Unknøwn

MLB Playoffs

382 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I actually didn't have a problem with Machado until these playoffs started. The guy has acted like an ***. When you openly admit that you dont hustle then I got no place for you. Harper has his own issues people dont like but at least Harper bust his *** every single play.

But did you see his home run against the Braves?!?!?!

Randy Moss has a attitude:

https://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bears/2010/11/2/1789286/nfl-randy-moss-bad-behavior-minnesota-vikings

The Patriots with all their RINGS ignored it and went to the Superbowl with Moss:

WINNERS GO GET THE BEST PLAYERS.  Does it always work out? No, but they STAY in the hunt for the chip by getting the BEST players regardless...  20 years from now Machado is gonna be looked at as a generational player that the Braves refused to SERIOUSLY approach about signing just like the dumb teams that never wanted Randy Moss, hall of famer...

Image result for brady to randy moss touchdown gif

Edited by slickgadawg

Lol at trying to compare Moss and Machado.. 

and BTW, not sure where all this talk about Machado’s signing being the turning point of the Dodgers season.. pretty sure Turner’s return played quite a role in that.. you know, the guy who is still producing... 

Edited by TheTrue7

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

and BTW, not sure where all this talk about Machado’s signing being the turning point of the Dodgers season.. pretty sure Turner’s return played quite a role in that.. you know, the guy who is still producing... 

https://omny.fm/shows/ben-and-woods/steven-woods-manny-machado-is-a-generational-playe

Machado is the type of the guy who can destroy a clubhouse. All of our guys and everyone else in the league is hearing and watching what's happening. Like any other human they form opinions. They probably already have a dislike for guys who dont hustle or seemingly attempt to injure someone intentionally, not once but twice in one October. Bringing in that kind of guy can really ruffle feathers and throw off the entire vibe of a team. We know this team developed a family type of atmosphere and I'm not sure Macahdo is the right guy for that. Hes more of a me player.

2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

https://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bears/2010/11/2/1789286/nfl-randy-moss-bad-behavior-minnesota-vikings

The Patriots with all their RINGS ignored it and went to the Superbowl with Moss:

WINNERS GO GET THE BEST PLAYERS.  Does it always work out? No, but they STAY in the hunt for the chip by getting the BEST players regardless...  20 years from now Machado is gonna be looked at as a generational player that the Braves refused to SERIOUSLY approach about signing just like the dumb teams that never wanted Randy Moss, hall of famer...

That's great!! Randy Moss and I have the same number of rings 

TheTrue7 and Falconsfan567 like this

49 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Critics say Machado is dirty.  Chase Utley, who people just fawn over and adore is A DIRTY player but people love that guy.   They wanna erect statutes of the dude up in Philly.  Utley BROKE A MAN'S LEG and nobody says a thing.  A.J.Pierziynski is LOVED by Braves fans.  He made the list of 7 dirtiest players in baseball along with Utley.  Never heard nothing about it when he was a Braves player.  THEN, A.J. has the  gumption to call out Machado for not being professional when Machado says he doesn't hustle or whatever he said.  All A.J. did was have the WORST SPIKE  I've ever seen at second base. He TRIED to hurt a player.  He said Machado is not professional.  I guess spiking people is?  Oh, i get it. A.J. was HUSTLING when he spiked the dude, :lol: He was loved in Braves country though.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/867841-seven-dirtiest-players-in-mlb#slide7

https://www.aol.com/article/2015/10/11/even-mlb-players-think-chase-utleys-slide-was-dirty/21247745/

Image result for chase utley dirty slide gif

A.J. Piersynski.  Yall got some explaining to do:

Image result for aj pierzynski dirty player

Piersynski doesn't cost you close to $300 million over 10 years bud and neither does Utley.

It really is strange why you have such an attraction for a dirty player like Machado. He's good, but he doesn't fit the Braves well, and he costs a lot.

I honestly wonder why you call yourself a Braves fan with as much as you fawn over the Dodgers. I would be okay with Machado coming here, but your love affair with him is really kinda creepy...

Falconsfan567 likes this

On 10/28/2018 at 1:17 PM, tl;dr said:

Piersynski doesn't cost you close to $300 million over 10 years bud and neither does Utley.

It really is strange why you have such an attraction for a dirty player like Machado. He's good, but he doesn't fit the Braves well, and he costs a lot.

I honestly wonder why you call yourself a Braves fan with as much as you fawn over the Dodgers. I would be okay with Machado coming here, but your love affair with him is really kinda creepy...

I wanted Christian Yelich too before the Brewers snatched him up.  The Braves wanted him but the Marlins wanted Acuna which was a no go for the Braves.  There are only TWO players in baseball right now that I would want to sign and thats Machado and Yelich.  Yelich is a beast also.  Hits for power and average just like Machado.  He can steal bases also which gives him a huge edge.  He would've come cheaper also. It would've been perfect. Since he is gone, its off to the next available big bat. 

Yelich is a complete player...Yelich was always good but Barry Bonds tutoring has him hitting for serious power now.  Machado, Yelich and Acuna are the best players in the National League...

Related image

Image result for christian yelich gif

Edited by slickgadawg

25 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I wanted Christian Yelich too before the Brewers snatched him up.  The Braves wanted him but the Marlins wanted Acuna which was a no go for the Braves.  There are only TWO players in baseball right now that I would want to sign and thats Machado and Yelich.  Yelich is a beast also.  Hits for power and average just like Machado.  He can steal bases also which gives him a huge edge.  He would've come cheaper also. It would've been perfect. Since he is gone, its off to the next available big bat. 

Yelich is a complete player.... BETTER THAN FREDDIE FREEMAN, yes, I said that... Yelich was always good but Barry Bonds tutoring has him hitting for serious power now.  Machado, Yelich and Acuna are the best players in the National League...

Machado isn't even the best 3B on his team, that belongs to Justin Turner. 

And the only two players you would sign are Machado and Yelich which is great, but Yelich isn't a free agent for several years. Mike Trout is a better player than both of them too, so if we are talking about players we could sign years down the road, I would take Trout over everyone. 

Yelich is better than Freddie, but giving up Acuna to a divisional rival is just stupid. I hope you wouldn't have done that trade. 

I still want to know why you have a love affair with Machado (the 2nd best 3B on his team). 

I think you are a troll honestly. You don't actually like the Braves, and you just want to criticize the team

Edited by tl;dr
Falconsfan567 likes this

3 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Look at the series total in the graphics. Dodgers up 2-1. Look at the score.... He was clutch against the Braves.  :ninja:   Basically eliminated them with this one...

" Its gooone. Manny Machado breaks it open with a 3 run shot . "

Image result for machado home run braves

Dude, you need help.

tl;dr likes this

3 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Randy Moss wasn't a dirty player and the Patriots never won a Super Bowl with him. Fail, try again!

3 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Exactly. But common sense and objectivity is lost on him. Clear since the only "highlight" that he can show of Manny Machado carrying the Dodgers to the World Series is a homerun off a rookie pitcher who had pitched in about 10 MLB games prior to that game.

2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Critics say Machado is dirty.  Chase Utley, who people just fawn over and adore is A DIRTY player but people love that guy.   They wanna erect statutes of the dude up in Philly.  Utley BROKE A MAN'S LEG and nobody says a thing.  A.J.Pierziynski is LOVED by Braves fans.  He made the list of 7 dirtiest players in baseball along with Utley.  Never heard nothing about it when he was a Braves player.  THEN, A.J. has the  gumption to call out Machado for not being professional when Machado says he doesn't hustle or whatever he said.  All A.J. did was have the WORST SPIKE  I've ever seen at second base. He TRIED to hurt a player.  He said Machado is not professional.  I guess spiking people is?  Oh, i get it. A.J. was HUSTLING when he spiked the dude, :lol: He was loved in Braves country though.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/867841-seven-dirtiest-players-in-mlb#slide7

https://www.aol.com/article/2015/10/11/even-mlb-players-think-chase-utleys-slide-was-dirty/21247745/

A.J. Piersynski.  Yall got some explaining to do:

Image result for aj pierzynski dirty player

Where in the heIl did you come up with the idea that A.J. Pierzynski is loved by Braves fans? You're even more clueless than I gave you credit for.

4 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

I actually didn't have a problem with Machado until these playoffs started. The guy has acted like an ***. When you openly admit that you dont hustle then I got no place for you. 

Cannot agree with this more. When I used to play baseball in Tee Ball all the way up through varsity, there was one constant that coaches drilled in your head - "Hustle!" I mean, you heard them tell it [read: scream oftentimes with expletives] to us all the dang time to the point where you either got tired of hearing it and did it anyway or just hustled instinctively. Can you imagine a baseball coach watching Machado with his team and trying to explain his behavior away? I was the best player on most of my teams growing up, and I hustled MORE because much was expected of me due to my talent.

As I've said before, Machado is a heckuva offensive talent - that is undeniable...but there is zero chance he'd play for me as his attitude flies in the face of what a ballplayer - regardless of talent or production - should do. 

Machado will rightfully earn a lot of money because of his offensive prowess, but whoever signs him better have a VERY strong clubhouse and an even stronger coach who can reign in his pizz poor attitude or else they will have more problems than they bargained for. Acquiring him on a long term contract is like deciding to marry someone - you can HOPE all you want that Machado's attitude and approach will get better, but you have to be PREPARED and ACCEPT the reality that he may not get any better...heck, he might get WORSE.

Edited by ATL Fan in the DMV

Facts, want some facts? Manny Machado has been terrible in the playoffs. As much as this fool slickdawg is drooling over Machado for that one homerun, check out his career numbers in the playoffs.

• .224/.280/.400 (.680) - 22 G 95 PA, 85 AB, 11 R, 19 H, 3 2B, 0 3B, 4 HR, 14 HR, 6 BB, 21 SO, 1 SB, 0 CS.

What has he done this year for the Dodgers?

• .242/.279/.382 (.661) - 15 G, 68 PA, 62 AB, 9 R, 15 H, 2 2B, 0 3B, 3 HR, 12 RBI, 4 BB, 15 SO

Yep, Braves really should give him $300M so he can stink it up in the playoffs. These are facts!!

41 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Facts, want some facts? Manny Machado has been terrible in the playoffs. As much as this fool slickdawg is drooling over Machado for that one homerun, check out his career numbers in the playoffs.

• .224/.280/.400 (.680) - 22 G 95 PA, 85 AB, 11 R, 19 H, 3 2B, 0 3B, 4 HR, 14 HR, 6 BB, 21 SO, 1 SB, 0 CS.

What has he done this year for the Dodgers?

• .242/.279/.382 (.661) - 15 G, 68 PA, 62 AB, 9 R, 15 H, 2 2B, 0 3B, 3 HR, 12 RBI, 4 BB, 15 SO

Yep, Braves really should give him $300M so he can stink it up in the playoffs. These are facts!!

Hey now, he's having his best postseason ever, cut the man some slack!!

Machado is a very talented player so I can understand why someone would be a big fan of his. I'm a football player so being dirty has never bothered me. I have had players try to rip my eyes out. I have done dirt too. Cheating is more serious than a dirty player to me

Malachore likes this

31 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Machado is a very talented player so I can understand why someone would be a big fan of his. I'm a football player so being dirty has never bothered me. I have had players try to rip my eyes out. I have done dirt too. Cheating is more serious than a dirty player to me

But Machado is lazy. I don't want lazy players on the Braves. Also, it's not like Machado has lit it up in the playoffs.

29 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

But Machado is lazy. I don't want lazy players on the Braves. Also, it's not like Machado has lit it up in the playoffs.

Yeah I don't like lazy players either

Falconsfan567 likes this