Falconsfan567

Braves vs. Dodgers (NLDS)

1,741 posts in this topic

Dates and times for the games haven't been set yet. They're waiting to see who wins between the Rockies/Cubs prior to setting the start times. That will also determine which channel the game will be on. It will either be MLB Network or FS1.

Thursday - Game 1 - at Los Angeles - 8:37 PM - MLB Network

• Mike Foltynewicz vs. Hyun-Jin Ryu

Friday - Game 2 - at Los Angeles - 9:37 PM - FS1

• Anibal Sanchez vs. Clayton Kershaw

Sunday - Game 3 - at Atlanta - 8:07 PM - FS1

• Walker Buehler vs. TBA

*Monday - Game 4 - at Atlanta

*Wednesday - Game 5 - at Los Angeles

*If Necessary

I'll come back and update the OP once all the info has been put out.

sdogg likes this

Braves were 2nd in the NL against LHP for OPS. Acuna, Freeman and Albies were all in the top 15 against LHP. Dodgers throwing 2 lefties in this series. 

sdogg likes this

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

:vince:

tldr didn’t make the thread?!

44 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

We're doomed...

Was just coming on here to make the thread and I saw it had already been made :(

24 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Was just coming on here to make the thread and I saw it had already been made :(

You and Falconsfan567 must sacrifice a chicken or something by Thur. 

jidady likes this

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Jon Morosi reports the Dodgers will go Kershaw, Ryu in Games 1 & 2. Walker Buehler will likely get Game 3.

Ouch!!! That is tough. Clayton Kershaw is Clayton Kershaw. We know what to expect from him. Ryu and Buehler have been amazing lately.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves were 2nd in the NL against LHP for OPS. Acuna, Freeman and Albies were all in the top 15 against LHP. Dodgers throwing 2 lefties in this series. 

I don't see how the Braves numbers can still be so good against LHP when lately it seems every time we see a LHP we get completely shutdown.

• Aug. 8th - at WAS - Tommy Milone - 6 IP, 10 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 3 HR, 0 BB, 4 SO
  • Aug. 9th - at WAS - Gio Gonzalez - 7 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 HR, 1 BB, 3 SO
  • Aug. 11th - vs. MIL - Wade Miley - 6 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 HR, 1 BB, 0 SO
  • Aug. 17th - vs. COL - Kyle Freeland - 6 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 HR, 4 BB, 9 SO
  • Aug. 25th - at MIA - Wei-Yin Chen - 6 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 HR, 2 BB, 10 SO
  • Aug. 30th - vs. CHC - Mike Montgomery - 4 1/3 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 HR, 1 BB, 6 SO
  • Sep. 7th - at ARI - Patrick Corbin - 6 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 HR, 1 BB, 9 SO
  • Sep. 9th - at ARI - Robbie Ray - 6 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 HR, 4 BB, 6 SO
  • Sep. 11th - at SF - Andrew Suarez - 6 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 HR, 3 BB, 3 SO
  • Sep. 12th - at SF - Derek Holland - 6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 HR, 1 BB, 7 SO
  • Sep. 18th - vs. STL - Austin Gomber - 5 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 HR, 3 BB, 5 SO
  • Sep. 27th - at NYM - Jason Vargas - 7 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 HR, 0 BB, 6 SO

So, you've got to go all the way back to August 8th against the Nationals and Tommy Milone to find the last time the Braves really knocked around a left-handed starter. Last 11 games when the Braves have faced a left-handed starter.

• 65 1/3 IP, 55 H, 16 R, 16 ER, 6 HR, 21 BB, 64 SO, 2.20 ERA

10 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I think we're bound for some good luck for me. It's been a while since I've started a thread. It's time for me to bring some good mojo.

Well, if we lose game one, you can’t blame Snit..... :D

Last Braves lineup for a playoff game was in 2013 in Game 4 vs the Dodgers. That lineup was...

Heyward, J Upton, Freeman, Gattis, McCann, Johnson, Simmons, Elliot Johnson, Freddy Garcia

Elliot Johnson was named the starting 2B after Uggla was left off the roster. I'd say things are looking better.

Falconsfan567 and dmite like this

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Last Braves lineup for a playoff game was in 2013 in Game 4 vs the Dodgers. That lineup was...

Heyward, J Upton, Freeman, Gattis, McCann, Johnson, Simmons, Elliot Johnson, Freddy Garcia

Elliot Johnson was named the starting 2B after Uggla was left off the roster. I'd say things are looking better.

2-5 was pretty good though.  And Chris had a career year if I recall correctly. 

21 minutes ago, dmite said:

2-5 was pretty good though.  And Chris had a career year if I recall correctly. 

Yep, Chris hit .321 that year. He didn't disappoint in October either. Chris hit .438 with 5 RBI that series. Elliot did disappoint though with an .071 average. He had 1 hit in the 4 games. Upton hit .143, Heyward .167 so hopefully we get better production from those spota this time.

18 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Dates and times for the games haven't been set yet. They're waiting to see who wins between the Rockies/Cubs prior to setting the start times. That will also determine which channel the game will be on. It will either be MLB Network or FS1.

Thursday - Game 1 - at Los Angeles

Friday - Game 2 - at Los Angeles

Sunday - Game 3 - at Atlanta

*Monday - Game 4 - at Atlanta

*Wednesday - Game 5 - at Los Angeles

*If Necessary

I'll come back and update the OP once all the info has been put out.

Update away sir. 

Game 1, Thursday 8:37 

Game 2, Friday 9:37

Game 3, Sunday 8:07

Falconsfan567 likes this

34 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Update away sir. 

Game 1, Thursday 8:37 

Game 2, Friday 9:37

Game 3, Sunday 8:07

Has been updated!! Absolutely hate that game 1 is on MLB Network because MLB Network is the only sport or channel that doesn't have a Roku app that lets you watch. I'll have to pull it up on my laptop and use Chromecast to get it on my tv and that sucks because the sound always gets to be about 5 seconds ahead of the picture when that happens. I have no idea why MLB is such a stick in the mud when it comes to putting out an official app for Roku that lets you watch MLB Network. Only channel I can't watch straight from Roku.

12 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

I remember so many worried about us running Garcia out there, but The Chief pitched his old ----- off and left the game in line for a win.

Edited by TheUsualStuff

In a surprise move the Dodgers flipped SPs. Ryu gets Game 1, Kershaw Game 2. Game 1 is now that much more open. Braves need to take advantage of that. Don't want to go down 1-0 with Kershaw looming the next day.

5 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

I remember so many worried about us running Garcia out there, but The Chief pitched his old ----- off and left the game in line for a win.

He also had the now famous quote before the game. When asked if he was worried about facing Kershaw in a do or die Garcia said "I don't panic, I make pitch". He made a lot of pitches that day. Should have beaten Kershaw.