Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BamaBirdLady

The coach you hate, but wish was yours

46 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Stryka said:

Sean Payton is #1. Belichek arguably 1 or 2.  The guy thats quickly climbing the ladder is Pederson from Eagles. 

Quite possibly the funniest thing I’ve read in a long, long time.  Payton isn’t top 30 All-Time and sure AF can’t hold Dark Hoodies clipboard.  Thanks for the laughs.

16 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Quite possibly the funniest thing I’ve read in a long, long time.  Payton isn’t top 30 All-Time and sure AF can’t hold Dark Hoodies clipboard.  Thanks for the laughs.

I misread the title. Im still stuck in hate week. Lol thought it said something a lil different 

Falcons In 2012 likes this

8 hours ago, Tandy said:

Jim Schwartz?   Really?   What did he have - 1 season over .500?

We are riddled with injuries to critical players on our team.    Not going to jump ship on our HC yet.

Said  the coaches you hate , which in "fantasy" you would have as your coach.

I hated both of them ....one of the in pure genius and other redefined his career as defensive coordinator with Eagles and winning Superbowl. 

Jim Schwartz defense always gave Ryan and co. Night mares....if Im correct hes has lowest passer rating vs his defense. I think !

But, im just tired of D.Qs lip talk.....need to see some positive actions.

BamaBirdLady likes this

11 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Said  the coaches you hate , which in "fantasy" you would have as your coach.

I hated both of them ....one of the in pure genius and other redefined his career as defensive coordinator with Eagles and winning Superbowl. 

Jim Schwartz defense always gave Ryan and co. Night mares....if Im correct hes has lowest passer rating vs his defense. I think !

But, im just tired of D.Qs lip talk.....need to see some positive actions.

Matt Ryan's stats against him as Head Coach (All away games at Detroit) :

Record 2wins, 0loss, 45 of 66 for 68.2% completions, 497 yds, 6 ttl TD (1 rush), 2 Int - Rating 102.9

Matt Ryan's stats against him as DC (Pederson HC - all  away games at Philly):

Record 0wins, 3loss, 61 of 112 for 54.5% completions, 728 yds, 2 TD, 2 Int - Rating 73.1

Overall Record: 2 wins, 3 loss, 106 of 178 for 59.6%, 1225 yds, 8 ttl TD (1 rush), 4 Int - Rating 84.1

That can't be his lowest passer rating against any DC or HC.   If I had to guess - I'd go with Monte Kiffin - who used to be the DC for the Bucs, but that's only a guess - don't know for sure.

Matt Ryan against Monte Kiffin as DC - 1win, 1loss, 28 of 56 for 50%, 364 yds, 0 TD, 4 Int - Rating 41.1

Kiffin was a nightmare - glad he left Tampa.

Kiffin's record against all Falcon Quarterbacks while he was in Tampa as DC:

Bucs won 12  - Falcons won 5

4 games out of 17 - an Atlanta quarterback was knocked out of the game

Average stats of all games - all quarterbacks:   263 of 473 for 55.6% completions, 2745 yards, 13 TD, 26 INT, 49 SACKS, AVERAGE QB RATING: 58.9

That averages out to per game against Kiffin: 15 of 28 for 55.6%, 161 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT, 3 SACKS, 58.9 RATING

Billy Check or that guy coaching the Rams. Used to like Jimmy Johnson when he was in Dallas.  One of the best in game coaches. Didn't wait until halftime to make adjustments. 

I really like the energy of Sean McVay.   He's still pretty young and new at this - so only time will tell if he's got what it takes to succeed long term in the league - but he's doing a great job out there so far.

As far as HC - I think if I could have just one coach to select - and it didn't matter what era - it would have to be Shula

10 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

WTF??

Sean Payton has 5 years in his career with 8 wins or fewer. Since the Saints won the Super Bowl,  Since 2014 Payton is 35-33 (1-1). Seriously, WTF am I missing?

Most overrated coach in the history of the game. Great offensive mind, but is horrible in free agency and the draft. Mike Smith is a better coach than him.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Payton probably. 

I dont really dislike many folks in the league. I'm not fond of Payton though....and the dude is a great head coach. 

Edit: I actively like Bill Belichick but if I didnt, he'd be the obvious answer. 

39 minutes ago, Falconer89 said:

Most overrated coach in the history of the game. Great offensive mind, but is horrible in free agency and the draft. Mike Smith is a better coach than him.

?

Mike Smith is not a better coach than Sean Payton. 

Sean Payton isnt the GM of the Saints.....but suggesting the Saints are "horrible in the draft" is a bit of a stretch given the last few years.

2 hours ago, Tandy said:

I really like the energy of Sean McVay.   He's still pretty young and new at this - so only time will tell if he's got what it takes to succeed long term in the league - but he's doing a great job out there so far.

As far as HC - I think if I could have just one coach to select - and it didn't matter what era - it would have to be Shula

Love Sean! Hes our GA kid.....

Ive been going to few Rams game to see in person on sidelines on how hes handling the show....he has midas touch! Let me tell ya...

Sean Mcvay looks more hungrier than every....he has tremendous rapport with his coaching staff and entire players crew.

Highly respected young man and looks like his team will take a bullet for him if they had too.

Rams will go deep...and if its anyone who has to raise Lombardi other than Falcons. 

I want Rams!

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Payton probably. 

I dont really dislike many folks in the league. I'm not fond of Payton though....and the dude is a great head coach. 

Edit: I actively like Bill Belichick but if I didnt, he'd be the obvious answer. 

Payton over my dead body!! 

Loathe Saints! 

And despise Payton!

On 10/1/2018 at 11:18 AM, Stryka said:

Sean Payton is #1. Belichek arguably 1 or 2.  The guy thats quickly climbing the ladder is Pederson from Eagles. 

I don't hate any coach but Andy Reid is impressive.  He has a dominant offense no matter the QB, RB, WRs, etc...

Payton as an OC maybe, definitely not HC. I loathe Rex Ryan but I would have taken him as a DC any day of the week (Obviously he doesn't fit with Quinn's philosophy, though). Honestly, Belichek is the only guy I'd probably take over Quinn at HC. 

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Billy Check or that guy coaching the Rams. Used to like Jimmy Johnson when he was in Dallas.  One of the best in game coaches. Didn't wait until halftime to make adjustments. 

Why do you hate McVay?

15 minutes ago, BLM said:

I don't hate any coach but Andy Reid is impressive.  He has a dominant offense no matter the QB, RB, WRs, etc...

My list would be Belichek 1st. I don't hate Andy Reid but he had our number as an Eagles coach and yes the dude is actually a QB Guru and offensive genius overall. 

9 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Payton as an OC maybe, definitely not HC. I loathe Rex Ryan but I would have taken him as a DC any day of the week (Obviously he doesn't fit with Quinn's philosophy, though). Honestly, Belichek is the only guy I'd probably take over Quinn at HC. 

Why do you hate McVay?

I like McVay. Just couldn't remember his name. 

3 hours ago, Xfactor said:

C'mon there's only one

image.jpeg

Belichick with our roster the last few years would be en route to a 3-peat.  We also won a title in 2012.  We’d have, at minimum, 4 titles since Ryan was drafted.

Xfactor likes this