Falconsfan567

Braves vs. Dodgers (NLDS)

1,741 posts in this topic

Just now, Malachore said:

I must have blacked out because I don't remember those teams doing anything other than hitting homers.

Agreed. The hit the first pitch philosophy is played out. Pitcher and catchers are smart too. Over analyzing the analytics. 

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malachore said:

I must have blacked out because I don't remember those teams doing anything other than hitting homers.

Made the playoffs in 2015 and 2016 and won the ALDS each time before losing in the ALCS. They even won the AL East title in 2015 ahead of the Yankees and Red Sox. Then AA left to go to the Dodgers where he said he learned more in his 2 years with the Dodgers than he did in his entire time in baseball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Troll. You’re a troll piece of ish garbage no woman or family that really loves you troll. It’s obvious. Always and only show up when chips are down. Only time you show up. Troll. 

Well. This is just depressing. 

I'm gonna watch the baseball game now. 

If you wanna blow a fuse worrying about other people, knock ya self out 

I havent even said anything negative outside of I don't need Nick back next year :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Also helps having the best TV deal in baseball compared to the Braves having the worst TV deal in baseball.

I wish we could pull out of that deal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will help the team in the future. Sucks but you couldn't really have expected the Braves to take down the Dodgers. Next season will be the experienced team and I have no doubt we'll be better equipped for this after Anthopolous does his thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

He's one of the best 3rd basemen in baseball. I know he wants to play SS but to say "no matter where you put him" is false.

You’re right. He wasn’t very good in the games he’s played at 3B this year, but overall he’s been really good there. 

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, usmcdirtybird said:

I wish we could pull out of that deal.  

Time Warner wanted to sell the Braves, they wanted it done quickly so they signed a terrible deal to package the Braves and the TV deal together. There was nothing anyone currently associated with the franchise could do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Time Warner wanted to sell the Braves, they wanted it done quickly so they signed a terrible deal to package the Braves and the TV deal together. There was nothing anyone currently associated with the franchise could do.

It is funny.  MAny people give blame to Liberty but Time Warner made us into the penny pinchers.  Going with Rico Brogna at first and many other cheap moves.  

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, usmcdirtybird said:

It is funny.  MAny people give blame to Liberty but Time Warner made us into the penny pinchers.  Going with Rico Brogna at first and many other cheap moves.  

OMG. Yes!! That was so bad. We had to go find Julio Franco out of Mexico.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve spent money with LM around. We aren’t spending the buckets of money that CHC, BOS, NYY and the LAD are throwing around, but at one point we signed several of our young players to long-term deals (Freddie, Simmons, Kimbrel, Teheran) while dropping FA dollars on BJ Upton and trading for his brother. 

Falconsfan567 and Malachore like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ATLBrave said:

We’ve spent money with LM around. We aren’t spending the buckets of money that CHC, BOS, NYY and the LAD are throwing around, but at one point we signed several of our young players to long-term deals (Freddie, Simmons, Kimbrel, Teheran) while dropping FA dollars on BJ Upton and trading for his brother. 

Time Warner was horrible.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Seeing Julio deal is starting to make me sad he didn't start the 6th.

I would have put him in to start the 5th. I said it, I was disappointed that it wasn't him as the next in line after Folty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Unkn0wn said:

Julio finished strong. He had a 2.89 ERA I believe to finish the year.

Good, trade him now while he is hot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now