Unknøwn

MLB Playoffs

382 posts in this topic

One of my old teachers at Wallace posted on FB the other night that she wasn't a big baseball fan but that it was cool that a few years ago one of her former students (Derek Holland) pitched in the World Series and now she's got the chance to see another one of her former students pitch in the World Series (Craig Kimbrel).

Well, if last night was any indication then Boston is probably running away with this thing. Their offense seemingly scored at will, they rocked Kershaw. Dodgers gameplan coming in was get into the bullpen early and they felt they could hammer the Boston bullpen. Sox RPs went 5 innings, 3 H, 1 R. 

6 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Well, if last night was any indication then Boston is probably running away with this thing. Their offense seemingly scored at will, they rocked Kershaw. Dodgers gameplan coming in was get into the bullpen early and they felt they could hammer the Boston bullpen. Sox RPs went 5 innings, 3 H, 1 R. 

It was only the 4th time in WS series that neither game 1 starter went more than 4 innings.

16 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It was only the 4th time in WS series that neither game 1 starter went more than 4 innings.

And it was actually performance, not analytics that had them pulled early. 

That was some of the worst base running I have ever seen at the professional level. Kinsler is lucky he wasn't out about 7 times before he finally was out

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

That was some of the worst base running I have ever seen at the professional level. Kinsler is lucky he wasn't out about 7 times before he finally was out

Ian Kinsler just made the worst World Series throw by a position player I've ever seen to let the Dodgers tie the game. I specify because the Tigers pitchers back in 2006 couldn't throw at all against the Cardinals.

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

16 innings!!

Regardless of who wins this tonight, the biggest thing I've learned from this game is how critical bullpen depth is to be a championship team. Braves should be taking huge notes from this. 

K26dp likes this

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Have I mentioned lately that I ******* hate the Dodgers?

That's how I feel about the Red Sox or any Boston team right? :angry: