Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves vs. Dodgers (NLDS)

1,741 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

In a surprise move the Dodgers flipped SPs. Ryu gets Game 1, Kershaw Game 2. Game 1 is now that much more open. Braves need to take advantage of that. Don't want to go down 1-0 with Kershaw looming the next day.

I'll take it!!! Folty has to pitch his *** off the Braves have to win that game!!

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

He also had the now famous quote before the game. When asked if he was worried about facing Kershaw in a do or die Garcia said "I don't panic, I make pitch". He made a lot of pitches that day. Should have beaten Kershaw.

Yeah I remember that. It was pretty epic. Several of us over on a different Braves board that I run used to quote that for a couple of years after it happened.

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Have the Braves announced their postseason roster?

No, I don't think they have to announce it until Thursday.

Swanson is out for the NLDS. He said his hand is improving. He says he could be ready for the NLCS if the Braves make it. There was some talk Swanson would be there as a late game defensive replacement but Braves can't afford to give up a bat.

Guessing Gausman gets the game 3 start. If we are up 2-1, I wouldn't mind putting Folty out there for game 4 to try and close it out. 

Here's how bad the Braves recent postseason track record is, not only have they not won a series since 2001, but they haven't even forced a game 5 since 2004. Their last 3 division series have all been 3-1 losses with the win coming in game 2 in each series.

6 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Guessing Gausman gets the game 3 start. If we are up 2-1, I wouldn't mind putting Folty out there for game 4 to try and close it out. 

I think we only see Folty out there for game 4 on short rest if it's due or die. If we're up 2-1 we're going to save Folty for game 1 if necessary.

Sanchez is the perfect match for Kershaw. He's the veteran that's been there and he never gets panicked. He's been the master of limiting damage all season. In the playoffs that's a huge attribute, you cant let things spiral when you give up a couple of hits.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

It's gameday!! It's October 4th and the Braves have a meaningful game! We've been waiting 5 years for this day.

I hope I don't fall asleep. I've got a full long day ahead of me and am wicked tired already from a lack of sleep.

13 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I hope I don't fall asleep. I've got a full long day ahead of me and am wicked tired already from a lack of sleep.

Coffee is your friend my man. 

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Coffee is your friend my man. 

Yuck!!! I don't know how people stand that stuff. I can't even stand the smell of it let alone drink it.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Yuck!!! I don't know how people stand that stuff. I can't even stand the smell of it let alone drink it.

:o

theres been times I’ve thought about injecting it.. :lol:

JDFIII likes this

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

:o

theres been times I’ve thought about injecting it.. :lol:

That would have to be the only way I'll take it. I just can't stand the taste. Plus I hate hot drinks. I don't even like hot chocolate. And yes, I've tried cold coffee too.