saints won championships in back to back seasons... that was the worst 2 year stretch in Georgia football sports history. 

I legit may have to stop watching the NFL if the Saints win a Super Bowl on our home field

mqg96 likes this

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I legit may have to stop watching the NFL if the Saints win a Super Bowl on our home field

I love football way too much to do that, but I've been through worse than that possible scenario. 2008 Florida and 2009 Saints were bad like I brought up before, and I don't know if anything will top the Falcons and Dawgs blowing it against the spoiled dynasty teams in back to back seasons. I don't believe any state outside of Georgia has been through that much. No one has endured as much heartbreak as us. Georgia is the most talented state when it comes to sports teams and players who's blown the most championship opportunities in the last 3 decades. 

20 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Heck yeah..  Smh

mqg96 likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Manny Machado was a big reason why!!

What heart broken fans smh... Well will all be gunnin for Bosten next year.

Just now, Atownbrave said:

Too bad L.A. too because they beat us

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Kershaw is the Jim Kelly of MLB.

You think Smoltz took a little delight in watching Kershaw collapse in the playoffs again? Smoltz was one of the best "big game" pitchers in playoff history. And Kershaw has once again proven he is a bust in the postseason. And the Dodgers are on the hook for another 2 years at almost $70 million for him.

Malachore likes this

2 minutes ago, Atownbrave said:

Smh... Wow.

1 minute ago, Atownbrave said:

I'm not heartbroken at all. Why would I be heartbroken? I'm so glad that the Dodgers traded for Manny Machado and still lost the World Series. Makes it even better after all the non sense that's from a certain poster on this board.

1 minute ago, The Kingfish said:

You think Smoltz took a little delight in watching Kershaw collapse in the playoffs again? Smoltz was one of the best "big game" pitchers in playoff history. And Kershaw has once again proven he is a bust in the postseason. And the Dodgers are on the hook for another 2 years at almost $70 million for him.

Unless he opt's out.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm not heartbroken at all. Why would I be heartbroken? I'm so glad that the Dodgers traded for Manny Machado and still lost the World Series. Makes it even better after all the non sense that's from a certain poster on this board.

No, i was saying ... Well i meant to say L.A. fans are heart broken. But i don't care if they are lol

Falconsfan567 likes this

19 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I love football way too much to do that, but I've been through worse than that possible scenario. 2008 Florida and 2009 Saints were bad like I brought up before, and I don't know if anything will top the Falcons and Dawgs blowing it against the spoiled dynasty teams in back to back seasons. I don't believe any state outside of Georgia has been through that much. No one has endured as much heartbreak as us. Georgia is the most talented state when it comes to sports teams and players who's blown the most championship opportunities in the last 3 decades. 

I went through Alabama losing in the final seconds and the Falcons blowing that game within a month span of each other. It was a pretty difficult stretch of life for other reasons, but I'm not sure sports will ever get me that down again. I could feel for Georgia fans a lot after last year though. Alabama lost on pretty much a walk off the year before, so I know it's tough. The biggest difference though is that I've seen Alabama win many titles, so that took a lot of the sting out of the Clemson game.

I though the stretch from October of 2012 to January of 2013 was pretty awful too:

Braves lose on a complete garbage call (I legitimately think Sam Holbrook should never call a Braves/Cards game again)
Georgia blew a double digit second half lead and then lost going into the end zone against Alabama
The Falcons come up short in that exact same end zone a month and a half later

Why can't Atlanta sports just have something good? Instead we are probably going to have to watch the Saints and Pats play a Super Bowl on our home field because that's just what happens to Atlanta. 

I would kill to see even just one title before I die

mqg96 likes this

19 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Why can't Atlanta sports just have something good? Instead we are probably going to have to watch the Saints and Pats play a Super Bowl on our home field because that's just what happens to Atlanta. 

I would kill to see even just one title before I die

I feel you. Georgia's drought will probably end the soonest out of all the teams. The Falcons first Super Bowl may not come until it's a new day in Atlanta. That's how it works in the NFL. I have a feeling that we are going to be the Eagles of the NFC South. The good news is, anytime I don't believe in the Falcons, that's when they play at their best. Same went for the seasons coming into 2012 or 2016 when I didn't expect the Falcons to be THAT GOOD coming off a mediocre season. 

David Price made history. Hes the first pitcher in MLB history to clinch two straight playoff series against Cy Young winners. He wrapped up the ALCS vs Verlander and the WS against Kershaw. 

Kershaw now has a 4.32 career ERA in the playoffs. He finished this WS with a 7.36

9 hours ago, The Kingfish said:

You think Smoltz took a little delight in watching Kershaw collapse in the playoffs again? 

No, I don't think John Smoltz is that small of a man.

Falconsfan567 likes this